E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 6AT Trans Upgrade options

02-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #243
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
Steve so has anyone with MSD81 been successful in flashing this software.

My DME was swapped to a MSD81 and I'm in the process of building a 10/07 build Trans that I bought since my production date was 07/06. Do you think the software will work on my car??
Still waiting on people? I dont know at this moment
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 11:13 PM   #244
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wow, this is great. So this will work with any N54 6AT? I need to find a local coder to do this for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #245
SIKH335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIKH335 View Post
Steve so has anyone with MSD81 been successful in flashing this software.

My DME was swapped to a MSD81 and I'm in the process of building a 10/07 build Trans that I bought since my production date was 07/06. Do you think the software will work on my car??
the software will work, but your paddles (if you have them) may possibly not.
I have paddles.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #246
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
First, great speaking with you Steven, but you sound tired! Don't forget to sleep!

Secondly, WOW.

I flashed my 03/07 production date transmission this evening.
Let me start by saying this. I'll bold it for effect:
Words, and even the video posted earlier do not do this flash any justice. AT ALL.
  • D1-6, S1-6, and M1-6 shown in cluster while driving.
  • Rev matching is truly a night and day difference. Downshifts are so fast and crisp.
  • WOT shifts approximately @6800rpm. I haven't logged my own so this was just eyeballing.
  • Previous software safeties for downshifts have been raised. Meaning, before on stock firmware, if you were to attempt to shift from 3-2 while RPM was above a few thousand RPM, the car was extremely conservative and wouldn't allow it. The tolerances have been raised and allow for much more aggressive downshifts and again the rev matching is a world of difference.
  • Shift times on the good old butt dyno are, again, faster. As described, much snappier.
  • DTC and DCS tolerances have also been raised from the previous conservative settings. I would liken this to the Euro MDM that M3's seek. The car allows more slip or spin before the nanny systems intervene, and when they do they feel softer, not as violent as the previous throttle closures slamming shut.
  • I can't speak on this, but the 5th gear issue for Single Turbo cars has also been fixed and proven by other members.

Overall, as tunes are for the DME, this flash also produces an immediately perceivable and felt change to the transmission.
I've said it earlier in this post but again, it is truly night and day.
It drives like a difference car and made me smile like the first time I tuned my N54.

Major props to Steve and Wedge as well as the other few pioneers on this.
Steve, I'll be in touch regarding the paddle shifters once I can test some other cars.
Then on to the next step
Nice! I need this.

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 02:14 AM   #247
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Wow, this is great. So this will work with any N54 6AT? I need to find a local coder to do this for me.
not any, read the thread
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #248
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrita View Post
not any, read the thread
I haven't had time to read through the whole thread.

I read this post and assumed that it will work for any N54 6AT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
I am fried...Any N54 with AT will work at the moment...Havent tried 335is so dont know.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 02:35 AM   #249
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
I haven't had time to read through the whole thread.

I read this post and assumed that it will work for any N54 6AT:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=89
      02-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #250
ajsalida
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 95 M3, 02 R1150GSA, 09 335xi

Quote:
[*]DTC and DCS tolerances have also been raised from the previous conservative settings. I would liken this to the Euro MDM that M3's seek. The car allows more slip or spin before the nanny systems intervene, and when they do they feel softer, not as violent as the previous throttle closures slamming shut.[/LIST]
OK this caught my attention...how does flashing the TCU change a meta system like DTC/DCS?

edit: this brings up something else I was wondering about...the transfer case on an Xi I assume has something resembling a TCU and is basically sort of a very simple AT sooo...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #251
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajsalida View Post
OK this caught my attention...how does flashing the TCU change a meta system like DTC/DCS?

edit: this brings up something else I was wondering about...the transfer case on an Xi I assume has something resembling a TCU and is basically sort of a very simple AT sooo...
Alpina has both rwd and XI so np there
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #252
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Alpina has both rwd and XI so np there
Hey Enrita...When you getting your car back?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #253
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First, great speaking with you Steven, but you sound tired! Don't forget to sleep!

Secondly, WOW.

