E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BMW 320i 2AF8 and 2AF0 error codes

03-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #1
Kaz_
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i

BMW 320i 2AF8 and 2AF0 error codes

Hi,

I have had my BMW 320i 2010 (67k) for few months and it has recently brought up the EML light. I have had someone take it off and its come back again after driving a few miles. The error codes are: 2AF8 - Nitrogen Oxide Sensor deceleration check - intermittent
2AF0 - Nitrogen Oxide Sensor, heat - intermittent.

These are the codes that are showing on the computer but in terms of performance it seems fine maybe eating more fuel but as i haven't had it for long i can't be sure. I haven't experienced any other issues.

Can someone advise on the next step it seems to indicate issue with Nox sensor. Do you think i should buy the NOX sensor and get an independent garage to fit or would i be better of going to the dealers to run the diagnostics and confirming the error they are getting and then going to an independent garage to carry out the work. Are these error messages only related to the NOX sensor or could it be anything else. I am currently still driving my car 75miles a week is this going to be make it worse?

Any advise assistance would be appreciated as it looks like the sensor alone is worth over £300. This being my first BMW am not sure how i should move forward so if anyones had something similar that would help. I will continue to look through more posts online on this subject also.

Thanks
Appreciate 0