E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Everyman Racing Driving Experiences - anyone used?

09-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Everyman Racing Driving Experiences - anyone used?

http://www.everymanracing.co.uk/supe...ar-experiences

Daughter is thinking of booking this for her boyfriend so any feedback would be much appreciated

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

I did their Supercar Experience at Prestwold Hall but it was 10 years ago. If he likes his cars then you can't go wrong with this sort of thing IMO
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
Guvernator
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet

It doesn't sound like they get a lot of seat time, 8 laps in total which isn't all that much although the price does seem fair to compensate. Also I'd get them to check to see if they have any speed\rev limiter restrictions or how lenient the instructors are as I have heard of many places that put a rev limiter at 5krpm or the instructor tells you off for going too fast which on a Ferrari which can rev to 8krpm+ can put a real dampener on your fun.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
rogerxp
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp Pack / QQ+2 Tekna

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRG View Post
I did their Supercar Experience at Prestwold Hall but it was 10 years ago. If he likes his cars then you can't go wrong with this sort of thing IMO
+1

I did this at the same place in 2006. I did a Euro-style supercar halfday and thought it was great - nothing to compare it against however but had no complaints.

From memory I got 3 laps in each of the 5 cars which, whilst sounds not a lot, seemed good at the time - more laps of course would have been good but I suppose I had 5 cars to get through.

The instructors at the time were definately happy for you to push on. In fact I remember the chap inthe DB9 pushing me quite hard (he was obviously more familiar with the cars limits than me) and I was amazed how fast you could get a car of that size round the track.

I was (am!) a complete novice on the track but for me it was a great experience - would love to do it again.
Attached Images

Gone -: 370Z GT Roadster; BMW X3 3.0d xdrive M Sport; E46 330i M Sport Coupe; Mazda RX8 231; Nissan 350Z GT Roadster; BMW E90 330d M Sport; BMW E92 335i SE; Maserati 4200; Nissan 350Z; Honda S2000; Astra Coupe Turbo; Ford Probe
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 07:32 AM   #5
Markie68
Private
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Coupe

Fully agree
I have done about 3 different experiences at Prestwold Hall
2 on the track and 1 on the off road and rally track.
The instructors really do know what the cars are capable of and push you and the cars to what you would think as the "limit" but probably in reality they can do alot more.
I think that 3 laps is Ok but if you really want to when you are there they normally allow you to purchase more laps and also occasionally have a proper racing driver to take you out in for example an Arial Atom last time I was there.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 07:44 AM   #6
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Thanks chaps, Yep, 4 laps in each is obviously a bit short but then the price isn't tooo bad and they reckon to allow 2 hours for whole "experience". A few people have said that they don't limit you too much which was my other concern.

At the end of the day, for an 18 year old who drives a VW Polo I think it will be fine!!! She's booked it now anyway!!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
FRG
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 325d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerxp
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRG View Post
+1

I did this at the same place in 2006. I did a Euro-style supercar halfday and thought it was great - nothing to compare it against however but had no complaints.

From memory I got 3 laps in each of the 5 cars which, whilst sounds not a lot, seemed good at the time - more laps of course would have been good but I suppose I had 5 cars to get through.

The instructors at the time were definately happy for you to push on. In fact I remember the chap inthe DB9 pushing me quite hard (he was obviously more familiar with the cars limits than me) and I was amazed how fast you could get a car of that size round the track.

I was (am!) a complete novice on the track but for me it was a great experience - would love to do it again.
Good line up on that one Roger. Mine were: XKR, Exige, M12 GTO, Viper RT10 & a Diablo SV. The Diablo was awful. Noble was amazing, by far the best thing I have ever driven!
Appreciate 0