E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Small miss fire on idle

09-21-2023, 02:49 PM   #1
athanasios gkintsoudis
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 320i 2010

Small miss fire on idle

Hello all
I need some help with my BMW e90 N43B20 engine. For the last year, I experienced miss fires, more at the cold start and less when the car was warm but was always there. First, I tried to replace the MAF and coil packs with no diagnostics just because it was one of the common reasons and was cheap. I scanned the car to have a look at the fault, and that showed nox sensor fault. I replaced the nox sensor with the original one, but I still had the same issue, so the only option left was injectors. It took me about 6 months to replace the injectors (due to the high cost). Now that I have replaced the injectors and coded them, the car works much, much better, but I still have small misfires on the idle only, and the check engine light is coming on. I had five faults. I cleared the codes, but the same five came back again.
2d29 dme:differential-pressure sensor, intake manifold: plausibility
2c7f lambda control 2
2d0f dme:air-mass sensor, signal
2f08 dme:intake-air temperature sensor, single
2d06 dme:Air-mass system

And one more thing I noticed was that when I checked the running smoothness value, cylinders 2 and 1 had off values.
1 73.30
2 -110.50
3 12.80
4 19.10
I think this value should be close to 0, so I think something is wrong with cylinders 1 and 2.

Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions on when to start.

Thank you, everyone. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by athanasios gkintsoudis; 09-22-2023 at 08:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 08:09 AM   #2
athanasios gkintsoudis
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 320i 2010

For the scan tool, I am using an xtool ip616. I do not have inpa

Update: I had some coil packs from when I changed them last time, and I tried to use it on cylinder 2 just to see if that changed anything, but it was still the same.
Appreciate 0