Words, and even the video posted earlier do not do this flash any justice. AT ALL.
  • Rev matching is truly a night and day difference. Downshifts are so fast and crisp.
  • WOT shifts approximately @6800rpm. I haven't logged my own so this was just eyeballing.
  • Previous software safeties for downshifts have been raised. Meaning, before on stock firmware, if you were to attempt to shift from 3-2 while RPM was above a few thousand RPM, the car was extremely conservative and wouldn't allow it. The tolerances have been raised and allow for much more aggressive downshifts and again the rev matching is a world of difference.
  • Shift times on the good old butt dyno are, again, faster. As described, much snappier.
  • DTC and DCS tolerances have also been raised from the previous conservative settings. I would liken this to the Euro MDM that M3's seek. The car allows more slip or spin before the nanny systems intervene, and when they do they feel softer, not as violent as the previous throttle closures slamming shut.
  • I can't speak on this, but the 5th gear issue for Single Turbo cars has also been fixed and proven by other members.

Overall, as tunes are for the DME, this flash also produces an immediately perceivable and felt change to the transmission.
It drives like a difference car and made me smile like the first time I tuned my N54.

Steve, I'll be in touch regarding the paddle shifters once I can test some other cars.
Then on to the next step
Nice Grant...I told you it would surprise you!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #254
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Hey Enrita...When you getting your car back?
Hopefully today so can test all weekend :-)
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 07:22 AM   #255
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully today so can test all weekend :-)
Nice..cant wait till you get it back!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #256
stilov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

Got it....Im in love all over again.
TCU flash....check
JB4 software update.....check
backend BMS flash.....ordered
little bigger shot of n20.....thinking about

racing my boss's 997.2 turbo S....TBA
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #257
iDriveSlo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe M-Sport Lemans blue

Garage List
Must get this done in IL ASAP! haha anyone with a cable PM me, I am willing to try and work on this together to get it done for both of us.
      02-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #258
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilov View Post
Got it....Im in love all over again.
TCU flash....check
JB4 software update.....check
backend BMS flash.....ordered
little bigger shot of n20.....thinking about

racing my boss's 997.2 turbo S....TBA
Those things are absolute monsters from a roll, best of luck! This AT flash seems pretty mint, everyone who’s done it is thrilled.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #259
stilov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Those things are absolute monsters from a roll, best of luck! This AT flash seems pretty mint, everyone who’s done it is thrilled.
I am not hoping I will win, plus he has the evo MS 600 kit. However, I'd like to give a good show

He's actually picking the car up today so maybe with some driver error I have a little better chance.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #260
n54gte
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prius

Won't be catching him if you don't have rb or single
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #261
timtech
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDriveSlo View Post
Must get this done in IL ASAP! haha anyone with a cable PM me, I am willing to try and work on this together to get it done for both of us.
I think we should open a thread in the Great Lakes regional thread for a coder day.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #262
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilov View Post
I am not hoping I will win, plus he has the evo MS 600 kit. However, I'd like to give a good show

He's actually picking the car up today so maybe with some driver error I have a little better chance.
the setup you listed above sounds pretty beastly, i'm sure you'll do just fine. It's always a bit of a bummer when we run into cars that are just straight up faster, probably because it's quite rare With the evo kit im sure that 997 is a world beater.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:54 AM   #263
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:

Secondly, WOW.

Then on to the next step
Isn't this sick? What I can't believe is this file has been out there sense 2008 and NO ONE has found this until now! Steven (Cn555ic) is relentless. I don't think he got any sleep after I sent him a text to tell him to look at the Alpina number that was posted. We both were like O'$hit... Game on... We talked about this months ago, but never did anything about it. So props to the guys in Europe who posted that information as it opened up a whole new world for the AT cars.

BTW... There is one other flash within GKE215 from 2011. Not sure if this flash is for the newer model AT cars, but we really haven't had a newer model car to play with. If someone has a late model 08 or 09 AT with paddles, it might be a good idea to try this. I gave Cn555ic the information about this so we just need to test it. Worst case is we have to flash again. Most cars have 60+ flashes left so it's not like you can re-Flash.

Enjoy!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #264
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Isn't this sick? What I can't believe is this file has been out there sense 2008 and NO ONE has found this until now! Steven (Cn555ic) is relentless. I don't think he got any sleep after I sent him a text to tell him to look at the Alpina number that was posted. We both were like O'$hit... Game on... We talked about this months ago, but never did anything about it. So props to the guys in Europe who posted that information as it opened up a whole new world for the AT cars.

BTW... There is one other flash within GKE215 from 2011. Not sure if this flash is for the newer model AT cars, but we really haven't had a newer model car to play with. If someone has a late model 08 or 09 AT with paddles, it might be a good idea to try this. I gave Cn555ic the information about this so we just need to test it. Worst case is we have to flash again. Most cars have 60+ flashes left so it's not like you can re-Flash.

Enjoy!!!!
Oh snap, guinea pig reporting for duty haha