E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > CODERS E90 E91 E92 E93 in UK

12-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #221
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius
You've got two options in the KOMBI module.

BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR - which obviously corrects the digital readout, and

BC_V_KORREKTUR - for the speedo.

That said, I've not actually tried it. I like the over read as default with the option of looking at the real speed on the digital display. It's bloody accurate too, always bang on with my TomTom.
Thanks.
I will try that.
I prefer OEM speedo to be as it came out from factory and digital as true speed, so you have both.
      12-29-2012, 07:31 PM   #222
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Few forum members have asked me about FRM2 / 3 compatibility to their cars. I am going to compile a list of FRMs and their compatibility.

FRM2

Halogen lights without fog light

FRM2 E90 E91 LOW

Halogen lights with fog lights
FRM 2 E90 E91 NSW / BASIS
FRM 2 E87 E9x XE
FRM 2 E89 E9x LED XE

Xenon without AHL

FRM 2 E87 E9x XE
FRM 2 E89 E9x LED XE

Xenon with AHL

FRM 2 E87 E9x AHL
FRM 2 E89 E9x LED AHL

FRM3

Halogen lights
FRM 3 MAX BROSE

Xenon without AHL

FRM 3 E87 E92 E93 XE
FRM 3 E89 E9x LED XE
FRM 3 MAX BROSE

Xenon with AHL

FRM 3 E87 E92 E93 AHL
FRM 3 E89 E9x LED AHL
FRM 3 MAX BROSE
      01-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #223
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Makkan, have you looked at coding the F series cars yet such as the new 3 series F30?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #224
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Hit me up for Coding and Xenon retrofits in Portsmouth (till the 18th of Jan) - south hampshire region.

Moving to basingstoke after the 18th - so basingstoke after the 25th of Jan 2013.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:57 AM   #225
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Can you do removal of angels dimming etc mainly as Basingstoke only down the road for me
      01-08-2013, 09:50 AM   #226
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Can you do removal of angels dimming etc mainly as Basingstoke only down the road for me
sure i've done it on mine.

Last edited by mastrchee; 01-08-2013 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: sorry asked a question without reading your signature
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #227
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Makkan, have you looked at coding the F series cars yet such as the new 3 series F30?
Richard,
I am working on it. Since I do not have F30, therefore it is taking sometime.
I'll require a volunteer car for a day on which I'd code every posisble option FOC.

I'll annouce it on F30 forum when stuff is reading and when I get time.
      01-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #228
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Thanks mate. I'll keep an eye out.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 02:48 AM   #229
sohlman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330iSE

Hi,

I am new to these forums and this is my first post. This coding thing seems very interesting. I have an early 330i se Auto and am just about to fit a large sound install and change the head unit. So coding a few things beforehand would be sensible.

I am interested in the alarm beep, brake force display, having the angels running all the time and the white dials and i am sure a few other minor changes From reading other posts it does not look like i will be allowed to post a PM for a bit. So my next question is:- Is there a contact number for the coders so i can give them a call. I can drive over to makhan00 as thats not far and there is another coder in surrey which would be a bit closer.

Kind Regards

James
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #230
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohlman View Post
Hi,

I am new to these forums and this is my first post. This coding thing seems very interesting. I have an early 330i se Auto and am just about to fit a large sound install and change the head unit. So coding a few things beforehand would be sensible.

I am interested in the alarm beep, brake force display, having the angels running all the time and the white dials and i am sure a few other minor changes From reading other posts it does not look like i will be allowed to post a PM for a bit. So my next question is:- Is there a contact number for the coders so i can give them a call. I can drive over to makhan00 as thats not far and there is another coder in surrey which would be a bit closer.

Kind Regards

James
I do not mind coding your car / changing LEDs in odometer, but you may wish to consider contacting Mehsyo for coding as he is closer to you.

If he is busy or away, then I am more than happy to work on your car mate.
      01-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #231
sohlman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330iSE

Thanks i will give him a pm

J
      01-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #232
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

Out of interest wheres Mehsyo based
      01-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #233
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic77 View Post
Out of interest wheres Mehsyo based
I am not sure about his location but this is what he posted;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshyo View Post
Hey guys, I can code South West London and Surrey areas.
Worth of sending him a pm.
      01-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #234
Meshyo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335I

Thumbs up

Hi guys, sorry I have been just crazy busy recently guys. I am located in Sutton in Surrey, but work in Dorking. So really I am available for areas around Guildford and South West London (towards Kingston etc).

