E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Strasburg is the TRUTH!

06-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #23
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

im not saying he isnt a good pitcher, im saying he isnt what they say he is...look what he did in AAA, they started hitting him before he got called up, IMO he will be another daisuke, but thats my opinion
      06-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #24
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
it was only documented me hitting 90+ in one tournament, the world wood bat championship in Jupiter FL, where i pitched against Rick porchello as he is my age, and a few other big leaguers, i didnt hit 90's until my senior year because i was so tall and didnt finish growing until about that age, i think my dad has the top velocity's in the tourney somewhere, but only people who paid for the membership to PG crosschecker could view their stuff, porchello hit 98 that day and scott boris signed him in the dugout, i unfortunately was a late bloomer and I got a lot of looks after that tourney but only got one serious offer from david jennings(google david jennings orioles) he is a scout for the orioles and got me a scholarship to the best juco in the state and i played for a year and walked away for personal reasons
It's Boras. I personally know some ex-MLB baseball players and they think his stuff is incredible. I think you are just bitter because he got the hype and made it to the majors but you are sitting here on a car forum talking about how you scored 5 touchdowns at Polk High.

Too bad you aren't an actual somebody because he could use it as motivation. But since you are a nobody, he'll just keep counting his millions.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #25
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
It's Boras. I personally know some ex-MLB baseball players and they think his stuff is incredible. I think you are just bitter because he got the hype and made it to the majors but you are sitting here on a car forum talking about how you scored 5 touchdowns at Polk High.

Too bad you aren't an actual somebody because he could use it as motivation. But since you are a nobody, he'll just keep counting his millions.
you are right, im a nobody...we will see how he turns out, but i bet his hype doesnt last more than a couple seasons

PS, do you know his story of quiting baseball because he was a big pussy, got a reality check and came back? didnt think so...i quite possibly could do the same as i could still go back but i just dont think id make it so im being truthful, you dont have to be a giant dick, i think you are bitter because I was talented and you have nothing to talk about but whats on ESPN
      06-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #26
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

I think he's pretty good, we'll see throughout the season how he pans out.

But to sell out a NATIONALS game- that's pretty damn impressive!
      06-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #27
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
I think he's pretty good, we'll see throughout the season how he pans out.

But to sell out a NATIONALS game- that's pretty damn impressive!
no its not, they havent had a single thing positive so far but him, they have been a terrible team since they started...but they are making great strides with the harper kid and stephen to try to boost the team, hopefully they become a contended for october in a few years
      06-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #28
Schm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

Quote:
no its not, they havent had a single thing positive so far but him, they have been a terrible team since they started...but they are making great strides with the harper kid and stephen to try to boost the team, hopefully they become a contended for october in a few years
Yes, and that's what I meant. Maybe I worded this wrong, but, being from Kansas City (home of one of the most consistently worst teams in the MLB, also home to Zach Grenke, last year's Cy Young winner), it's great when fans will come out in droves just to see one guy pitch. The national's have massive hurtles to overcome to even become a decent club, and I don't follow them enough to make an accurate assessment, as you apparently do, but I know that they also have been one of the worst franchises (as they got the 1st draft pick)
      06-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #29
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
you are right, im a nobody...we will see how he turns out, but i bet his hype doesnt last more than a couple seasons

PS, do you know his story of quiting baseball because he was a big pussy, got a reality check and came back? didnt think so...i quite possibly could do the same as i could still go back but i just dont think id make it so im being truthful, you dont have to be a giant dick, i think you are bitter because I was talented and you have nothing to talk about but whats on ESPN
Yes I do actually. I know more than ESPN and people can vouch for who I know. Let's just say I have a non-disclosure agreement somewhere.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 10:09 PM   #30
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schm View Post
Yes, and that's what I meant. Maybe I worded this wrong, but, being from Kansas City (home of one of the most consistently worst teams in the MLB, also home to Zach Grenke, last year's Cy Young winner), it's great when fans will come out in droves just to see one guy pitch. The national's have massive hurtles to overcome to even become a decent club, and I don't follow them enough to make an accurate assessment, as you apparently do, but I know that they also have been one of the worst franchises (as they got the 1st draft pick)
they are a new team, that happens and it takes a lot of money to build a club to contend, and they are spending that money right now which i was wondering if they would ever do...

and i like grenke, and a friend of mine knows alex gordon personally too
      06-08-2010, 10:13 PM   #31
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes I do actually. I know more than ESPN and people can vouch for who I know. Let's just say I have a non-disclosure agreement somewhere.
ive been following the kid since he quit the team because he couldnt run a lap and take the workouts etc.., he only got on the team because terry pendelton(i think) put his neck on the line for him to play and he didnt make it, came back later a phenom and is where he is now, i followed him because his story was simular to mine but not because i was a pussy, family issues etc..

edit: it might of been tony gwynn
      06-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #32
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
ive been following the kid since he got kicked off the team because he couldnt run a lap, he only got on the team because terry pendelton(i think) put his neck on the line for him to play and he didnt make it, came back later a phenom and is where he is now, i followed him because his story was simular to mine but not because i was a pussy, family issues etc..
That's nice? I don't know what you are trying to prove here.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #33
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's nice? I don't know what you are trying to prove here.
im not trying to prove anything, all of you think im just some guy making shit up, and im not...you try to jump on me because im disagreeing with the crowd, but my disagreement is educated, not just me hating on the kid

josh beckett had the best stuff ive ever seen when the bosox won their last WS, and what is he doing now? the best pitchers in the league are consistant, not just throw hard and have good pitches....
      06-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #34
SantaPimp27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow homie

