E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dyno Day - 330i + AA Tune = Happyness

10-31-2011, 07:25 PM   #23
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

nice numbers. Whats the 330i dyno record? Anyone as much power as a 335? thatd sounds like a fun car.
      10-31-2011, 08:56 PM   #24
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Apex View Post
ya im super happy! but when i get the headers and o2 sims would i have to get my car reflashed for new mods?
For the best results and efficiency, I would suggest to get tuned for the headers and other mods. You shouldn't need to pay the full price again. I believe you can work something out with Active.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 09:29 PM   #25
LaLakers91tc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i 6MT

I should really go get my car dyno'd and try this tune
I have the pbx, but the gains you are posting seem really nice, and i don't think my pbx makes that much of a difference

Previous SGM E90 330i (R.I.P.)
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2011, 11:29 PM   #26
zfyusuf
BimmerMan
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I have a 07 328i and with it I have an AA tune and i personally don't feel like it is enough. I feel as if the trottle response on the tune is not enough and I'm debating on throughing on the pbx for the trottle remapping or a sprit booster...
what do you guys think? or even maybe the 3 stage intake manifold
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #27
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLakers91tc View Post
I should really go get my car dyno'd and try this tune
I have the pbx, but the gains you are posting seem really nice, and i don't think my pbx makes that much of a difference
ya i know i was happy with it i was thinking ide make like 212hp with tune so 220hp im more then happy
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #28
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfyusuf View Post
I have a 07 328i and with it I have an AA tune and i personally don't feel like it is enough. I feel as if the trottle response on the tune is not enough and I'm debating on throughing on the pbx for the trottle remapping or a sprit booster...
what do you guys think? or even maybe the 3 stage intake manifold
i have the sprint booster and when i have it set on mild it feels amaizng but when u have it set on race it kinda makes unneeded downshifts. so in race mode with it i always put it in DS and manuly shift it and it feels like a beast. lol but ide say go with the stage 3 intake first see how u like it and then go from there
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 12:02 AM   #29
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep

Anyone else with a 330 with aa tune and boltons got dyno numbers?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 12:32 AM   #30
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
Anyone else with a 330 with aa tune and boltons got dyno numbers?
SmooveB just got tuned with a Magnaflow catback and put down 220whp on the Eurocharged dyno.
      12-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #31
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep

im assuming he went with there tune as well ?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #32
Hooy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
im assuming he went with there tune as well ?
you know me lol.

He does have a catback though, and a good one at that. That might be your issue..
      12-19-2011, 12:48 AM   #33
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
you know me lol.

He does have a catback though, and a good one at that. That might be your issue..
i got my muffler and res's just awating more funds so i can install. and i might have to look into this tune as well my thing is once i delete my main cats can they run my o2's in loop so i dont pop a code? BTW u still got your tips i never picked them up from u.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 12:53 AM   #34
Hooy
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
i got my muffler and res's just awating more funds so i can install. and i might have to look into this tune as well my thing is once i delete my main cats can they run my o2's in loop so i dont pop a code? BTW u still got your tips i never picked them up from u.
The AA off-road tune you want is gonna be good. Just gotta get all your parts put on and then commit to a reflash. As for the code thing.. um.. idk. Ted would know, and he works closely with Active Autowerke.

What Magnaflow & resonator part #'s? And yeah, still got the tips. They're stuck to my muffler though lol.
      12-19-2011, 01:05 AM   #35
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The AA off-road tune you want is gonna be good. Just gotta get all your parts put on and then commit to a reflash. As for the code thing.. um.. idk. Ted would know, and he works closely with Active Autowerke.

What Magnaflow & resonator part #'s? And yeah, still got the tips. They're stuck to my muffler though lol.
well i gotta get the reflash cause i wont cut my main cats till i got money for it i dont wanan ride around with a SES light on i hate that. Well i know ted said he can run them in loop.
Systems gonna be ran just like the $$$$$$$$$$ Mangnaflow one. Muffler at rear by bumper and res befor axle
Part number's
#12198 $75
#10778 $10
#14415 $45

Cutting main cats $200
Exhaust Wrap $40
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #36
Smoove B
Urban Gorilla
United_States
Rep
Drives: oh six 330i 6MT

Quote:
SmooveB just got tuned with a Magnaflow catback and put down 220whp on the Eurocharged dyno.
Say what!?? Did I hear my name called?

Yeah, I went to Dyno Day at M-Power last Saturday. I had only planned to see what a few local vendors had to offer. But when Hooy told me that Eurocharged actually improved his HP over his previous generic tune, I decided to take the plunge.

So here's how the tune went. Jerry (master mind of Eurocharged) dynoed my car before and after the tune. The results of the tune were a 13 hp improvement and about 10 ft-lbs increase in torque. The attached dyno chart shows the before and after runs of 210.9 hp before the tune and 223.9 hp after. These numbers represent the best run of three in each case, both before the tune and after -- not the lowest of three runs before tuning to the highest run of three after tuning, which would inflate the numbers. I actually stood at the dyno machine and watched the curve being formed as Jerry performed the test. I should add here that on my '06 330i, six speed, I already had a Magnaflow #16539 cat back exhaust (~$670 including shipping from ebay), the euro N52 air box from ECS (~$420), and the Sprint Booster. Everything else is stock.

