E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > New Car - Some questions about it...

08-21-2015, 05:01 AM   #1
cb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

New Car - Some questions about it...

I am going to upgrade from my 3 series coupe to a 7 series soon.
I found a 7 series with rear comfort seats.Unfortunately it has no pictures of the boot.

I am not 100% sure but is the boot not smaller due to the rear comfort seats or does that just apply when you have the fridge as well?

Last edited by cb; 08-21-2015 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #2
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb View Post
I found this one here: http://www.bigmotoringworld.co.uk/us...-climate-55359

I am just wondering if the boot space is less because of the rear comfort seats or does that just apply when you have the fridge?
Read the sticky please about big bad motoring world
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 01:28 AM   #3
cb
Private First Class
Rep

No one here who can help me with this question???
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 02:45 PM   #4
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: 520d F10 LCI M Sport

Have you considered posting on a 7 series forum?
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #5
cb
Private First Class
Rep

Yes I did but there are not a lot of people around so I thought maybe someone here could help me.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #6
Somerset Jim
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 LCI DCT & F01 730d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Read the sticky please about big bad motoring world
I really would steer clear of the car if it's being sold there too.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2015, 01:50 AM   #7
cb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset Jim View Post
I really would steer clear of the car if it's being sold there too.
What I always do before I buy a car is having an AA guy there doing a report for me. So everything is covered.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 07:06 AM   #8
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

I think the problem is with the company, not the car, so it may be advisable to take a solicitor and a couple of witnesses along with your AA guy!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 08:41 AM   #9
cb
Private First Class
Rep

I have read a lot of bad reviews but also good reviews. I would like to make myself an opinion. My last car was from a "bad" dealership and so far I had no problems at all.
As long as the car is in good shape and has no technical issues it should be fine. But this will the AA guy tell me at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
I have read a lot of bad reviews but also good reviews. I would like to make myself an opinion. My last car was from a "bad" dealership and so far I had no problems at all.
As long as the car is in good shape and has no technical issues it should be fine. But this will the AA guy tell me at the end of the day.
Google is your friend.

BTW - that AA check is not the be all and end all. There is some piece of mind i guess but good luck either way.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #11
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

The AA check is more or less like an MOT to say the car is road worthy. Nothing more.
      08-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #12
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
Quote:
I found a 7 series with rear comfort seats.Unfortunately it has no pictures of the boot.

I am not 100% sure but is the boot not smaller due to the rear comfort seats or does that just apply when you have the fridge as well?
I can't imagine it would make any noticeable difference to be honest, as it would mean a redesigned rear bulkhead if it was going to impinge on boot space - and they're not likely to be doing that.

Is the one you're looking at the long wheelbase version, out of interest, as that would make sense as they had more rear legroom to start with due to the longer wheelbase.

Do you have something of specific size you need to be able to get in the boot? The 7 series boot is pretty cavernous anyway, so loosing an inch or 2 off it dimensionally is going to be a drop in the ocean.
      08-25-2015, 11:51 AM   #13
cb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russbmw View Post
I can't imagine it would make any noticeable difference to be honest, as it would mean a redesigned rear bulkhead if it was going to impinge on boot space - and they're not likely to be doing that.

Is the one you're looking at the long wheelbase version, out of interest, as that would make sense as they had more rear legroom to start with due to the longer wheelbase.

Do you have something of specific size you need to be able to get in the boot? The 7 series boot is pretty cavernous anyway, so loosing an inch or 2 off it dimensionally is going to be a drop in the ocean.
It is the normal wheel base. I was just wondering to be honest.
I have attached a picture of a 7 series boot with the fridge. It takes quite a lot of space. But I guess the best way to find it out is to have a look at the car. I will be in the area in October so as long as the car is still there I will have a look.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 11:52 AM   #14
cb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
Google is your friend.

