Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Never f**king privately shipping wheels again

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #45
de.abeja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan

If you paid with a credit card you could dispute a reasonable amount of the charge if the clowns at the shipping store won't give you a partial refund.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 07:55 PM   #46
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
we took them to mail boxes ect. since fedex didnt have boxes big enough, and they packaged everything one wheel/tire per box, with bubble wrap and packing materials. I got very upset when my mom told me how much it was, even though she agreed to cover the charges, she shouldnt have to and that still pisses me off. Lets do the math (rounded up and down to make things easier) each wheel is about 25lbs, plus a 25lbs tire, with about 30lbs of air in it (the tires are mounted and pressurized to each wheel), meaning each wheel/tire was about 80lbs and about 22x22. Thats a total of 320lbs!!! Does it make sense now?
Ignoring the 30lbs of air part, I ordered 4 wheels and tires from Tirerack and paid $100 for shipping. Third day too, I believe.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:06 PM   #47
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
Ignoring the 30lbs of air part, I ordered 4 wheels and tires from Tirerack and paid $100 for shipping. Third day too, I believe.
ordering FROM major companies is DIFFERENT then shipping and recieving privately. Companies have accounts with good discounts and other advantages

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:15 PM   #48
Maxtor
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi sedan

I hope you didn't make your mom pay... that would be worse than getting hosed by the shipping company!

Quote:
... I got very upset when my mom told me how much it was, even though she agreed to cover the charges, she shouldnt have to and that still pisses me off. ...
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:30 PM   #49
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtor View Post
I hope you didn't make your mom pay... that would be worse than getting hosed by the shipping company!
no i dont want her to and wont, but it pisses me off either way. Im not letting this go down without a fight, i just tried calling my moms cell to see what the mail box place said today (since its difficult for me to talk and its hard for people to make out what im saying from my surgery) but no luck. So i gotta see what she says those bastards said once she gets home. Im SURE they've shipped them out by now, so i dont what there is they can do. But they HAD TO HAVE made some sort of mistake, becuase even if he did rip us off, once we ask for an exact break down of what everything costs that ended up adding up to that amount, theres no way he can hide shit. I mean if they have standard fees and crap that all add up and make sense, then fine. But if we do the math and see that theres like 200 bucks un accounted for.......then he's in deep shit.

I mean, some guy from UPS was like its possible to add up to 450 if you figure in all the boxes for each wheel, all the bubble wrap and packing popcorn for each box, each box's weight of around 70lbs, plus the "sur charges" (?), rural areas of delivery and other things. I still think this is out rageous and wont settle this until I get an exact break down of all the costs and if they add up, then I'll just end up saying "you guys are crazy, no wonder your all out of existence and out of sight, who the hell do you guys think you are charging people close to 500 bucks to ship some crap that costs ALL the other companies around 200 bucks at the most to ship. Pfffff, rediculous."

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 08:48 PM   #50
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
ordering FROM major companies is DIFFERENT then shipping and recieving privately. Companies have accounts with good discounts and other advantages
I had tires shipped to me from a private seller on E90post. $18 a tire halfway across the country. Assume the wheel weighs as much as the 26lb tire (doubtful unless its stock wheels!) and you're paying $36 a corner.

Dude, you got hosed, admit it. Live and learn.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:02 PM   #51
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastman View Post
I had tires shipped to me from a private seller on E90post. $18 a tire halfway across the country. Assume the wheel weighs as much as the 26lb tire (doubtful unless its stock wheels!) and you're paying $36 a corner.

Dude, you got hosed, admit it. Live and learn.
Where the hell did i say that I wasnt admitting that something was wrong, and when the hell did i say i needed to live and learn. Did you not read my entire post RIGHT ABOVE yours? Im not going to learn and let this live, if im being shafted, then im getting to fucking bottom of it, period. ONLY when im shown the actual rates and costs will i admit defeat and go home, otherwise, why the hell would i just say, "oh ok, whatever, guess my mom didnt know and wasnt in a position to run around town to find the best deals since lugging these wheels around for her is difficult and since i couldnt be there to help since im temporarily handicapped a bit, i'll just turn the other cheek and let that 450 slide on by without even atleast looking at a break down of the costs." Why would I do that?

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:05 PM   #52
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

uhh....obviously if I've (my mom actually) has been fucked over.....why would i just "live and learn" and let it slide. Instead of telling me that "yea man you got f'ed," it would more helpful to suggest where the costs might have came from, or its impossible to add this up to 450 no matter what, or how it might be possible to dispute this, and so on. Dont just try and get your post counts up people.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:06 PM   #53
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by de.abeja View Post
If you paid with a credit card you could dispute a reasonable amount of the charge if the clowns at the shipping store won't give you a partial refund.
For sure man, thanks for the advice

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:09 PM   #54
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
i'm sure the OP realized his mistake by now... no need to rub salt on his wounds..
Yes, thank you. And I realized that there was a mistake from the second I asked my mom how much the shipping ended up costing over the phone. You think if I were there I would have let this happen, yea right.

