E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > TPMS Coding

04-08-2014, 02:52 AM   #1
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
So I attempted to disable TPMS today on a 01/2007 335i today and discovered a few surprises:

1. There is no TPMS control module behind the battery.
2. There is no fuse installed.
3. The value (can't recall exact one) in KOMBI was already set to not active.
4. VO $2VB is not present.
5. INPA couldn't communicate with TPMS. There were no TPMS errors present in INPA.

And after resetting the TPMS using the BC stalk, the red light would not go away.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: After doing some research, it was determined this vehicle had FTM not TPMS.

After discovering this, had the customer recheck all air pressures and reset the warning (1 tire was low). Light went away and all is well now.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
Andreus
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatcrazy View Post
So I attempted to disable TPMS today on a 01/2007 335i today and discovered a few surprises:

1. There is no TPMS control module behind the battery.
2. There is no fuse installed.
3. The value (can't recall exact one) in KOMBI was already set to not active.
4. VO $2VB is not present.
5. INPA couldn't communicate with TPMS. There were no TPMS errors present in INPA.

And after resetting the TPMS using the BC stalk, the red light would not go away.

Am I missing something?

EDIT: After doing some research, it was determined this vehicle had FTM not TPMS.

After discovering this, had the customer recheck all air pressures and reset the warning (1 tire was low). Light went away and all is well now.
Hey did you ever solve this issue. I had a few questions about it. Also I saw you help someone out with remote coding, do you still do so?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #3
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreus View Post
Hey did you ever solve this issue. I had a few questions about it. Also I saw you help someone out with remote coding, do you still do so?
Sent you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2018, 11:18 PM   #4
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335d LCI

I know this is old but I was just looking for some answers as well regarding TPMS as I have noticed I do not have RDC module or sensors in the rims. My model uses ABS/Speed sensor to check for low pressure in one tire, most like flat one or the one loosing the pressure. One thing is good, no worry about extra sensors but living in the cold / hot climate if all tires change the pressure at the same time I will never know that I am low on air back to the old good days of using the gauge
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 12:22 AM   #5
RocketSurgeon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Manual, CBR650F

If your car does not have the $2VB in the VO or was made prior to 03/2007, you have FTM and not TPMS. If you are getting warning lights, set your tire pressures and Reset the system. Make sure you reset the system correctly, you should see a check mark when it completes. If you don't do the reset procedure correctly, it will act like it reset, but you'll still have the warning light.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 12:29 AM   #6
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
If your car does not have the $2VB in the VO or was made prior to 03/2007, you have FTM and not TPMS. If you are getting warning lights, set your tire pressures and Reset the system. Make sure you reset the system correctly, you should see a check mark when it completes. If you don't do the reset procedure correctly, it will act like it reset, but you'll still have the warning light.
I have 2009 LCI and no sensors, checked that today after they have removed bad tires from my winter rims and last weekend I had one of the wheels off the car and trims and did not see any RDC sensor ( i did look as I wanted to check how it works on the car) Little sad as I used to have 2005 MDX and it had individual sensors and it was so easy to find the low pressure wheel Plus it was telling me the low or flat and not like my BMW flat right the way with the red light, freaks me out every time I see it
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 07:04 PM   #7
jsanchez335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grzes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
I have 2009 LCI and no sensors, checked that today after they have removed bad tires from my winter rims and last weekend I had one of the wheels off the car and trims and did not see any RDC sensor ( i did look as I wanted to check how it works on the car) Little sad as I used to have 2005 MDX and it had individual sensors and it was so easy to find the low pressure wheel Plus it was telling me the low or flat and not like my BMW flat right the way with the red light, freaks me out every time I see it
It's a white module called RDC. Should be by the battery.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 10:04 PM   #8
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanchez335 View Post
It's a white module called RDC. Should be by the battery.
thx, I will look for it tonight but I have the feeling that my true TPMS is codded off and in place of that I have FTM which works on the principle of each wheel rotations, to be more specific most like it measures and matches two back one and two front ones as back has higher pressure than the front so rotations will be little off i think. But first I have to work on the car a bit as I have to fix my charge pipe that keeps coming off the intercooler
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #9
Iceman2007
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Convertible E93

I guess all US cars have tpms system. I'm in the process of resetting it to FTM but can't find the module. 2007 335i E93 build 2/2007. Any idea where I could look for it?
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #10
Hotter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 328i -> 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2007 View Post
I guess all US cars have tpms system. I'm in the process of resetting it to FTM but can't find the module. 2007 335i E93 build 2/2007. Any idea where I could look for it?
Thank you
My was here:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...erial/KZ0ywaLa
You can try entering your car details and see if its in same place.
Also can try to view this thread:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204495
Appreciate 0