E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Shiv And His Procede Problems.

12-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #1
AltecBX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi Sedan; BMW M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335Xi  [0.00]
Question Shiv And His Procede Problems.

I haven't bought anything from them yet, because I'm doing research on the Procede chip. From reading the posts in this forum and others, I've notice Vishnu does not have the best customer service. People been complaining about problems installing, broken wires, updated videos, error codes, limp modes, taking over 3 months to ship, over charging overnight shipping charges for a <1lb package. I know the chip puts down some decent #'s, but we have to stop providing Shiv business. The chip cost to much compare to what you get in return. I've notice, once you buy the chip, you are on your own. Is up to you to start searching the forums for related problems and ask questions among ourselves to find answers. Many of you who bought or haven't bought, notice that when you have a problem or question, Shiv never answers the forum unless is a known issue like "3-4 gear" related. Again, I'm not knocking his product or trying to promote some other one, but we have to stop giving him business until he drops the prices on the chips or use some of that big profit he makes and invest back in his company for customer relation and support. Please let me know how you feel about this as well. We have to make a difference now.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltecBX View Post
We have to make a difference now.

You can, volunteer at a local charity or homeless shelter.

You can start making a difference with something meaningful right away.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Wait for it.....wait for it....good luck on this one bud!
      12-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #5
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
I haven't bought anything from them yet, because I'm doing research on the Procede chip. From reading the posts in this forum and others, I've notice Vishnu does not have the best customer service. People been complaining about problems installing, broken wires, updated videos, error codes, limp modes, taking over 3 months to ship, over charging overnight shipping charges for a <1lb package. I know the chip puts down some decent #'s, but we have to stop providing Shiv business. The chip cost to much compare to what you get in return. I've notice, once you buy the chip, you are on your own. Is up to you to start searching the forums for related problems and ask questions among ourselves to find answers. Many of you who bought or haven't bought, notice that when you have a problem or question, Shiv never answers the forum unless is a known issue like "3-4 gear" related. Again, I'm not knocking his product or trying to promote some other one, but we have to stop giving him business until he drops the prices on the chips or use some of that big profit he makes and invest back in his company for customer relation and support. Please let me know how you feel about this as well. We have to make a difference now.

your plan won't work. It's up to you what you do. I changed my expectations and lay back to see what happens. I'm pretty relaxed since that.

- Eugen
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
Coder335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 - MB 335i Coupe

That's the problem with putting these guys on pedestals.

I think they are laughing all the way to the bank..
      12-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coder335i View Post

... in their Lamborghini...
      12-28-2007, 08:39 PM   #8
DreX3M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97-X3M Competition

Shiv has been pretty good about CS of late.

Given that the Procede is probably the most cutting edge product out there at the moment.. with the largest number of users, it's not easy to ensure 100% compatibility with every latest map being offered.

Here's my take on things, if you want to be pushing the envelope on power and features then just load the latest maps and understand that it may be a work in progress to iron out issues here and there. If you want a plug and forget solution, then load some previous maps that we all know have proven stable. (eg. v1.47 or v2.0.1)

It's like installing the latest operating system (vista) as opposed to something that's been out for awhile (xp). Personally, I'm a vista user
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 08:40 PM   #9
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Nobody is putting a gun to your head; you make the best decision for you.

FWIW, I've been working with Shiv and Vishnu Tuning since the beginning over 1 year ago, and although there have been a few hiccups along the way, I am a VERY satisfied customer of theirs and VERY happy with the PROcede v2.0.2. Since updating to the v2.0.2 map (12-19-07), my car has been running strong at 94% TQ Curve values across the board and I haven't had any issues whatsoever. Looking forward to Shiv's next update with more v2 power and maybe a couple more options with v2.0.3.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 12-28-2007 at 09:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 08:43 PM   #10
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:

More power to them; they work very hard (nights/weekends, answering questions on the Forum day & night, traveling for installs & dynos, etc.) for the $$ they make. It's a business after all, and businesses try to make a profit...just ask Terry.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:

