E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > $198.00 2.5" Downpipes - INSTALLED

01-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #23
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

WOW...nice job, I am glad you got them on finally...Fitment looks good, wow what a big difference from installing 2.5 to 3 inches as for the space.....
It took you only 2.5 hours...damn thats pretty quick...Keep us posted...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #24
wsybert
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblackwell View Post
The car?

What wheels are those? Very nice.
1999 528iT 5sp manual (new addition)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #25
ehssan_alkhiyami
I don't drive fast , i fly very low
Germany
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 , F31 320D Xdrive

Amazing job dude ,,thanks for the review , i will diffidently go for a set ,,

i'm just worried about the warranty and the service ,, I have procede rev II and it takes care of the DP fix ,,,but this should be removed when service and then for sure I will have some O2 sensors errors ,,,, any solutions ???
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #26
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehssan_alkhiyami View Post
Amazing job dude ,,thanks for the review , i will diffidently go for a set ,,

i'm just worried about the warranty and the service ,, I have procede rev II and it takes care of the DP fix ,,,but this should be removed when service and then for sure I will have some O2 sensors errors ,,,, any solutions ???
It all depends on what type of service your getting...Major service like HPFP or turbos, everything has to come out, but for simple maintenance, just grease the SA...You live in Dubai...$$$$$$$
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #27
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitar335i View Post
Did you have to buy new gaskets, bolts, etc? Sorry for the questions.. i am thingking about getting shyestparks catted ur dps or this...
Used the old gaskets and bolts from the shop, though I think I remember bolts, nuts, and lock washers coming with them...... Hmmm.
      01-21-2010, 08:42 PM   #28
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsybert View Post
What wheels are those? Very nice.
Forgeline 20's e9x M3 fitment (for sale)
      01-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #29
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
WOW...nice job, I am glad you got them on finally...Fitment looks good, wow what a big difference from installing 2.5 to 3 inches as for the space.....
It took you only 2.5 hours...damn thats pretty quick...Keep us posted...

Having a lift and power tools helps a ton. Not to mention, there were no real snags to overcome during install.
      01-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #30
sole cal
Black Mamba
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Forgeline 20's e9x M3 fitment (for sale)
what tire sizes are you running and what drop is that?

looking forward to seeing dyno
      01-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #31
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sole cal View Post
what tire sizes are you running and what drop is that?

looking forward to seeing dyno
Stock springs. (no drop)

255's and 305's

Here is the info on the wheels.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336414
      01-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #32
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
It all depends on what type of service your getting...Major service like HPFP or turbos, everything has to come out, but for simple maintenance, just grease the SA...You live in Dubai...$$$$$$$

that's cool then ,,, I do live in Dubai ,, I have 5 years unlimited millage warranty and free service contract + repair ,, so basically I only pay for changing tires and that's all ,, that's why I'm worried about the warranty ,
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #33
ehssan_alkhiyami
Germany
Rep

jblackwell : thanks a lot dude for this great efforts , you proven that sometimes cheap stuff works too ,,, GL ..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:02 PM   #34
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep

LOL @ 314 views in 2 hours.
      01-21-2010, 09:03 PM   #35
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

good job... now enjoy the heck out of it...

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:10 PM   #36
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hun77777 View Post
good job... now enjoy the heck out of it...

At $210 shipped to my door, the dollar/enjoyment is very sweet.
      01-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #37
I335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '08 335i Coupe

I'm amazed at this thread. In the thread that introduced these pipes everyone puked over them. Now that someone got them to bolt on to his car everyone's drooling over them. Interesting dynamics going on here...

So Op - did you do a baseline dyno and are you planning to do an after dyno to see what the gain is? Also, let us know how they're looking after a couple of months driving on wet roads. These were the pipes that come with instructions that recommend polishing them once a month - it'll be interesting to see if that's because they're expecting rust. Anyhow - thanks for taking the leap for the board here - we'll be looking forward to your experiences with these puppies...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #38
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
I'm amazed at this thread. In the thread that introduced these pipes everyone puked over them. Now that someone got them to bolt on to his car everyone's drooling over them. Interesting dynamics going on here...

