E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 30BB (wasn't mosfets)

02-12-2024, 03:33 PM   #1
tofu?
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54

30BB (wasn't mosfets)

-mosfets tested fine; swapped all 6 anyway
-swapped coils, injectors, plugs; issue remains in same cylinder bank
-checked ground continuity at injector ground posts; no issue
-unplugged one cylinder at a time in the 4-6 bank, but all 3 still misfired.
-reflashed bef

Issue started during a cold start in the morning -- no problems or peculiarities leading up to it. Typical rough idle misfires, but the car doesn't stall.

Code pops up even with just ignition on (engine off) and won't clear.

30BB, etc, accompanied by 29f3, but from what I read, the car should run fine whether or not lpfp sensor is bad.

Any other ideas or wires to check?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 11:42 PM   #2
Warishuku
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E92 08 Nissan 350Z 03

I have the same problem right now.

Mosfets are OK, 30BB won't clear even shut off, and the car will start and run crappy.

Did you check the harness? Do a continuity test from the connector at the ECU (X06 for injectors and X04 for coils if I remember right) to the respective connectors at the injectors and coils. Mine was OK.

I've read something about the power supply of the DME going wrong, but I have no idea what part of the DME the power supply is located and I can't find any schematics of it.

Also, there is this link that explains what to check besides mosfets, but honestly, I find some of these explanations very badly executed. He talks briefly about some "current measurement resistors" and "the resistor, which is included in Gate circuit" but no pictures are provided.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2024, 05:03 PM   #3
tofu?
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54

I ended up replacing the dme and everything went back to normal. I guess there's more to it than just mosfets
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 12:15 AM   #4
Warishuku
Mexico
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E92 08 Nissan 350Z 03

Yeah, definitely.

I also bought an MSD81 from a junkyard, I was trying to get it paired with the CAS but people here charge a lot for just a 15-minute laptop job (1/3 of the equipment cost), so I decided to purchase a VVDI Bimtool Pro and do it myself, hopefully later I will do some jobs and recover the investments at some point in the future.

In my case, I am 99% sure something at the DME got damaged when a mouse chewed the intake manifold pressure sensor harness since the pressure sensor pins at the DME and the DME connector had a burnt mark on them.
Appreciate 0