E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Swapped CCC to CIC, not sure how to get navigation working

07-11-2019, 07:49 PM   #1
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

Swapped CCC to CIC, not sure how to get navigation working

I have been reading and trying to figure this out. I have a 2008 E93 and swapped in a 2009 CIC unit. I have it coded so the sound works with my logic 7 amp and everything except I am not sure how to get navigation "activated" or coded, etc. I have read that some cars need an FSC code, but others don't, and that the software on the CIC may need to be updated, etc. The problem for me is:

1) I have done some coding but have no idea how to update my CIC. I think I have version 08??? If I update CIC will I have to update the logic 7 amp too?

2) I am not sure what decides If I need an FSC code, or if I just need to update the CIC with my VIN#, or is there something else, etc., etc........

3) I am about to update my TCU/MULF2 to a combox. I just need the plug that is on its way but I am not sure if that will effect navigation or not.

I have most of this thing figured out but have been reading conflicting things about how to get navigation. I have figured out how to get DVD's to play in my car (not sure abut DVD in motion yet), so I am learning, just stuck on this navigation thing. I would really appreciate some info to get me to the next step.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Th FSC code authorizes the car CIC to run the firmware/software that the VO coding tells it the hardware is present for.

Since you transplanted a CIC from another car, those FSC codes present on the hard drive on that CIC are now invalid. Updating the CIC vin is required d but will not solve the issue.

You either need new FSC codes or you need a script activator.

Updating the firmware is normally done by the dealer when an integration level update is performed.
I-level updates refresh all car modules with firmware so that everything interoperates properly.

Some people have updated specific modules like the CIC via an iCom cable.
Appreciate 1
JonEQuest245.00
      07-16-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
JonEQuest
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Convertible 2007 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by opjose View Post
Th FSC code authorizes the car CIC to run the firmware/software that the VO coding tells it the hardware is present for.

Since you transplanted a CIC from another car, those FSC codes present on the hard drive on that CIC are now invalid. Updating the CIC vin is required d but will not solve the issue.

You either need new FSC codes or you need a script activator.

Updating the firmware is normally done by the dealer when an integration level update is performed.
I-level updates refresh all car modules with firmware so that everything interoperates properly.

Some people have updated specific modules like the CIC via an icom cable.
OK, so since I don't have an ICOM cable what would be the best way to get navigation (and any other available features) going?

P. S. I am going to swap in a combox this weekend as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2019, 10:19 PM   #4
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

if you do not want to bother with fsc and activation you can buy emulator, like in sell thread below, put it and navi start to work
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1483482