E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Selecting and reregistering a new E90 battery in Portland Oregon?

05-26-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
rotarypower101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Selecting and reregistering a new E90 battery in Portland Oregon?

Time for a new cell, is it possible to get some help selecting a cell with a high reserve capacity, and possibly coding the cell locally?

Has anyone done this recently or understand it well enough and could offer some advice or assistance which cells would be good to go with, and if there are alternative options to go with that will work within the parameters of the software?

What would happen if I found a suitable cell that exceeded 90Ah? Can I still use a larger capacity cell than 90Ah in the E9X platform?

Should I stick with a cell capacity that adheres to the parameters in the system?

How long can people typically operate their E90 off reserve 12V electrical power, engine off, under normal conditions with each common Ah rated cells that are intended for a E90?

Replaced a cell with a 82Ah cell, and I have pretty much never been able to operate the vehicle for more than ~5min with a fresh cell...and as the cell ages, it complains even before I get out of the vehicle running background music at a low volume.

Is that typical for E9x owners to have so little time to operate the vehicle off of reserve capacity? I have tested the vehicle, and while it can take a long time to shut off all vampiric draw systems, it eventually does shut down. I assume this platform is not frugal with electrical power consumption compared to the average vehicle?

Commonly see people leave there lights on intentionally and run heavy load devices for extended periods of time easily and never have an issue on several other platforms, but this one seems handicapped from my personal experiences...Can this issue be addressed and solved using a specific cell to allow excess reserve capacity while still fitting into the stock confines?

Last edited by rotarypower101; 05-27-2022 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 12:56 PM   #2
sake
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I can't help you pick a battery at all since I'm new to this platform as well, but I do have some knowledge of INPA if you'd like some help programming the new battery in!
Appreciate 0