I am able to code most basic things, however currently I cannot yet is code the car for external amps. As soon as I hear any more I will let you guys know.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #235
shaun335d
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335d

Any coders in manchester area?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #236
RSM
Rep
Drives: E87

Sorry to post in this thread guys, just seems to be a lot more info about coding on the e90 section than the 1 addicts section. I'm a long time lurker on both forums but have just signed up today.

I've got some facelift celis led taillights being delivered shortly for my E87 120d, was just wondering if there was anybody who knew how to code the taillights so only the celis lights lit up like the vehicles that are fitted with them from out of the factory.

I'm guessing these vehicles codes are along the same lines as the e9x chassis.

I am from Purfleet in Essex, I see there are a couple of members also from Essex, any help would be very much appreciated

Many thanks guys

Last edited by RSM; 01-24-2013 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: More detail provided
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #237
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Sorry to post in this thread guys, just seems to be a lot more info about coding on the e90 section than the 1 addicts section. I'm a long time lurker on both forums but have just signed up today.

I've got some facelift celis led taillights being delivered shortly for my E87 120d, was just wondering if there was anybody who knew how to code the taillights so only the celis lights lit up like the vehicles that are fitted with them from out of the factory.

I'm guessing these vehicles codes are along the same lines as the e9x chassis.

I am from Purfleet in Essex, I see there are a couple of members also from Essex, any help would be very much appreciated

Many thanks guys

1 Series coding is very similar to 3 series coding.

Retrofitting LCI rear lights on 1 series is not as easy as fitting on 3 series.
You'd require:
1- Re-arranging the cables in the rear light clips (or you can buy adaptor from stealers).
2- Running additional wire from FRM (light module) to LCI rear lights to power LED strip. Or German hack is to get the wiring from license plate LEDs. See details here and here.

When you are done with step 1 & 2, then you would require coding.

If you are REALLY determined, then it is not that hard. When and if you are done with step 1 & 2 and if there are any errors on your dashboard, give me a shout and I will code your car.
      01-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #238
RSM
Rep

Thankyou for your reply makkan00, its good to see its possible, having already had the interior out once to do the alpine amp retrofit, i was going to do it the german way, only downside i can see is if the number plate fuse goes i will lose rear lights, can you think of any other downsides?

I recognise your car from around the area, i think ive seen you going under the qe2 bridge, near the ibis, if its not you its a double of your car haha

many thanks, Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:30 AM   #239
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thankyou for your reply makkan00, its good to see its possible, having already had the interior out once to do the alpine amp retrofit, i was going to do it the german way, only downside i can see is if the number plate fuse goes i will lose rear lights, can you think of any other downsides?
Not scaring you, but the other risk is fire. Just keep checking the cables for few days to make sure that they are not getting hot.

If you have alpine retrofit, you should also opt for hi-fi coding to get max out of your retrofit kit.

Quote:
I recognise your car from around the area, i think ive seen you going under the qe2 bridge, near the ibis, if its not you its a double of your car haha

many thanks, Rob
Unfortunately, thats me . Good to hear from a local chap. Rob, let me know when you are ready and I'll code your car.
regards
Sam
      01-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #240
RSM
Rep

Ye i will keep an eye on it, i would run it to the frm, but i believe i have frm1 so not sure whether it would work from the frm? And i wouldnt have a clue of where to wire it in from the frm.

I run led number plate bulbs and the celis are led so shouldnt be to much current draw im hoping so it shouldnt get to warm. Well thats my theor lol

what would the hifi coding do? I just have the business radio and there is a switch on the anp for business and professional setup.

Sorry for all the questions

Rob
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #241
GINDO
Private
England
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

Hi makkan00, has any body managed to code the key fob on a 12 plate convertable to close the Roof + Open it ??
thanks in advance
Gindo (Paul )
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #242
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ye i will keep an eye on it, i would run it to the frm, but i believe i have frm1 so not sure whether it would work from the frm? And i wouldnt have a clue of where to wire it in from the frm.

I run led number plate bulbs and the celis are led so shouldnt be to much current draw im hoping so it shouldnt get to warm. Well thats my theor lol
I guess with FRM1, it would be difficult to run the wires from FRM. And it has the most value to code for retrofit LCI tail lights.

Quote:
what would the hifi coding do? I just have the business radio and there is a switch on the anp for business and professional setup.

Sorry for all the questions

Rob
It is supposed the take out the equiliser settings out of the HU and give the amp flat clean signals. You get decent sound. Unfortunately BMW bussiness radio cannot be coded to hi-fi. So you do not have much choise here.