I don't know what forum you've been reading but we've been doing quite a bit to help our customers. As well as stay on top of ECU udpates released regularly by the factory. It took us about 10 days to solve the 3rd to 4th gear shift issue with the new v2.0.2 map thanks to help of several customers who provide us with datalogs and feedback. The option to go back to v2.0.1 was always there for those who wanted to wait until the problem was solved. Right now, the other other "problem" that I'm aware of is terminals breaking during install. They are not breaking at crimps which indicates that they are not put together improperly. The terminal itself is breaking which is caused by tension in the wire putting pressure on the terminal itself. This is avoidable as explaned in the instructions. We are always looking for ways to make things less failure prone but when you ship out 100 v2s land at customer doorsteps at the same time, I fully expect some issues to arise during installation. We do our best to solve them. And for the next 2-3 weeks (as we catch up with back order), we expect to keep doing just this. After that, v2 will be integrated into the PROcede system which means that customers will no longer have to populate the black connector, update firmware, upload maps, etc,. It'll be nice for all of us. But the next few weeks are going to be interesting. We are doing our best to rest up for the rest of the holidays before work begins again.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:01 PM   #12
Jrocket
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 S4,05 E55,02 330i,07 335i

Way too many problem threads for the money they charge.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:11 PM   #13
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocket View Post
Way too many problem threads for the money they charge.
You do realize that 90-95% of users have never had a problem or posted anything on this forum, right?

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:13 PM   #14
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:

goodluck w/ your revolution....I'll be enjoying my car in the meanwhile.

by the way, did you mispell shiv's product on purpose in the title of this thread??
      12-28-2007, 09:20 PM   #15
Jrocket
Private
Rep
Drives: 05 S4,05 E55,02 330i,07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
You do realize that 90-95% of users have never had a problem or posted anything on this forum, right?

Shiv
I realize I see way too many problem post's with you product in it.90-95%,yeah right.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #16
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

If you look at the post about 95 percent of problems were the customers that installed it wrong....I am one of those 95% tile people....I am human and made a mistake, but it was resolved
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #17
Coder335i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 - MB 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocket View Post
I realize I see way too many problem post's with you product in it.90-95%,yeah right.
+1. No disrespect intended but too much hype IMHO. Most of his posts are designed to bamboozle people with technical jargon, but it doesnt change the fact that people are still having problems.
      12-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #18
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
+1. No disrespect intended but too much hype IMHO. Most of his posts are designed to bamboozle people with technical jargon, but it doesnt change the fact that people are still having problems.
Some ppl have some minor problems, but most do not. Most of the problems have been user install error, while the other "limp mode" and "stuttering" issues have been resolved.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:35 PM   #19
tryangles
LA Native
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 sdrive35i

Coder has a point. The proof is in the pudding. I mean c'mon, scroll through the first 3 pages of this tech forum and how many of these are limp mode issues with the Procede alone? In hindsight why is it we don't see many of the same type of problems for similar competing products? Regardless of the amount of volume Vishnu is supposedly pushing, there is no hiding the fact that the product is way more problematic than it's counter parts and the turnaround time for delivery has been nothing short of a joke.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:36 PM   #20
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
If that's all it takes to bamboozle you, it's best you stay away from Jedi Knights conventions.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #21
sflgator
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryangles View Post
Coder has a point. The proof is in the pudding. I mean c'mon, scroll through the first 3 pages of this tech forum and how many of these are limp mode issues with the Procede alone? In hindsight why is it we don't see many of the same type of problems for similar competing products? Regardless of the amount of volume Vishnu is supposedly pushing, there is no hiding the fact that the product is way more problematic than it's counter parts and the turnaround time for delivery has been nothing short of a joke.
Higher volume (i.e. a higher number of one particular product being used on the street; in this case, it's ~ 1,000+ vs. ~ 300 or less for some competing products) = higher probability of hearing about some problems, genius.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2007, 09:40 PM   #22
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryangles View Post
The proof is in the pudding.
Not sure I know what that means.
Appreciate 0