E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Porsche Cayman S

05-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #155
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
As long as it's big and throbbing - I'll be a happy woman.

Getting excited now!
Wana book me up for an evening session this week or next?
      07-03-2008, 01:23 AM   #156
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

well i was lucky enough to be allowed a drive in Helens car yesterday

now im no expert at all so im going to keep this reveiw simple

The first thing i noticed about this car is that it was quite simply beautifull, much much better than what the pictures can show. The build quality inside and out was outstanding i thought. Helen took me for a spin out in it ... wow she knows how to drive it (and amazingly the OBC was still reading 25mpg !) then out of the blue Helen pulled up and offered me a drive wasnt expecting that ... so i climb in adjust the seat and stuff and their is still loads of room for my 6'2" frame! As i set off i noticed the power was there from the slighest press on the peddle annd nicely through all the gears. Apparently i wasnt pushing it very hard and Helen told me to get the revs above 5k , she was right , what a howl from the engine, an amazing engine note at those revs and above. The best thing about this car is the handling, it just sticks to the road amazingly, i have driven nothing quite like it that had shere outright handling. The suspension was quite hard, which made for a bumpy ride at times, never an issue though.

Would i buy one ? well i dont know ... it looks gorgeous, sounds amazing, handles unbelieably... but is it my 335D , no it isnt and i love my car too much to part with it quite yet

thanks Helen you have a top car

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 01:39 AM   #157
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRedE93 View Post
You obviously haven't seen BB on a twisty country road I am sure she can find the limits of traction

well i have (knucles turning white) and trust me she cant

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 12:38 PM   #158
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post

The first thing i noticed about this car is that it was quite simply beautifull, much much better than what the pictures can show. The build quality inside and out was outstanding i thought. Helen took me for a spin out in it ... wow she knows how to drive it (and amazingly the OBC was still reading 25mpg !) then out of the blue Helen pulled up and offered me a drive wasnt expecting that ... so i climb in adjust the seat and stuff and their is still loads of room for my 6'2" frame! As i set off i noticed the power was there from the slighest press on the peddle annd nicely through all the gears. Apparently i wasnt pushing it very hard and Helen told me to get the revs above 5k , she was right , what a howl from the engine, an amazing engine note at those revs and above. The best thing about this car is the handling, it just sticks to the road amazingly, i have driven nothing quite like it that had shere outright handling. The suspension was quite hard, which made for a bumpy ride at times, never an issue though.

Would i buy one ? well i dont know ... it looks gorgeous, sounds amazing, handles unbelieably... but is it my 335D , no it isnt and i love my car too much to part with it quite yet

they are very different aren't they.....................a very good different
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 01:42 PM   #159
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD View Post

How is helen im missing the old bird

Pass on my regards please.
      07-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #160
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
How is helen im missing the old bird

Pass on my regards please.
She's as fresh and witty as ever and she says get stuffed !!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #161
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
She's as fresh and witty as ever and she says get stuffed !!

fresh? not so sure
witty , definately
she the one that wants to get stuffed