My mom went to fedex first and they said they didnt have boxes that were big enough.......ok wtf? So they suggested Mail Boxes Ect......thats where all the shipping, packaging, boxing, wieghing, and charging took place. My mom said that at that point she just wanted to get them shipped since she didnt want to have to drive the wheels all over the place and to fedex or UPS again. I was hoping she could make it back there before they ship the stuff out so she could have told them not to ship anything and to just charge for the boxes and that we'd ship them through another company, not a bunch of fucking ass clowns like Mail Boxes Ect.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #55
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

quite frankly, I'd wish this thread would die so I wouldnt have to keep seeing it when I refresh the main page, therefore getting reminded and pissed about it all over again.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:40 PM   #56
leftcoastman
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
uhh....obviously if I've (my mom actually) has been fucked over.....why would i just "live and learn" and let it slide. Instead of telling me that "yea man you got f'ed," it would more helpful to suggest where the costs might have came from, or its impossible to add this up to 450 no matter what, or how it might be possible to dispute this, and so on. Dont just try and get your post counts up people.
OK dude, I was trying to point out that Tirerack shipping is cheap and you exploded and shot back that it was because they are a big company.

Then I pointed out that I paid the same when doing a private party transaction.

Then you exploded again.

You live, you make a mistake, you learn (rather than trying to justify your shafted-ness). If I was trying to defend an obviously bad decision I had made, I'd hope someone would point it out to me.

But hey, I'll let cha live how ya like. Have a good day.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #57
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
quite frankly, I'd wish this thread would die so I wouldnt have to keep seeing it when I refresh the main page, therefore getting reminded and pissed about it all over again.
Ha ha ....It's good to see you can still have a sense of humor about it. I agree with what was said earlier, no need to keep harping on how it happened, just on how it can be fixed.

I'm thinking you prob don't need this kind of stress when your trying to recover. I sincerely hope you can get it fixed. For what it's worth, I liked the earlier suggestion to contact your cc company to see what (if anythng) can be resolved.
      11-26-2007, 11:24 PM   #58
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

personally I don't give a crap how much the op pays because at the end of the day its not my money and I'm not sure why everyone its getting up in his ass about it he knows he made a mistake not sure what more is there to talk about.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #59
smog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

they were obviously taking advantage of an middle-aged woman trying to ship some sports wheels.. i say give 'em hell!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2007, 06:35 PM   #60
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

part of the problem was getting it done from mail boxes etc (and similar stores such as ups store, etc). they charge much more for the service plus you had to buy supplies. since you're bedridden and your mom took them in, i'm assuming mail boxes etc did all the work for you (i could be wrong, i just scanned most of the posts on this thread).

for wheel/tire combos, it's always better to use cardboard on the face and back of the wheel and just wrap the rest and cardboard in tape. this is how tirerack and discount tires sends on there stuff. then instead of mail boxes etc and similar stores, take it directly to ups or fedex (fedex kinkos) to get them shipped.
      11-29-2007, 11:15 AM   #61
Captain Beefheart
Private
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 328i

Quote:
Couldnt be there to over see the shipping of my iForged wheels to a member in Nor Cal since I had an operation and Im bedridden. But, I got a call from my mom who said that they packaged everything properly and blah blah........yea well, to ship some f**king wheels/tires just up north a few hours ended up costing $450. That f**king rediculous and I ADVISE YOU NOT TO SHIP WHEELS/TIRES when selling them, do LOCAL PICKUPS ONLY. Especially since people sit here on e90post and try to low ball you all day long anyway with the ALREADY low prices you set. Rant over. Advisory thread, over.

Sorry pal, I run a shipping company and I can tell you first hand you got raped.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #62
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by shragon View Post
part of the problem was getting it done from mail boxes etc (and similar stores such as ups store, etc). they charge much more for the service plus you had to buy supplies. since you're bedridden and your mom took them in, i'm assuming mail boxes etc did all the work for you (i could be wrong, i just scanned most of the posts on this thread).

for wheel/tire combos, it's always better to use cardboard on the face and back of the wheel and just wrap the rest and cardboard in tape. this is how tirerack and discount tires sends on there stuff. then instead of mail boxes etc and similar stores, take it directly to ups or fedex (fedex kinkos) to get them shipped.
Exactly, blame Mailboxes, Etc. not "all shipping companies" You basically paid 250-300 dollars for mailboxes to pack boxes for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 04:46 PM   #63
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
if they're mounted and pressurized, they do (which they are)
Silliest thing I've heard you say bro. You're confusing PSI with Mass...

Seriously you think a balloon holding 30 PSI weighs 30 lbs...

Hope you get to feeling better cause you're loosing it...
      11-29-2007, 05:49 PM   #64
Ryan(e92)
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG M6 coupe

Also keep in mind he lives in Laguna Beach. Everything is more expensive near the Beach. It costs more to rent a space to do business and it is a more affluent area. Couple that with the fact that mailboxes etc is being run out of business by ups stores and fed ex kinkos and that is how you get to that number. It isnt as simple as "They f#%ked him over." At this point I dont think it is out of line to ask for whoever you sent the wheels to split the cost with you. Your call.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 11:45 PM   #65
getInline
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 Coupe, c32 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by judec View Post

Thank U, it was a good laugh

So U think the air U're breathing has no weight? Find a dive center somewhere and go ask them, or better - go and lift an empty 12l or 15l diving cylinder, then go and lift a full one. And then tell me the air weights nothing. Next time pay more attention in school.

Boost Nation, you made an honest mistake but Judec....

OMG This is too funny. A football is inflated to a "pressure" of 12.5psi, I guess that means it contains 12.5 lbs of air! hahaha! Rule number one, if you're going to make fun of someone and insult their intelligence, don't say something stupid. Dive tanks are 2700 - 4000 psi, that packs just a few more molecules of oxygen in there than 30psi does.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 11:47 PM   #66
NaTuReB0Y