Quote:
im not trying to prove anything, all of you think im just some guy making shit up, and im not...you try to jump on me because im disagreeing with the crowd, but my disagreement is educated, not just me hating on the kid

josh beckett had the best stuff ive ever seen when the bosox won their last WS, and what is he doing now? the best pitchers in the league are consistant, not just throw hard and have good pitches....
Very true. Throwing hard is not the key to being a great pitcher. I have two friends in the pro's that throw in the upper 90's and they got ripped in high school. They only had fastballs and were just not very polished pitchers. (I will admit that throwing hard does get you a very nice signing bonus in the pro's though lol)

Lol i mean i touched 87-88 in hs and couldnt pitch for shit so i stuck to the outfield

Back to Stasburg tho, not only does he throw a 100 mph fastball with movement, he's got a nasty off speed pitches. Hopefully his arm doesn't fall apart like Joba's did tho
      06-09-2010, 07:14 PM   #35
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaPimp27 View Post
Very true. Throwing hard is not the key to being a great pitcher. I have two friends in the pro's that throw in the upper 90's and they got ripped in high school. They only had fastballs and were just not very polished pitchers. (I will admit that throwing hard does get you a very nice signing bonus in the pro's though lol)

Lol i mean i touched 87-88 in hs and couldnt pitch for shit so i stuck to the outfield

Back to Stasburg tho, not only does he throw a 100 mph fastball with movement, he's got a nasty off speed pitches. Hopefully his arm doesn't fall apart like Joba's did tho
there are a dozen pitchers in the bigs that throw 100, but they cant control it so the big league pitching coaches change their mechanics and get them to around mid 90's throwing strikes, he is on a high horse right now because everyone is all over him, as soon as he starts to get hit AND HE WILL, that will show what type of pitcher he will be, the greatest pitchers have amazing amount of mental strength and dont get shaken, for instance Roy Halliday

porchello threw 98-99 but after 2 innings he was in the low 90's, with how small the big league strike zone is and the amazing eye that big leaguers have, he could throw 200 and if they arent strikes he will not be successful, if you had the world cheering you on how hard would it be for you to succeed? its when the whole world is against you and you succeed makes great pitchers

im not saying the kid wont be great, i just dont think he will be a 20 year starter...i think he will be a 4th or 5th starter or a closer in the end, his mental past shows he cant take hardships, so im waiting to see how he handles a few bad games or bad seasons before i call him the "truth"...Roy Halliday is the "truth"

Last edited by CollinsE90; 06-09-2010 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #36
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Can we call you "The Butthurt"?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #37
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
Can we call you "The Butthurt"?

i just view baseball in a different aspect because of the experiences i had, big league private camps etc...ive seen a lot of good players in my time, a lot of the top 5 round guys in the draft this year were in the same showcases with me and got drafted after their college run, i had a minor elbow surgery and other things that made me walk away, but im not judging this guy based on my past, even though you see it that way...i just have to see more from a player than one game or season to name him the "truth"
      06-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #38
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Oh I agree.. I was playin. Bringing a little OT into OT...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 01:08 PM   #39
SantaPimp27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow homie

Quote:
there are a dozen pitchers in the bigs that throw 100, but they cant control it so the big league pitching coaches change their mechanics and get them to around mid 90's throwing strikes, he is on a high horse right now because everyone is all over him, as soon as he starts to get hit AND HE WILL, that will show what type of pitcher he will be, the greatest pitchers have amazing amount of mental strength and dont get shaken, for instance Roy Halliday

porchello threw 98-99 but after 2 innings he was in the low 90's, with how small the big league strike zone is and the amazing eye that big leaguers have, he could throw 200 and if they arent strikes he will not be successful, if you had the world cheering you on how hard would it be for you to succeed? its when the whole world is against you and you succeed makes great pitchers

im not saying the kid wont be great, i just dont think he will be a 20 year starter...i think he will be a 4th or 5th starter or a closer in the end, his mental past shows he cant take hardships, so im waiting to see how he handles a few bad games or bad seasons before i call him the "truth"...Roy Halliday is the "truth"
I will say though, if you are 6'7" and threw 92, that alone would give you a good shot at getting drafted. Big pitchers always seem like they throw harder and 92 is still a little above average for the pro's. And with a frame that big, with some real weight training and conditioning you could easily pick up 3 mph on your fastball.

Take a guy like Joba, coming out of highschool he was a nobody. He threw 90 mph and was fat and out of shape. He went to Juco and got in shape. Then transferred and picked up 10 mph on his fastball. Now he's pitching in the big leagues.

The best scouts are the ones that can see the players that will be able to develop and continually get better. Not the guys that are already polished. Its all about size, speed and arm strength. Not how good you are.
      06-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #40
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslick82 View Post
If Dusty Baker isn't his manager, he'll be fine
Truth

He has 4 amazing pitches...WTF
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #41
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Are you talking about Rick Porcello? As a Tigers fan, I'm tired of him pitching.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #42
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
no its not, they havent had a single thing positive so far but him, they have been a terrible team since they started...
That's EXACTLY why it's impressive.
      06-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #43
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
im not trying to prove anything, all of you think im just some guy making shit up, and im not...
So you are trying to prove something.. That you're not just some guy making shit up. And you AREN'T just some guy, you're a KING on this internet forum dude!
      06-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #44
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Are you talking about Rick Porcello? As a Tigers fan, I'm tired of him pitching.
yea he was thought to be that good too when he came through, boras signed him in the fall before his last season and made it to the bigs really quick too, and he isnt the same pitcher they thought he was