E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > subframe bushings: powerflex yellow vs purple?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-12-2015, 05:44 AM   #199
mob17
Major General
mob17's Avatar
United Kingdom
320
Rep
5,621
Posts

Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Bumping this great thread.

Ive done some power upgrades recently and the rear of my 335d feels like its going towards the left at WOT. I'm on Ohlins and stock SF bushes. Would stiffer SF bushes help with this or could it be something else?
my 335i did the exact same thing. hasnt happened since i upgraded the rear subframe bushings. do it, you wont regret it!
Which ones did you go for?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 08:39 AM   #200
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2359
Rep
6,164
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Ive done some power upgrades recently and the rear of my 335d feels like its going towards the left at WOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks View Post
my 335i did the exact same thing. hasnt happened since i upgraded the rear subframe bushings. do it, you wont regret it!
You can look into differential lockdown kit. It will reduce the differential twist, wheel hop and help even out the torque distributed to wheels even on open differentials.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 08:41 AM   #201
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2359
Rep
6,164
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Which ones did you go for?
You can go with whiteline inserts. Next level would be M3 bushings, then polyurethane, derlin, and solid aluminum,
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #202
mob17
Major General
mob17's Avatar
United Kingdom
320
Rep
5,621
Posts

Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK

iTrader: (5)

Thanks for the advice. Some cheap AKG 75D ones have come up which i might snap up.

Some people say AKG dont have metal sleeves so could waste out sooner...?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 11:33 AM   #203
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2359
Rep
6,164
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Thanks for the advice. Some cheap AKG 75D ones have come up which i might snap up.

Some people say AKG dont have metal sleeves so could waste out sooner...?
AKG is local to me and been building BWM performance parts for probably 30 years now. Some people say stuff and most of them most of the time don't know what they are talking about. Whether is just the bolt or with a metal sleeve has next to zero difference on how fast they will wear out.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 01:25 PM   #204
robc1976
DIYER
robc1976's Avatar
424
Rep
5,532
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuer View Post
AKG is local to me and been building BWM performance parts for probably 30 years now. Some people say stuff and most of them most of the time don't know what they are talking about. Whether is just the bolt or with a metal sleeve has next to zero difference on how fast they will wear out.
they're end-links are complete garbage! My buddies wore out in 2 months, got another set abd they are already noisy. They won't warranty then either. Car has never seen track, never driven in rain.

Complete joke
__________________
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 01:59 PM   #205
feuer
Major General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
2359
Rep
6,164
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
they're end-links are complete garbage! My buddies wore out in 2 months, got another set abd they are already noisy. They won't warranty then either. Car has never seen track, never driven in rain.
Complete joke
We have all came across defective OEM parts too, so is all possible, but we are talking about completely different parts here and isn't correct to write off one product based on negative experience with something else. Additionally, how we can eliminate that the links weren't improperly installed and how they were used, we can't. I have had personal negative experience with BMW, Supreme Power, Ground Control, Koni, just to name few. Was it all off their products, no. Would I buy from them again, probably yes. Would others keep buying form them, absolutely yes...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2015, 06:10 PM   #206
mob17
Major General
mob17's Avatar
United Kingdom
320
Rep
5,621
Posts

Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK

iTrader: (5)

Got the AKG 75D ones now. Will get them fitted in a few weeks
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2015, 04:48 PM   #207
mob17
Major General
mob17's Avatar
United Kingdom
320
Rep
5,621
Posts

Drives: E92 335D
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: East Midlands, UK

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
Got the AKG 75D ones now. Will get them fitted in a few weeks
Well a few weeks have turned into 5 months. Still have the 75D AKG bushes, but have just taken delivery of the front and rear m3 arms (8 in total). Thinking i might as well get them all installed in time for Christmas

Any installation tips/advice for the 2 piece AKG subframe bushes?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST