E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > I don't even know what to title this...

02-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #23
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerx View Post
e9012345, ok I have to pipe in here. There's a lot of issues with your stories. In your first post you said they didn't show badge or badge number and now after you went to 33 division they "know those officers". Did they just pull officers out of a hat and say yup those guys were officers. I'm really starting to think someone might have gotten a ticket and had to vent.

I'll be the first to agree there's bad cops and good cops but what your saying is amazing. Comparing this country to Nazi Germany? Are you being serious? Have you stepped into any other country in the world and seen how Police act / corruption there? I think we have not pretty good here in Canada.

In my 30 years of being a pretty big dickhead to Police iv never got my "face kicked in" now that I'm older, iv realized that I treat people with respect like I want to be treated.

I'm ending it here because like I said... 3 sides to every story.

I hear what you're saying and I understand your perspective - granted this isn't Somalia. I just totally got rubbed the wrong way by these guys. I was never expecting to be treated like that especially by a cop (every other cop I've come across has been extremely professional). If I had videotaped it, it would definitely have made the news and been investigated.. the reality of it is that when there aren't cameras around there are SOME cops that abuse their authority and it just so happened I was on the receiving end of it.

My takeaway from this is to start trying to be less aggressive - it's just not worth it.

Also - I didn't get any tickets or charges etc.
6MT Sport Pkg | BMW Perf. Pedals | BMW Perf. SSK | CF Steering Trim | BMW Performance Black Gloss Grilles | M3 Rep Bumper | Muffler Delete 2.5"| Charcoal Delete + K&N Drop In | CDV Delete | Clutch Stop | Active Autowerke Stage II Tune | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts | 18" Gunmetal CSL Reps | BurgerTuning Spacers | Staggered Ventus V12's | ATE Super Blue & Hawk HPS | Blacklines | GP6K Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #24
techy1
Captain
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

imho i would've still filed the complaint. as the other guy said you live in Canada and you are entitled to fair treatments, reading the beginning part I feel sorry for you and no one should be treated like that with cops, but find it a bit funny that you feel like you have less rights than someone else.

If you don't have video tapes look for other solutions. think back if you saw people on the road maybe hang around there see if you recognize them again and ask them if they saw what happened. it happened close to work right? well check the buildings around that area to see if they have any camera's facing the street that might have seen the incident.

but best thing for you to do is consult a lawyer. It doesn't cost you anything to speak with them if you feel your right have been violated.

or don't it's up to you. They can simply just keep doing it and eventually someone will complain right?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #25
KiX1911
Blah
Canada
Rep
Drives: Awesomeness

Take it from me who knows several Police Officers from different services very closely, the guys you dealt with are usually not liked by the "better Officers" and probably wouldn't care if they had a complaint against these guys.

Iv heard so many stories about Officers eventually "making" other bad Officers leave the platoon because they are disasters and just a liability.

All my buddies tell me the same thing... "it takes 10 good cops to make up for that one bad one"
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 11:18 PM   #26
Chriskm3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Always use your phone and record the convo. You never know where it may end up.
Cause you know .. Your brown..
Vf supercharger + tune/H&R coils/ Akra evolution exhaust/Volk te37/ Rs-3 tires/ Brembos /TIal BOV/ OSS blacked out headlights/LUX v3/Led taillights/ Challenge Front lip/ P3 vent gauge/ F10 m5 shift mob/Matte black front grills/ And a funky air fresher
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #27
e9012345
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Yeah - not a lotta people get that and think I'm a scumbag everytime I mention the fact that I'm brown... but shit - life's way tougher for us and skin color is extremely relevant to most of these situations.

I know some people will say that I'm full of shit or that brown people deserve it or what not but the reality is that there is definitely discrimination.
6MT Sport Pkg | BMW Perf. Pedals | BMW Perf. SSK | CF Steering Trim | BMW Performance Black Gloss Grilles | M3 Rep Bumper | Muffler Delete 2.5"| Charcoal Delete + K&N Drop In | CDV Delete | Clutch Stop | Active Autowerke Stage II Tune | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellow Shocks/Struts | 18" Gunmetal CSL Reps | BurgerTuning Spacers | Staggered Ventus V12's | ATE Super Blue & Hawk HPS | Blacklines | GP6K Angel Eyes
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #28
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345 View Post
Yeah - not a lotta people get that and think I'm a scumbag everytime I mention the fact that I'm brown... but shit - life's way tougher for us and skin color is extremely relevant to most of these situations.

I know some people will say that I'm full of shit or that brown people deserve it or what not but the reality is that there is definitely discrimination.
I'm Punjabi, i.e. brown. Life is tough for EVERYONE, its what you make of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e9012345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post

Please don't go there because you'll just get trashed. The "I'm brown" thing won't get you any sympathy.

I'm white, and these days, I'm the minority. Just look around you, colour has nothing to do with anything anymore.

You're either brought up right and taught to respective everyone;or, you're a douchebag of society and look down on people of different ethnicities.

You my friend, got disrespected by a group of bad cops. A group of douchebags.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #30
jim.e.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra99 View Post
Please don't go there because you'll just get trashed. The "I'm brown" thing won't get you any sympathy.

I'm white, and these days, I'm the minority. Just look around you, colour has nothing to do with anything anymore.

You're either brought up right and taught to respective everyone;or, you're a douchebag of society and look down on people of different ethnicities.

You my friend, got disrespected by a group of bad cops. A group of douchebags.
People just need an excuse.

I got a ticket driving a bimmer. It's cause I'm brown.

I didn't get that job. It's cause I'm brown.

Bouncers didn't let me into the club. It's cause I'm brown.

goes on and on...
Appreciate 0