E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Front bumper, looking

08-11-2018, 10:40 PM   #1
Product
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Hello,
I'm in the market for a new front bumper. I'm looking for something slightly different and I saw this pic from an eBay listing. Unfortunately this is not the actual item being sold on the listing. Has anyone seen this bumper before?

EDIT: The blue bumper is the bumper in question. The white one is the OEM. I'm looking to replace my damaged front bumper on a 2008 e90 m3.

Edit: this is an RD Sport bumper for the e90 M3. Thanks y'all.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 12:29 AM   #2
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

You can find a M3 Replica bumper all day long. Make sure you get the correct one there are ones made for pre lci and ones for lci. Also don't get a fiberglass one get one that is and out of the OEM material( someone will chime in and tell you what's it's called I forget) they have some that have the headlight washer openings and without as well as fogs and no fogs.
Appreciate 1
Product16.50
      08-12-2018, 01:53 AM   #3
Product
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doesha View Post
You can find a M3 Replica bumper all day long. Make sure you get the correct one there are ones made for pre lci and ones for lci. Also don't get a fiberglass one get one that is and out of the OEM material( someone will chime in and tell you what's it's called I forget) they have some that have the headlight washer openings and without as well as fogs and no fogs.
Thanks but this bumper is different in style than the OEM version. I was wondering if anyone knows what it is? I seen pics of this bumper in the threads but it never was mentioned where the bumper came from (at least not that I noticed).
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 06:03 AM   #4
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Product View Post
Thanks but this bumper is different in style than the OEM version. I was wondering if anyone knows what it is? I seen pics of this bumper in the threads but it never was mentioned where the bumper came from (at least not that I noticed).
That is because they are Replica M3 Bumpers. OEM M3 Bumper is too wide for normal 3 series. eBay has them you just have to make sure you get the one for correct year and correct options that you need. Here is an example. Look at the item description the seller tells you to beware of half years model etc.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/M3-Style-Fron...anner=1&_rdt=1

They also have 1M style bumpers which I love but too expensive.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #5
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
I was thinking about buying this exact same bumper on eBay. Live near Alameda and wanted to inspect them 1st to make sure it fits but seller said they are drop shipped. So, I'm hesitant to buy it.

Quote:
That is because they are Replica M3 Bumpers. OEM M3 Bumper is too wide for normal 3 series. eBay has them you just have to make sure you get the one for correct year and correct options that you need. Here is an example. Look at the item description the seller tells you to beware of half years model etc.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/M3-Style-Fron...anner=1&_rdt=1

They also have 1M style bumpers which I love but too expensive.
      08-16-2018, 01:47 AM   #6
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
I was thinking about buying this exact same bumper on eBay. Live near Alameda and wanted to inspect them 1st to make sure it fits but seller said they are drop shipped. So, I'm hesitant to buy it.
I got mine form a spot in Garden Grove, for my pre lci. I think he was charging 280 for the bumper and another 150 for paint pm me and I'll get the info for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 03:29 AM   #7
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I got mine form a spot in Garden Grove, for my pre lci. I think he was charging 280 for the bumper and another 150 for paint pm me and I'll get the info for you.
Did he paint and install the bumper cover or did he just paint it and then give it to you to install yourself?

If the former, I'd consider driving to SoCal to get it done but I also need new LCI type headlights installed at the same time as well. My local shop will do it but they gave me static about the aftermarket bumper cover because (based on their experience) they always require additional fitting. However, they agreed to install one for me as long as I was willing to pay for any additional shop time required to make it fit.

The concern from my end is finding a reliable supplier that will provide the proper M3 type bumper cover for my 335i. Just seems like a crap shoot buying it blind on eBay or whereever without being able to inspect it first to insure a proper fit.
      08-22-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Google image search turned up with this...the first result.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312294
Appreciate 1
Product16.50
      08-23-2018, 10:57 PM   #9
Product
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Google image search turned up with this...the first result.

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312294
That's it! Thanks. I couldn't figure out the google image on my iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 09:12 AM   #10
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep

On Android, and if you're using Chrome, you long press on the photo and a few options pop up, one of those being "Search Google for this image".
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 09:43 AM   #11
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep

On Android, and if you're using Chrome, you long press on the photo and a few options pop up, one of those being "Search Google for this image".

Is your car an M3, or a non M?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 09:56 PM   #12
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
Did he paint and install the bumper cover or did he just paint it and then give it to you to install yourself?

If the former, I'd consider driving to SoCal to get it done but I also need new LCI type headlights installed at the same time as well. My local shop will do it but they gave me static about the aftermarket bumper cover because (based on their experience) they always require additional fitting. However, they agreed to install one for me as long as I was willing to pay for any additional shop time required to make it fit.

The concern from my end is finding a reliable supplier that will provide the proper M3 type bumper cover for my 335i. Just seems like a crap shoot buying it blind on eBay or whereever without being able to inspect it first to insure a proper fit.

No I bought the bumper and had a shop paint it he would of painted it to match for I think $150 more. My car got hit on the front passenger fender and door. My front m tech bumper started peeling paint and was pretty scraped up on the bottom from previous owner so i decided to do the bumper and have them blend everything at once the shop I went to he had a 335 out front so I was able to see the fitment right there. Guy was pretty straight forward to me and let me know everything including the fog lights were really for an e60 but fit the m3 rep perfect
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 10:02 PM   #13
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep

DND Auto Paint Touch actually located in Stanton
Ask for JR just Google the shop phone number will pop up. He answered all my questions I had regarding fitment lights wiring etc.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 08:39 PM   #14
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
DND Auto Paint Touch actually located in Stanton
Ask for JR just Google the shop phone number will pop up. He answered all my questions I had regarding fitment lights wiring etc.
Thanks of the info but I'll need to do this locally in NorCal.
      09-04-2018, 01:13 AM   #15
Product
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post

Is your car an M3, or a non M?
It's an e90 m3 lci.
Appreciate 0