E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC black screen but audio etc. still functioning

10-11-2018, 02:33 AM   #1
ben m
Rep
Drives: None

CCC black screen but audio etc. still functioning

Morning All,

I am trying to see if I resolve a problem with my CCC.

I get full sound from it - radio, aux etc all works and I can fire up nav from the wheel but the screen itself is completely dead.

I checked all cables, the fuse in the back of the CCC and thats all good. The fan isn't running constantly. Tried the hard reset, leaving the battery off for 30 mins etc. all with no luck. I even tried checking all fuses in the glovebox but all is well there.

Its not the screen itself thats had, I have an Android screen in there but when you try and swap to the CCC it just says no signal. I have also tried pulling the whole thing out back to stock and the stock screen is completely blank, so its defiantly the iDrive feed to the screen in some way.

There is loads of information online about CCC going bad and repairs, replacement etc. but very minimal regarding just the screen going bad and everything else working. I assumed that the main CCC has gone bad and needs a replacement, but I spoke to a guy who does it and he mentioned that the CCC probably doesn't need repairing but the 12v feed from the junction box is likely at fault and needs replacing. I can't find anything relating to this online.

Is anyone able to point me in some direction on this or offer advice as to where to look?

I would really like the iDrive back so I can reset my TPMS
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 10:13 AM   #2
Popps258
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 330D

same here

Hi I am new here and have the same problem, Everything works voice control dvd and cd plays music discs radio works, All steering wheel function as they should, Bluetooth works but wont connect.
other problem have happened at same time, cruise control now not working also small warning screen on instrument cluster not working.
Just a blank ccc screen??
Can anyone help??
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 12:32 AM   #3
nicky dj
Chelsea Football Club
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Probably a dead screen or bad cable that connects to the unit. I have a CCC display if any of you want to buy it. Just upgraded to a CIC unit
Appreciate 0