Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Need help determining offset

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-10-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
WhosGotTheLoud
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Need help determining offset

Have had my 07 pre-LCI 335i for a few months now and need new tires so Im just gonna pull the trigger on getting new wheels as well.
I've been looking at the Aodhán DS02 and am pretty set on getting
F: 18x9.5
R: 18x10.5
and offset options anywhere between 15mm, 22mm and 30mm for front,
and 15mm and 22mm for rear.
I want as much lip/concave on the rear as possible, and same for front.
15mm offset would create the most lip/concave right?
But I'm worried about fitment, I am on stock suspension but don't mind having to get fenders roll.
Is there anything i can do/check to ensure I'll have the correct fitment?

I also plan on wrapping them in some Federal 595 and don't mind if i need to stretch a little.
thanks in advance!
Also, here's a link to an instagram post with wheels pictured
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 06:56 PM   #2
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

For the front et30 offset will work without any modifications, I have 9.5 et32 and have no issues.
The rears you will need to roll the rear fenders with 10.5 et22, you may not rub initially at stock height but if you lower later on or have passengers in the back you will for sure.

FYI "concave" has nothing to do with offset. If you want concaved wheels look at Forgestar F14 deep or super deep or similar VMR V703
      06-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #3
BM3Rrrr
Davy Jones, Giant Squid
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a Pirate Ship

Just had a look at the wheels, your speaking about "dish".... If you want deep dish then go with Profile 2 if you can
      06-19-2018, 07:31 PM   #4
WhosGotTheLoud
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

So I emailed Aodhán and they got back to me about the 18" size. They said those will not have enough radial clearance? What do they mean by this? Will it not clear the brakes or something else? I've seen this style on an E90 before, maybe they were a 19" rim? In any case scenario, am I just able to take it to a retailer and have them test for for me?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2018, 10:11 PM   #5
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhosGotTheLoud View Post
So I emailed Aodhán and they got back to me about the 18" size. They said those will not have enough radial clearance? What do they mean by this? Will it not clear the brakes or something else? I've seen this style on an E90 before, maybe they were a 19" rim? In any case scenario, am I just able to take it to a retailer and have them test for for me?
The lowest in the fronts is around a 30 offset and a 22 offset in the rear should work with a fender roll depending on what size tires your putting on
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 1