Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Confused & would like help.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
onehappydad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i - Electric Red/Black

Confused & would like help.

Okay, I recently bought my first BMW - an '06 330i. It has style 159 rims and I believe they are the rims that came with the car. Also don't think I have the sport package - so stock suspension. I am looking to purchase a set of 18" style 162s for my car. Pretty confident from what I have read here that they will fit with no issue.

The other question I have is the whole issue with run flats, TPMs, etc. How can I tell if my car has TPMS (or any other type of pressure monitoring system)? If it does do I need to have them on my new setup? Is that done when I buy the wheels or the tires - does it matter? Finally, do I need to have run flats or can I go no run flat tires.

Sorry for the "story", but I am confused on how this all works. Thanks for the help!
      11-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
the first paragraph has no issue, right? they'll fit, and your confident.

yes, you probably have them, i thought they come standard anyway. and yes you need to take them out of ur current tires and put them on the new ones. they are just sensors attached to the tire air valve.

that's done when you buy the tires and want to mount tires on the wheels.
Appreciate 0