E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Track results after some more tuning 12.686@108.98

03-10-2007, 08:16 PM   #23
rflow
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench View Post
Also rflow has an auto and shiv's is a 6 speed, which could mean the 2mph is hiding in the gearing.
I also believe the larger diameter 275 might be hurting my trap speed. Need to go out there and re-run with the factory run-flats after the mods.

If we really want to get technical the difference is only 1.71. LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #24
hotrod182
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench View Post
Also rflow has an auto and shiv's is a 6 speed, which could mean the 2mph is hiding in the gearing.
Does it seem like the Steptronics are turning better times at the dragstrip?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #25
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=Driver72;760361]Rflow's results are nice to be sure, but without an apples to apples comparison on the SAME track with equal modifications, until they release dyno numbers of their tune (HP and Torque increases over stock) we can't really say how it compares to the PROcede.

And in all fairness, Shiv's car posted a 111+ mph trap time. That would indicate Shiv's PROcede car with exhaust is making more power with 2+ mph higher trap speeds. Sure, Rflow's ET was faster, but he was also on DR's not the stock tires (that Shiv's car was on) that spin WAY too easily to get traction and get ET's in the 12's with the PROcede and exhaust tuned. And I believe Shiv's car was tested on 91 Octane tune as well, not 93.

But again, it would require the two be tested on the same track or same dyno on the same day to really know for sure.

Rflow, have you tried a run on your stock (or normal street) tires with your tune??
If you haven't, you should and post those results for comparison sake too.[/
QUOTE]

Why should he do that, to satisfy all the procede owners? Its true Shiv's car trapped 111 I believe but no other Procede car has come anywhere close to that number at the track so far, even those with an exhaust. Until one does, I dont think you can use that as much of a benchmark.

We all know the Procede makes great power and more torque than anyone else so far, but this is the fastest timeslip on a 335i period. I don't think rflow came on here to say AA's tune is better than Procede, he simply showed us the slip which speaks for itself.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:21 PM   #26
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

price on the AA tune please? Thanks! Send me a PM if you don't want to say it on the forum.

Carlos
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #27
rflow
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
price on the AA tune please? Thanks! Send me a PM if you don't want to say it on the forum.

Carlos
Carlos, truth be told i don't know. I personally think it's ready for the public, so I'm hopeful they will release all pertinent info soon..
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #28
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
[QUOTE=radgator1;760661]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
We all know the Procede makes great power and more torque than anyone else so far, but this is the fastest timeslip on a 335i period.
Actually, it's the quickest. Not the fastest Great results though. Maybe rflow can come out here and drive my car for me! As for engine management, isn't AA using an Xede?

-shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #29
musc
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [10.00]
Something else to consider is that when you are hooking, trap speed can go down. And as we all know, different tracks, weather conditions, etc etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #30
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep

Thnaks for being honest but I don't get it. You posted your timeslips with your mods which means that your car was tuned. Did they tune your car but did not charge you yet or did they tune your car for free?

I appreciate all the info you gave us so far, I am a bit confused, just need that clarification.

Carlos
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #31
rflow
Private
Rep

[QUOTE=shiv@vishnu;760686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radgator1 View Post

Actually, it's the quickest. Not the fastest Great results though. Maybe rflow can come out here and drive my car for me! As for engine management, isn't AA using an Xede?

-shiv
Thanks Shiv. As i stated earlier your traps are still the benchmark at least for me anyway.

In regards to the other question any info will have to come directly from AA not from me.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:52 PM   #32
rflow
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
Thnaks for being honest but I don't get it. You posted your timeslips with your mods which means that your car was tuned. Did they tune your car but did not charge you yet or did they tune your car for free?

I appreciate all the info you gave us so far, I am a bit confused, just need that clarification.

Carlos
Carlos as you know nothing is for free. I have not been charged yet but once they feel the product is ready for release i will be. So in the end what my testing will earn me is a discounted price and a lot of enjoyment.

regards Albert
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #33
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Too many to list

yo rflow. Hahah I was wondering where i knew your name from man

I chill over the mb forums from time to time, just to check news and stuff. nice to see a MB guy get a bimmer.

