E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > M puddle lights from Amazon

09-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
Herakles
Captain
Rep
Drives: United States

M puddle lights from Amazon

Got these m puddle lights that go in your door sill for my 2011 msport man I like em! Only $12 !!!!
I thought the rear doors had lights two and ordered to sets so stuck with an extra set ...

After 3 years and 30k miles or
Ownership I have to start nodding her up or
I’m getting bored and going to look for a new car!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-02-2018, 11:03 PM   #2
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Not a big fan of putting M things on a non M car but I bought similar ones for $11 on Amazon that show the bmw logo when I open the door. Cheesy but I love it!
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
Herakles
Captain
Rep
Drives: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soden82 View Post
Not a big fan of putting M things on a non M car but I bought similar ones for $11 on Amazon that show the bmw logo when I open the door. Cheesy but I love it!
i do have M sport with M basically all over my car, lol yeah, its cosmetic but hey.. its official from the assembly line
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
zero2sixtyZ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 + f15

Garage List
Nice M.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
Torgus3779.00
      09-10-2018, 01:17 PM   #5
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
i do have M sport with M basically all over my car, lol yeah, its cosmetic but hey.. its official from the assembly line
All over the car and official from the assembly line.....nah man, you got an emblem on your steering your wheel.....and no respect from the BMW community in the meanwhile. I'd keep these slaps to myself if you're adorning anything ///M on that car.

Also *too as in addition to and two as in numerical value.

I do like your grille.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 11:23 AM   #6
ckanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
All over the car and official from the assembly line.....nah man, you got an emblem on your steering your wheel.....and no respect from the BMW community in the meanwhile. I'd keep these slaps to myself if you're adorning anything ///M on that car.

I do like your grille.
Agreed.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herakles View Post
Yeah but the point I think he's saying which is the same for me is I wouldn't anything M. What came stock M with the sport pack is fine but adding things isn't in my book. But that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #8
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:

I do like your grille.
So by having ///M lights when opening the doors whats the dig deal? When i also have m sport and i have ///M on steering wheel, wheels, and on door entrance cover. And also who gives a crap if you dont get respect from bmw community. Maybe they should not respect and buy bmw at all, since they stamp M badges all over especially the new bmws M340/M235 and so on.
OP do what you like its your car and your money. There will always be haters.
DocRace 6266 single turbo.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:30 PM   #9
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma_335i View Post
So by having ///M lights when opening the doors whats the dig deal? When i also have m sport and i have ///M on steering wheel, wheels, and on door entrance cover. And also who gives a crap if you dont get respect from bmw community. Maybe they should not respect and buy bmw at all, since they stamp M badges all over especially the new bmws M340/M235 and so on.
OP do what you like its your car and your money. There will always be haters.
It's not a big deal. It's his car and he can do with it whatever he likes, no one here is telling him not to. Obviously he wants respect from the BMW community or he wouldn't have posted the pictures on here.

Pretty sure you are missing the point completely on this. Where I come from, people who add things to insinuate that something is more than what it really is are considered posers (pretending to be something they are not)....this is VERY poserish. Straight up, not an M, but M sport; there is a difference. Slapping ///M badges all over a non M car will get you mocked. End of story.

If you're referring to me as a hater, that's pretty funny. I'm not hating because he adorned a car with lights. I could care less if he gets made fun of or laughed at.

Quote:
Maybe they should not respect and buy bmw at all, since they stamp M badges all over especially the new bmws M340/M235 and so on.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this. First the sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Second, note the "M"'s that prenote the model number, this indicates that they are "M series" cars thus the M badges all over them.

Last edited by King Rudi; 09-14-2018 at 12:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #10
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
It's not a big deal. It's his car and he can do with it whatever he likes, no one here is telling him not to. Obviously he wants respect from the BMW community or he wouldn't have posted the pictures on here.

Pretty sure you are missing the point completely on this. Where I come from, people who add things to insinuate that something is more than what it really is are considered posers (pretending to be something they are not)....this is VERY poserish. Straight up, not an M, but M sport; there is a difference. Slapping ///M badges all over a non M car will get you mocked. End of story.

If you're referring to me as a hater, that's pretty funny. I'm not hating because he adorned a car with lights. I could care less if he gets made fun of or laughed at.

I'm not even sure how to respond to this. First the sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Second, note the "M"'s that prenote the model number, this indicates that they are "M series" cars thus the M badges all over them.
Slapping a M badge wont get you mocked. Because bmws already come with M badges slapped all over. So installing another one dosent even make a big deal no more. Its not the 90's where M was M, now days you got so many Packages it dosent even matter no longer if you slap another M badge when the car already comes with so many.
DocRace 6266 single turbo.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #11
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Slapping a M badge wont get you mocked. Because bmws already come with M badges slapped all over. So installing another one dosent even make a big deal no more. Its not the 90's where M was M, now days you got so many Packages it dosent even matter no longer if you slap another M badge when the car already comes with so many.
Whatever you say.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #12
SlimE92
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Quote:

Exactly. The new M sport cars say m before the model on the rear now for example M540i. And also have a small M on each fender at the very bottom. It's not that serious anymore
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #13
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

I know I’m resurrecting an old thread here, but I have E90 M Sport and I have also just fitted these cheap puddle lights. I’m against sticking ///M badges on non M cars myself.

In defence of the op, the E90 M Sport cars have an ///M on the each front door sill, the steering wheel, the gear knob (on a manual anyway) and one on each wheel. Although the newer model M Sports have them plastered on the outside too.

I think you can get away with these as they’re not visible from the outside (with the doors closed anyway) and so you’re not pretending to drive an M car, unlike the other posers with their cheap eBay ///M badges with the paint flaking off stuck wonkily to the boot/trunk lid.

The cars officially badged M before the model number (M140i, M235i etc) are the
M Lite models, not to be confused with the lesser M Sport models.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #14
ckanderson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongmark View Post
I know I’m resurrecting an old thread here, but I have E90 M Sport and I have also just fitted these cheap puddle lights. I’m against sticking ///M badges on non M cars myself.

In defence of the op, the E90 M Sport cars have an ///M on the each front door sill, the steering wheel, the gear knob (on a manual anyway) and one on each wheel. Although the newer model M Sports have them plastered on the outside too.

I think you can get away with these as they’re not visible from the outside (with the doors closed anyway) and so you’re not pretending to drive an M car, unlike the other posers with their cheap eBay ///M badges with the paint flaking off stuck wonkily to the boot/trunk lid.

The cars officially badged M before the model number (M140i, M235i etc) are the
M Lite models, not to be confused with the lesser M Sport models.
They will fade completely, or at least the ones the PO put on my car did.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2019, 10:40 AM   #15
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanderson View Post
They will fade completely, or at least the ones the PO put on my car did.
You're probably right. They're already making a buzzing sound. They're just a gimmick that can go in the bin when I'm bored of them.

After my dad saw them, he's ordered some genuine Audi ones for his Q7. The local franchised dealer wanted £200+ for them. Ended up getting them from another dealer online for £120 ish delivered.
Appreciate 0