E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Need any parts from an 2011 E90?

01-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #23
chuckn0rr1s
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexit4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckn0rr1s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
Out of curiosity, how much is the insurance buy back? Insurance buy back are still a good deal compared to the silly prices people are paying at the auctions. My guess is buyback should be under $2k,
I wish they said the buy back was 2k. Its currently at $5,200. I may buy it back if I can make that much parting it out. I have no experience in how much money I could make parting it out. It may be worth it.
Have you tried haggling with the insurance company to bring that buy back amount down? People always suggest haggling with insurance to get the largest payout possible in case of a total loss. I assume the same could be applied to get the buy back price lowered. Never tried it myself but its worth a shot.
Yep I tried to haggle the buy back today. No luck. I did however stick to my guns on the value of the vehicle. At first they would only give me $12,700. I fought and fought and got it up to $15,500
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 10:09 PM   #24
chuckn0rr1s
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjones View Post
Quote:
Those are the side fender blinkers correct?
Yea that’s right. Mine are hazed up and one keeps falling out since a tab broke when cleaning out the washer fluid reservoir
$40 plus shipping. I'll even throw in the bulbs
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 10:52 PM   #25
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

DSC Hydro Unit? Not sure if there were multiple versions that year (I think they're one in the same)
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:17 AM   #26
chuckn0rr1s
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
DSC Hydro Unit? Not sure if there were multiple versions that year (I think they're one in the same)
Uh ABS control module?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:34 AM   #27
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGEE View Post
Parting out is a world of pain. For every part you sell, it's 20 questions and lots of work. In the end you made a couple bucks, if you're lucky.

Walk away, don't look back.
I agree. Buying it back to part it out isn't that much of an idea. Buy pack to fully repair it if you know how and want to yeah.

Ofcourse it depends on buyback price to. My friend crashed his mazda speed 3 and buy back was only 800$ and only the front right fender + windshield (and frame I suppose) was damaged. He made like 2000$ in part easily.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:36 AM   #28
Bufalo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
. I fought and fought and got it up to $15,500
Take the money and run.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:47 AM   #29
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufalo View Post
Take the money and run.
I think I have to agree with this statement. That seems to be around the market price for an M-Sport 335D these days. Even if you were to buy it back and fix it, it would be a rebuilt title and have accident history which would adversely affect its value on the used car market.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 10:13 PM   #30
chuckn0rr1s
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufalo View Post
Take the money and run.
I think I have to agree with this statement. That seems to be around the market price for an M-Sport 335D these days. Even if you were to buy it back and fix it, it would be a rebuilt title and have accident history which would adversely affect its value on the used car market.
I definitely dont plan on fixing it. I just thought l could possibly make more parting it out versus just giving it to insurance
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 06:48 AM   #31
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
I definitely dont plan on fixing it. I just thought l could possibly make more parting it out versus just giving it to insurance
What happened to it that the insurance decided to total it?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #32
chuckn0rr1s
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What happened to it that the insurance decided to total it?
I smashed the driver rear side. Shifted the body to the right. Initial repair estimate was almost $10k.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 09:39 AM   #33
ziddak
ziddak
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smassey321 View Post
Out of curiosity, how much is the insurance buy back? Insurance buy back are still a good deal compared to the silly prices people are paying at the auctions. My guess is buyback should be under $2k,
I'm a retired auto adjuster/worked for a major company. The Salvage Value aka "buyback" is set by the auction house that the insurance company uses to handle their salvage cars. It's based on averages for that make/model of car and factors in what part of the car is damaged. I handled hundreds of them. The car owner has the right to ask the price and retain the car.
Factors to consider: Is there a loan on the car? If so, that has to be settled with the bank before one can retain the salvage car. Clean title makes it easier. Depending on what state one lives in, there are regulations about repairing and re-registering a salvage car. I'm in NY. Once a car is deemed a total loss, before it can be re-registered and re-titled, it has to go through a NY State Police Inspection and there is a fee for this. When repaired car goes for inspection, the Police check the entire car over and want to see receipts for all the parts that were replaced along with the salvage documentation. Once that inspection is completed, paper work is issued so one can get a new title, but it will be a "salvage title"
and that moniker will stay on the title. The purpose of course is to notify any future owners that the car was a rebuilt salvage car. Also some states will not allow putting used air bags into a rebuilt car. Usually, the cost associated with air bag replacement can be enough to push the amount of repairs over the total loss limit. In NYS if the repairs will reach 75% of the value of the vehicle it must be deemed a total loss. Hope this helps!
Appreciate 2
apexit41230.50
tgyberg87.50
      01-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #34
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziddak View Post
I'm a retired auto adjuster/worked for a major company. The Salvage Value aka "buyback" is set by the auction house that the insurance company uses to handle their salvage cars. It's based on averages for that make/model of car and factors in what part of the car is damaged. I handled hundreds of them. The car owner has the right to ask the price and retain the car.
Factors to consider: Is there a loan on the car? If so, that has to be settled with the bank before one can retain the salvage car. Clean title makes it easier. Depending on what state one lives in, there are regulations about repairing and re-registering a salvage car. I'm in NY. Once a car is deemed a total loss, before it can be re-registered and re-titled, it has to go through a NY State Police Inspection and there is a fee for this. When repaired car goes for inspection, the Police check the entire car over and want to see receipts for all the parts that were replaced along with the salvage documentation. Once that inspection is completed, paper work is issued so one can get a new title, but it will be a "salvage title"
and that moniker will stay on the title. The purpose of course is to notify any future owners that the car was a rebuilt salvage car. Also some states will not allow putting used air bags into a rebuilt car. Usually, the cost associated with air bag replacement can be enough to push the amount of repairs over the total loss limit. In NYS if the repairs will reach 75% of the value of the vehicle it must be deemed a total loss. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the detail response, especially the info on how insurance comes up with the buyback value. From what the OP said happened to the car, I doubt he was considering fixing it up though.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #35
ziddak
ziddak
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i xdrive

