E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > I Have Lost My Car!

02-01-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 4.8is, Lambo Gallardo

Well for a week at least.

I have taken it down to a very weel respected suspension company called NITRON. We work very closely with them for the suspension on our race E46 M3 CSL and E36 M3 evo and now they would like to develop a kit for the new E90 3 series!

It will be a fast road/track kit and in terms of market, it will be pitted against the likes of the KW Clubsport kit, but far far better quality and performance.

Formula 3 cars with Nitron suspension fitted currently hold more lap records than any other cars fitted with other suspension and in the Porsche fraternity, NITRON really is the kit to have.

We are hoping to have a large range of adjustability on the kit, with near exactly standard settings at one end to seriously track focussed at the other.

The shocks will be a coil over design and feature all the usual setting adjustments including ride height for each corner.

I will report back when I collect it in a week or so and we hope to have it working and fitted to the Speed Religion 330d SR3 in time for the BMW Car Club UK Friday 13th track day at Oulton Park in Cheshire if anyone wants to come along... again, we will have both our race cars there offering high speed passenger laps and tuition and the SR3... it makes a great day out.

If anyone would like to attend, please dont feel pressured into having to pay for your own car to go on the track - that's not the case. You are more than welcome to turn up, pay for a passenger wrist band (£15-£20) and ride as a passenger in any car that is there on the day. Its a great way to see what its all about!

ant.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 03:58 AM   #2
Jude1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Good choice and will be interested to see how they perform on the E90. As you know half the battle is getting the sus well set-up but I am sure they'll do a good job. Lot's of friends of mine have them on their TVR's (mainly Cerbs)and the difference over standard set-up (which is very good) is very noticeable, the fact that they are adjustable is a bonus for track days. Ohlins and Intrax were the higher end options with Racing Red and Protechs and Gaz Gold's slotted in just below the Nitrons. As I didn't really track my Cerbera I went for standard rear suspension (quite soft) and adjustable Protech fronts, this was perfect for my driving style and for 1/4's / standing starts.

Looking forward to you views on the Nitrons.

Jules.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 04:01 AM   #3
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1 View Post
Good choice and will be interested to see how they perform on the E90. As you know half the battle is getting the sus well set-up but I am sure they'll do a good job. Lot's of friends of mine have them on their TVR's (mainly Cerbs)and the difference over standard set-up (which is very good) is very noticeable, the fact that they are adjustable is a bonus for track days. Ohlins and Intrax were the higher end options with Racing Red and Protechs and Gaz Gold's slotted in just below the Nitrons. As I didn't really track my Cerbera I went for standard rear suspension (quite soft) and adjustable Protech fronts, this was perfect for my driving style and for 1/4's / standing starts.

Looking forward to you views on the Nitrons.

Jules.
No worries Jules,

Will we be seeing you at Oulton mate?

Could be good for you to see how a proper manual car go's...

ant.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

The Nitron kit is fabulous stuff - not the cheapest, but you definitely get more than what you pay for... Would be interested to see if they develop one set of suspension components for the whole E9x range, or whether they will develop a few for the different weights of vehicles... if you want a donor E92 335i to send off to Nitron...??!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Or donor diesel 335.
      02-01-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
He only deals with proper cars. i.e 330d Manual.
      02-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
The Nitron kit is fabulous stuff - not the cheapest, but you definitely get more than what you pay for... Would be interested to see if they develop one set of suspension components for the whole E9x range, or whether they will develop a few for the different weights of vehicles... if you want a donor E92 335i to send off to Nitron...??!!!!
I spoke with Guy today Tony and of course, if you are interested, a heavily discounted kit can be yours... in exchange for development feedback? Guy is serious about his suspension and from what I have seen, this kit will be awesome!

After our talks today, the whole E9X range uses the same diameter tube, appart from the M3's... so we will see what his thougths are once he has dismantled and dyno'd the suspension off my car tomorrow, it will give him a start to work from and then see where he thinks we should take it. We have also spoken about the possibilty of having almost standard settings at one end and track at the other.

What are your thoughts Tony?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #8
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant397 View Post
I spoke with Guy today Tony and of course, if you are interested, a heavily discounted kit can be yours... in exchange for development feedback? Guy is serious about his suspension and from what I have seen, this kit will be awesome!

After our talks today, the whole E9X range uses the same diameter tube, appart from the M3's... so we will see what his thougths are once he has dismantled and dyno'd the suspension off my car tomorrow, it will give him a start to work from and then see where he thinks we should take it. We have also spoken about the possibilty of having almost standard settings at one end and track at the other.

What are your thoughts Tony?

I'll give you a call in a little while Ant
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 09:43 AM   #9
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Steptronic

Ant: slightly off-topic, but has the SR3 only got stage 2 mods on now ?

I thought I remembered you saying it had a modded/replaced turbo when I drove it ?

Only reason I ask mate, is that after driving yours, if it just had the stage 2 mods on (as per the Speedreligion website write-up), then I may well be back sometime soon(ish), as the SR3 was an absolute beast to drive, and the quickest BMW I`ve driven, including my E46 M3 !
      02-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #10
Ant397
United Kingdom
Rep

The SR3 had the Stage 3 items removed last week as the majority of potential customers where looking for the Stage 2 work, so it seemed sense to be able to allow people to demo what they where actually going to get as its hard to show people what 30bhp less equates too... Please feel free to have another 'play' in it and see what you think mate.

If you did want to go for the Stage 2, with the air filter and full stainless exhaust, it would only cost you £648 as you have already paid for the remap side of things and we would give you the bespoke remap FOC. This would give you the exit tips in the same area as yours as its an SE, but with slightly enlarged exit tips. If you wanted the 335 style twin exit, it would mean a new M Sport or 335 SE bumper.

How does that sound?

ant.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
encee
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d SE Steptronic

Cheers Ant; that all sounds good mate !

Who actually manufactures the exhaust and the air-intake; are they well-known brands, or bespoke ones sourced by yourselves ?

As things stand, mine needs servicing this month, so I intend getting it done at a main dealer, and as they may well wipe the map, I will probably be down to see you soon after for a re-load, should they do so.

I`ll have a chat with you about it then Ant, as you may not have to bother re-loading my current map, as I could well need the stage 2 map on if I decide to go ahead with the exhaust and air-intake.............cheers mate.