Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > wheel + tire combo for 335xi

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
borisivan
craptastic
Rep
Drives: 2010 335xi

wheel + tire combo for 335xi

Hi,

I'm looking for a wheel+tire package for my 335xi.

I was really set on the Blizzak LM-22 225/45-17, but the wheels tirerack has (the A7 Sport Edition), are all sold out of the 30mm offset. They mention that the 20mm offset version of the same wheel *might* rub a bit, but probably not. It was mentioned that if the car is lowered at all, that it would probably rub.

I have a 335xi, not a 335i, so my car sits a bit higher by default *anyway* --- does anyone know if I will have a problem with this?

I could go with a 205/50-17, but it's not nearly as well rated as the Blizzak. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2007, 10:39 PM   #2
NoSole
Bearquin by nature
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

I have a 335xi myself and to be honest, I'm holding off on the hot wheels til the snow burns off. This way I can save some dough on snow tires now, but still get the 19s I want later.

As for the tires, you will NOT be disappointed with the Blizzaks. We have those on the family Suburban and they're amazing! I also have a beater Jetta that I just put the Dunlop Winter Sport M3s on, but have yet to use it in the snow. TireRack put them at #2 within the category, but I can't speak to it's snow performance yet.

I would say go with the setup suggested. If it's really that much of a problem, you can roll the fenders, but I doubt you'll run into problems.
Appreciate 0