13 HP increase might not sound like a big increase. But, I'd guess it's the torque on the low end that really makes the difference. The torque gain was about 10 ft-lbs over a fairly wide range. Anyway, when I drove the car after the tune with Jerry’s helper on board, I was absolutely awed by the hasty/(umm, nasty) acceleration. At the nearest three lane road from the shop (Westpark), I let loose the newly tuned engine and could immediately sense that my car had major "Attitude." I slowed the car down to creep speed, and with a down shift, launched it in first gear. I watched the tach race up quickly, then from second gear the engine howled through the Magnaflow exhaust until I was reading the bumper sticker of the car I thought just a moment ago had a two block lead on me.

Jerry had told me that the increase in power and torque would be a nice kick when coupled with the manual tranny – and let me tell ya, he was right! Now back to the driving experience. I turned U-ey to go back to the shop and allowed more clear space between me and the traffic ahead. I then made a full throttle charge and actually chirped the tires (for the first time) when shifting into second gear and again into third gear… and this was with the DTC function engaged to limit wheel spin.

Thanks to Eurocharged, I now comprehend, first-hand, the meaning of a sub 6.0 second, 0 to 60 mph acceleration. The trick is that I need shift only once. Yep, I could have turned 60 mph in 2nd gear, easily.

It goes without saying, the car’s performance turned out to be better than I thought. I believe the usable power for my style is in the 2600 to 5400rpm range. There’s good low end torque for launching from first and second gears and the power just keeps coming in the motor’s higher rpm range.

Well, that's the rap on my Eurocharged tune. So, u want sum? Call the tunemaster Jerry at Eurocharged. They're on the 'net. He can hook you up.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Eurocharged tune_E90 330i.pdf (195.5 KB, 111 views)

Last edited by Smoove B; 12-23-2011 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 07:02 PM   #37
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoove β View Post
Say what!?? Did I hear my name called?

Yeah, I went to Dyno Day at M-Power last Saturday. I had only planned to see what a few local vendors had to offer. But when Hooy told me that Eurocharged actually improved his HP over his previous generic tune, I decided to take the plunge.

So here's how the tune went. Jerry (master mind of Eurocharged) dynoed my car before and after the tune. The results of the tune were a 13 hp improvement and about 10 ft-lbs increase in torque. The attached dyno chart shows the before and after runs of 210.9 hp before the tune and 223.9 hp after. These numbers represent the best run of three in each case, both before the tune and after -- not the lowest of three runs before tuning to the highest run of three after tuning, which would inflate the numbers. I actually stood at the dyno machine and watched the curve being formed as Jerry performed the test. I should add here that on my '06 330i, six speed, I already had a Magnaflow #16539 cat back exhaust (~$670 including shipping from ebay), the euro N52 air box from ECS (~$420), and the Sprint Booster. Everything else is stock.

13 HP increase might not sound like a big increase. But, I'd guess it's the torque on the low end that really makes the difference. The torque gain was about 10 ft-lbs over a fairly wide range. Anyway, when I drove the car after the tune with Jerry’s helper on board, I was absolutely awed by the hasty/(umm, nasty) acceleration. At the nearest three lane road from the shop (Westpark), I let loose the newly tuned engine and could immediately sense that my car had major "Attitude." I slowed the car down to creep speed, and with a down shift, launched it in first gear. I watched the tach race up quickly, then from second gear the engine howled through the Magnaflow exhaust until I was reading the bumper sticker of the car I thought just a moment ago had a two block lead on me.

Jerry had told me that the increase in power and torque would be a nice kick when coupled with the manual tranny – and let me tell ya, he was right! Now back to the driving experience. I turned U-ey to go back to the shop and allowed more clear space between me and the traffic ahead. I then made a full throttle charge and actually chirped the tires (for the first time) when shifting into second gear and again into third gear… and this was with the DTC function engaged to limit wheel spin.

Thanks to Eurocharged, I now comprehend, first-hand, the meaning of a sub 6.0 second, 0 to 60 mph acceleration. The trick is that I need shift only once. Yep, I could have turned 60 mph in 2nd gear, easily.

It goes without saying, the car’s performance turned out to be better than I thought. I believe the usable power for my style is in the 2600 to 5400rpm range. There’s good low end torque for launching from first and second gears and the power just keeps coming in the motor’s higher rpm range.

Well, that's the rap. So, u want sum? Call the tunemaster Jerry at Eurocharged. They're on the 'net. He can hook you up.
I was thinking of goin with jerry for a tune but idk if he can cancle out my SES light from Cat Delete. Thats my only main issue and the AA off road tune dose that.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 07:25 PM   #38
Smoove B
Urban Gorilla
United_States
Rep
Drives: oh six 330i 6MT

Well, I s'pose it wouldn't hurt if you'd call and axe him.
Or, you might just install the mods and see if you're okay with the performance.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
      12-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #39
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoove β View Post
Well, I s'pose it wouldn't hurt if you'd call and axe him.
Or, you might just install the mods and see if you're okay with the performance.

Good luck, whatever you decide.
ya gonna call and ask him and see if maybe i get the tt tune if he can work around it u know
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #40
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
I was thinking of goin with jerry for a tune but idk if he can cancle out my SES light from Cat Delete. Thats my only main issue and the AA off road tune dose that.
They can.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #41
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
We would turn it off. You will not be able to trick the smog scanners.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #42
DJ Apex
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
We would turn it off. You will not be able to trick the smog scanners.
ya well as long as i dont have a ses light on ill pass my inspection here in texas
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 02:08 AM   #43
Beemw335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

How is this possible a 330i is 260 hp no??
It made 198 with intake and muffler delete. Ok I expect some drivetrain loss..but damnn??
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 08:45 AM   #44
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

yea that number seems really low for a 330. i made 198 whp on my 328xi with just the performance exhaust and intake in 91 octane.
Appreciate 0