So Op - did you do a baseline dyno and are you planning to do an after dyno to see what the gain is? Also, let us know how they're looking after a couple of months driving on wet roads. These were the pipes that come with instructions that recommend polishing them once a month - it'll be interesting to see if that's because they're expecting rust. Anyhow - thanks for taking the leap for the board here - we'll be looking forward to your experiences with these puppies...
I don't think there was a change in opinions... You're only hearing from those that were pulling from them all along and the "haters" are likely just staying quiet.

They will not rust in my opinion. I believe they are a true stainless and the "clean up" suggestion is to keep the original polished luster.

At $200 I really don't care as I live in AZ and it rains like 4 times a year.

I'm planning on a dyno trip in the near future but I'm finishing up a couple of other things before I go so that I can test a few things in one dyno session.
      01-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #39
spdu4ea
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
I'm amazed at this thread. In the thread that introduced these pipes everyone puked over them.
As outlined many times in the other thread, the design of these pipes is clearly subpar, but since the OP didn't do a baseline dyno we won't really be able to compare before/after numbers against the competition. I don't think anyone expects them to perform worse than stock, but I'd guess they'll be something like 50% as good as ARs.

Personally, I'm disappointed that they fit because it means a lot of guys will now choose to get 50% of the performance improvement for 25% of the cost -- even if that means sending money to China and away from the guys who do any sort of actual engineering and testing (which means those companies will have less money to properly develop new parts).
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #40
jblackwell
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdu4ea View Post
As outlined many times in the other thread, the design of these pipes is clearly subpar, but since the OP didn't do a baseline dyno we won't really be able to compare before/after numbers against the competition. I don't think anyone expects them to perform worse than stock, but I'd guess they'll be something like 50% as good as ARs.

Personally, I'm disappointed that they fit because it means a lot of guys will now choose to get 50% of the performance improvement for 25% of the cost -- even if that means sending money to China and away from the guys who do any sort of actual engineering and testing (which means those companies will have less money to properly develop new parts).
Waaaaaah, $50 goes to China instead of $700 to some fabricator's Paypal account. If you truly cared that much about the USA, why did you buy a BMW?

I never said I didn't do a baseline dyno, I just haven't put it on the dyno since installing them.
      01-21-2010, 09:57 PM   #41
dmurray14
The Stig
United_States
Rep
Drives: Quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdu4ea View Post

not this again
      01-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #42
cn555ic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't think there was a change in opinions... You're only hearing from those that were pulling from them all along and the "haters" are likely just staying quiet.

They will not rust in my opinion. I believe they are a true stainless and the "clean up" suggestion is to keep the original polished luster.

At $200 I really don't care as I live in AZ and it rains like 4 times a year.

I'm planning on a dyno trip in the near future but I'm finishing up a couple of other things before I go so that I can test a few things in one dyno session.
If anyone does worry about rusting, 100 bucks to get it ceramic coated would still make the Dps cost 289, which is still significantly less than the average price of 2.5 inch DPs on the market now...Fitment is not the issue with these pipes now that OP has proven that, but as for design of the DPs with its bends, I would tread carefully for those who want optimal performance gains....
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #43
spdu4ea
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Wah, $50 goes to China instead of $700 to some fabricator's Paypal account. If you truly cared that much about the USA, why did you buy a BMW?
Good craftsmanship, engineering & design deserves recognition (and compensation). I wouldn't mind sending money to China if they actually understood what they were doing -- but on the whole, they don't. They either "design" a part themselves (which they did here -- a downpipe made with no understanding of fluid dynamics & metallurgy) or they copy someone else's design (a practice that generally results in a better part for the end user -- but completely fucks over the guys who spent time & money developing it).

Quote:
I never said I didn't do a baseline dyno, I just haven't put it on the dyno since installing them.

Ah, glad to hear you did a baseline, hopefully the post dyno is done with similar conditions.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #44
kjrulz
Mastermind
Rep
Drives: girls krazy

Why would anyone blame China? The companies here are the ones who are paying them for their services.

Stop crying over globalization. It's embarrassing. Sell your car and buy a Ford while you're at it. If someone wants to pay more for US quality that's dandy but if not whatever. You're definitely not changing minds though by whining about buying American and being a hypocrite simultaneously.
Appreciate 0