Quote:
Thanks for the detail response, especially the info on how insurance comes up with the buyback value. From what the OP said happened to the car, I doubt he was considering fixing it up though.
Another thing that's important to those who do mods or accessorize their cars, not all of those things will increase the value, even though one might spend thousands for "add ons"
For example, if one replaces the factory stereo with a custom sound system and they spend a couple of thousands doing so, it does not translate into "increased value" for the same amount of the new sound system. The reason is that not everyone has the same value or desires.
In that scenario, an insured can ask to remove the upgraded stereo system but must replace it with what came with it, or a deduction will be made for having no stereo.
I had a claim several years ago and some young kid put several thousand dollars into a honda civic with add ons. Exhaust, stereo, body kit, wheels etc.
His car was totaled and his accessories only added $500. The kids mother was furious and though they were getting ripped off. But I had to explain to her that her son's add ons were a personal preference and even though he spent thousands, it didn't automatically increase the value, since not everyone looking to buy a honda civic wanted a sound system, body kit or special wheels.
She kind of understood and I suggested he take off those parts and put back the stock stereo and wheels and perhaps he could reuse them or sell them.
So goes insurance claims and accessories. Although some insurance companies will allow you to buy additional coverage for said items, but one has to discuss with their insurance agent.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 01:10 PM   #36
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Not trying to jack this Thread, but I went through the buy back/repair decision last year. What I learned from my experience is before you make a decision, check the laws of your State as to a) the ratio (%) of repair cost to car value that legally deems the car a total loss; this varies greatly State by State, b) find out what the salvage title laws/requirements are for your State. I did not do this when I made my decision. I found out later that my State does not require issuance of a salvage title nor require a safety inspection for repaired vehicles that are over 5 model years old or less than $10,000 in market value.

Lastly, I worked everything through a body shop that was certified by my insurance company, which eliminated any bullshit between the body shop and insurance adjuster (because they were one in the same people).
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 08:25 PM   #37
chuckn0rr1s
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Need a driver's side (well driver's side of the passenger side) cupholder and the surrounding black trim you pull back to access the cupholders.

I pulled the surrounding black trim around the cup holders. You still want it?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 11:13 PM   #38
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Quote:
Need a driver's side (well driver's side of the passenger side) cupholder and the surrounding black trim you pull back to access the cupholders.

I pulled the surrounding black trim around the cup holders. You still want it?
How much you want for it?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 11:38 PM   #39
chuckn0rr1s
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
How much you want for it?
$20 plus shipping
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 10:38 AM   #40
S4NoMore
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 340i, 15 X3d, 91 318i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3 28d  [0.00]
1991 BMW 318i  [8.66]
Do you still have the car? I could use the passenger side mirror glass if it's heated and auto-dimming, mine has gone a little brown.. the glass just pops right out, you can get a decent grip if you tilt it to one side completely with the electronic adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2019, 10:48 AM   #41
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
Do you still have the car? I could use the passenger side mirror glass if it's heated and auto-dimming, mine has gone a little brown.. the glass just pops right out, you can get a decent grip if you tilt it to one side completely with the electronic adjustment.
I believe he mentioned that the car is now gone in another thread. Im sure he'll chime in to confirm.
Appreciate 0