E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 2fa3 code after updating egs transmission module



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
crazythedon
Private First Class
15
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW tree2treei
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

2fa3 code after updating egs transmission module

I was able to successfully update my transmission egs module following this thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho.../621988?page=1

Daten files and winkfp installed via bimmergeeks.

After successfully updating i took the car for a quick spin and noticed an immediate improvement. No codes or anything.

Then i decided to reset all adaptions in inpa and i got a 2fa3 coding missing. Had a cel but it went away after a bit of driving.

I no longer have a cel but the code keeps coming back in inpa after clearing (again no cel illuminating). Car runs and drives great.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 11:51 PM   #2
Sensible_
Lieutenant Colonel
332
Rep
1,907
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: London

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazythedon View Post
I was able to successfully update my transmission egs module following this thread:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho.../621988?page=1

Daten files and winkfp installed via bimmergeeks.

After successfully updating i took the car for a quick spin and noticed an immediate improvement. No codes or anything.

Then i decided to reset all adaptions in inpa and i got a 2fa3 coding missing. Had a cel but it went away after a bit of driving.

I no longer have a cel but the code keeps coming back in inpa after clearing (again no cel illuminating). Car runs and drives great.

Any thoughts?
Seems like it can happen:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193909

Try key cycling. If not working run the test plan with ISTA and replicate with winkfp / NCS if required.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 12:12 AM   #3
crazythedon
Private First Class
15
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW tree2treei
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Seems like it can happen:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1193909

Try key cycling. If not working run the test plan with ISTA and replicate with winkfp / NCS if required.
So clear fault, reset adaptation? Unplug key the plug back in with ignition on and check for fault? Should I do this in MSV80 or MSV70?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 05:19 PM   #4
Levanime
Levanime's Avatar
United_States
132
Rep
699
Posts

Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [0.00]
Default code it
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
crazythedon
Private First Class
15
Rep
102
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW tree2treei
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

got it sorted, thanks for help guys
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #6
rkreimer10
New Member
2
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: e46
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: frozen tundra

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazythedon View Post
got it sorted, thanks for help guys
Glad you got it sorted, but would you care to share what exactly the fix was.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
Impac
Private
5
Rep
74
Posts

Drives: Bmw
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkreimer10 View Post
Glad you got it sorted, but would you care to share what exactly the fix was.
Egs needs to be default coded after update, and if you have paddle shifters dsc needs default coding also
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST