E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > FS: Koni FSD Damper Set

04-11-2007, 07:51 PM   #23
ShinBalNom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 330i

Damn... does this mean I need to take my FSD off my car? LOL... I'm sitting on H&R sport springs... I've had this combo for about 6k miles and it seems fine.

Don't drive faster than your Angel can fly...

BBS CK 19" / Eibach Pro-Kit / Koni FSD / Blacklines / M-tech
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 08:07 PM   #24
taichi
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 & F25

Garage List
I guess what he mean is with FSD on your hr sports, it wont perform as comfortable as the FSD on the Eibach which comes with it. I guess it will be more bouncy if you put FSD on your hr sports.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 09:29 PM   #25
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi View Post
I guess what he mean is with FSD on your hr sports, it wont perform as comfortable as the FSD on the Eibach which comes with it. I guess it will be more bouncy if you put FSD on your hr sports.
What got me concerned was that the car sat noticeably lower than it did before I got the FSD. I noticed it as soon as it came off the rack. What seems to happen is that the secondary valve opens when the car is too low hence putting them into their softer mode, and thus the car sat lower as the weight was not being supported by the shock but primarily by the springs.

So the ride was smooth, but I was concerned about the safety, and addtionally I didnt like the slammed look that it gave the car, especially in the front. I found myself driving slower and slower because I kept scraping things, and my fronts started to rub as well.

When I first got them on I really liked them, but as started to not be able to drive my favorite spots in the same agressive fashion, I started to get concerned, and hence why I switched them out immediately.

I hope this helps. But to those of you who have stock springs, please someone buy these!!! They were only on the car for 1 week!! Pretty pretty please?????
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 02:15 AM   #26
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

> "When I first got them on I really liked them, but as started to not be able to drive my favorite spots in the same agressive fashion, I started to get concerned, and hence why I switched them out immediately. "

Once the aftermarket springs take away high-speed cornering agility, it's useless... not the products in consideration, but their sole purpose.

aftermarket springs/shocks/struts are supposed to add to the ultimate driving pleasure, not take away from it.

the FSD was reviewed with stock springs on the e90. the reviews are outstanding. If you want a more aggressive feel without taking the luxury away from your car--keeping stock springs on--this is the way to go.

Fraggy, at the price you're selling them, no need to beg. It's one helluva price. Someone should jump on these!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #27
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Well, no one interested?
2020 M340
Appreciate 0