BTW - that AA check is not the be all and end all. There is some piece of mind i guess but good luck either way.
But at least with an AA report I know if the car has technical issues or not or any other damage. I know something can always happen in the future but so far everything went fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #15
cb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
The AA check is more or less like an MOT to say the car is road worthy. Nothing more.
They do about 200 checks and this here as well:

roadworthiness ,mechanical and main, electrical functions, previous body repairs, 10-mile road test

So after all these test they will be able to give me their opinion on the car and if it is worth to buy or not.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 05:10 PM   #16
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X70 on the way

Quote:
They do about 200 checks and this here as well:

roadworthiness ,mechanical and main, electrical functions, previous body repairs, 10-mile road test

So after all these test they will be able to give me their opinion on the car and if it is worth to buy or not.
I had it done on my S3 (hence the name) a while back(around 10 years ago) and paid the for the full check - they missed the fact it had had the rear quarter panel filled and resprayed. I then looked into other things they may have missed and when i asked the seller (a year later)about what checks they had done. He told me the guy hadn't spent more than a hour with the car and hey didn't put it on a ramp as they'd claimed they would. If you read the small print (may have since changed of course) it's full of get outs.

Better than nothing - but when you're buying from a dealership with a reputation, i wouldn't rely on it. Saying that i wouldn't buy from the dealership and avoid the risk completely.

But i think you know what you want to do. Best of luck - you'll need it.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 06:26 PM   #17
IanS100
Major General
England
Rep

You could save yourself a few pounds if you just ask the salesman if the car is in good condition & worth the money & make him swear 'honest injun' - totally foolproof
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #18
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanS100
You could save yourself a few pounds if you just ask the salesman if the car is in good condition & worth the money & make him swear 'honest injun' - totally foolproof
+ 1!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 01:27 AM   #19
cb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterS3 View Post
I had it done on my S3 (hence the name) a while back(around 10 years ago) and paid the for the full check - they missed the fact it had had the rear quarter panel filled and resprayed. I then looked into other things they may have missed and when i asked the seller (a year later)about what checks they had done. He told me the guy hadn't spent more than a hour with the car and hey didn't put it on a ramp as they'd claimed they would. If you read the small print (may have since changed of course) it's full of get outs.

Better than nothing - but when you're buying from a dealership with a reputation, i wouldn't rely on it. Saying that i wouldn't buy from the dealership and avoid the risk completely.

But i think you know what you want to do. Best of luck - you'll need it.
So you were not around when they did the check?
I will be there with the guy and make sure he checks everything.
I know they cannot cover everything but at least I have something.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 01:49 AM   #20
cb
Private First Class
Rep

I changed my mind regarding an AA/RAC inspection seeing people had already problems afterwards. What I am going to do is get the car checked by an independent garage nearby. It will cost me a lot less and then I know for sure if the car is in good condition or not. I found an independent BMW garage nearby. I will ask the seller if that is okay. If they have nothing to hide it should not be a problem if they say no I will stay away from then.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 07:09 AM   #21
_Ascension_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i - Sophisto Grey

Not wanting to piddle on your chips, but I've read numerous stories about this place not letting people take cars for a test drive without putting down a deposit- do you really think they'll let you take it over to an independent garage to get it checked over?

I guess if they don't, you have a good reason to walk away, I'd be annoyed at wasting my time though...
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 07:13 AM   #22
cb
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension335i View Post
Not wanting to piddle on your chips, but I've read numerous stories about this place not letting people take cars for a test drive without putting down a deposit- do you really think they'll let you take it over to an independent garage to get it checked over?

I guess if they don't, you have a good reason to walk away, I'd be annoyed at wasting my time though...
I just spoke to them and these are the answers I got.

1. Question was about an independent inspection.

Helen.: No I am afraid not.
Helen .: All cars go through a 39 point pre delivery check with us and are at retail standard and hpi check cleared.

2. Question was about an AA/RAC inspection.

Helen .: Yes thats fine! Was there a particular vehicle you were interested in? Would you like to make an appointment?

Looks like I will give it a miss this time.
Appreciate 0