E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > International BMW, Milwaukee, WI

09-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

International BMW, Milwaukee, WI

Three days ago, (day 1) I found a 2008 BMW 335i Sedan listed at $26,500. I contacted the sales department and was in contact with Arthur Setyan. I was still working some other deals so I told Arthur I would give him an offer the following day. Despite this he told me that he was taking the next day off so we would have to wait two days. Fine, this really isn't a big deal until.

Day 2: I got a little impatient and contacted Arthur to give him an offer on the day he was off. If he couldn't take care of me then I asked for someone else to speak to. He said he would take my offer, etc... I was worried that the car was going to get scooped up before I had a chance to send in an offer. He did not get back to me until the following day.

Day 3: He claims that he did not receive my email (maybe a simple mistake, I let it go) however the sticker price of the car has now gone up to $26,985. I am able to work my way down to $25,495 and the dealer will pay for shipping to me (I am located in New York). We come to a deal (verified through email) and after I apply for credit and hand in my credit information, he calls me and tells me that there was a "miscommunication" and that his final offer is $26,985 (the price after it was raised) and they would still cover shipping.

At this point, I am furious . I could not believe that after I started handing in personal information AND WE MADE A DEALLLLL that they would throw this offer in the garbage and increase the price by practically $1,500. In conclusion, I refuse to buy the car, the manager was completely useless and would not budge on the sticker price (which increased by $500 after I had made my initial offer which they happened to not receive). He would not even work with me considering I wasted three days of my time and effort. I am very disappointed and I do not understand how you can run a business when clearly the needs of the customer are not of the utmost importance.

SUMMARY: Now, I have a very tainted view on car buying. This was supposed to be my gift to myself after graduating with a Masters in Electrical Engineering and a fun experience. It has resulted in nothing but a huge disappointment.

Last edited by pgviper; 09-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Wrote down wrong dealership
Appreciate 0