Hahahah
Ferrari 575 SA, 458 Italia
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #34
Prestigefrzn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
As for engine management, isn't AA using an Xede?
-shiv

I love how you throw that in there. I thought you would have asked sooner though

Rflow, keep up the good work. I am going to be ordering my wheels in about a week or so (898r). Anyways, glad to see you are letting everyone know about something other than PROcede (no disrespect shiv ). AA will be releasing information about this tune real shortly. Dyno test/tune are still being made. From what I hear, results will be real competitive :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #35
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep

Albert,

Thank you soo much, that is exactly what I best guessed. I am not new at all to the tuning world, I have had all kinds of tuning methods and piggybacks and what not, specifically I had a little bit of each(UTEC with custom tune on a WRX, DSMLINK on my Eclipse GSX, mail-in flash on my Evo 9, custom tune on my Evo 8 MR) just to name a few

Your information is very very important that is why I want it to know. I sent Shiv a message on Evo M forum, I told him I am very interested on his product and I am willing to be a guinea pig for my upcoming BMW 355i as far is track and dyno sort of speak.

Thnaks for your response

Carlos
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #36
Prestigefrzn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post

I chill over the mb forums from time to time, just to check news and stuff. nice to see a MB guy get a bimmer.

Hahahah

Boy how fast his MB is...... I have to hear about it almost every day... His E55 is sick.....
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #37
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep

Whomever tuner releases a remote switch for different maps will own the business. It is paramount to be able to switch maps for different gas demands.

I hope prices will become more competitive as well.

Carlos
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #38
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep

Hahah ya e55's in general are sick
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #39
rflow
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige335i View Post
I love how you throw that in there. I thought you would have asked sooner though

Rflow, keep up the good work. I am going to be ordering my wheels in about a week or so (898r). Anyways, glad to see you are letting everyone know about something other than PROcede (no disrespect shiv ). AA will be releasing information about this tune real shortly. Dyno test/tune are still being made. From what I hear, results will be real competitive :rocks:
Thanks, that ride of yours is going to look wicked with 898r's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walked U View Post

Hahahah
Bro ,a BMW with good torque is all it took. The 335i is just an awesome car no matter what brand you like. I hate to throw anybody under the bus but there are others like me lurking around from mbworld.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #40
Walked U
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflow View Post

Bro ,a BMW with good torque is all it took. The 335i is just an awesome car no matter what brand you like. I hate to throw anybody under the bus but there are others like me lurking around from mbworld.
Hahah chill
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 10:05 PM   #41
y2b3k
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328i

So i'm guessing that AA is also a chip, based on Xede/ProCede... This means that it won't be a ECU flash, right? If that's the case, then there is going to be some serious competition between Vishu and AA if the dyno results are similar... But guys, seriously tho, if I were AA I would charge around $1200-1500 (just an educated prediction)

The reason being, Vishu/ProCede has already set a market price, and the demand/supply seems decent. So if AA charged too much, i.e. $2000, then ppl would just buy the ProCede even if it gave them a little slower time slip. But if AA charged a lower price, then a flock of people will move to AA and the Supply > Demand, thus AA wouldn't be maximizing it's profits (Managerial Economics)

Basically, it's going to come down to the result... If AA can garner better results w/ a repeatable time slip as evidence, then they could charge as much, or a bit more than the ProCede. But if the results are a dissappointment, then they would have to sell their "chip" at a discount price, or re-tune their product, in order to steal some market share from Vishu. LOL, the beauty of economics...

However, if the AA tune produces good or even better results, then it may cause Shiv to eventually discount his ProCede or retune his "chip" in order to regain some customers etc...

The beauty of a free-market economy and competition. Yes for competition, No to Monopolies!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 10:21 PM   #42
radgator1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
[QUOTE=shiv@vishnu;760686]
Quote:
Originally Posted by radgator1 View Post

-shiv
Good point, I stand corrected. On the other hand wasn't that 111 around the time of the the Edmund's article? I have heard that car manufacturers and tuners have a tendency to provide a juiced test car that puts out a little more boost/power than the production units. Since you are the master with the laptop in hand and your car only had to run its very fastest for a day or two for a National/International Edmund's article wouldn't it have been tempting to push the reliability envelope a bit?
You have to admit that the other Procede trap speeds have been no where close to your 111 even with exhaust and DR. Maybe someone else will hit that number again but so far it looks like its going to take about a 4-7 MPH improvement in trap speed which is huge.

Then again we don't have many points on the curve yet so we may well see some other Proceded 335's hit that number again. This all gets better all the time. It will be fun to see the safe limits on this car on stock turbos.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #43
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep

Anyone correct me if I am wrong but I have this certain feeling that there are only very few BMW 355i owners that actually had raced their cars in the track.
There are even fewer of 335I that actually have any performance mods at all. What I perceive is that somone that runs 12s is like a bombshell on this forum. It is the matter of time and the matter of having more BMW owners to actually take their cars to the track and start racing at the 1/4 mile to improve their times so that we can start seeing some fast times.

As I said before, we haven't seen many other fast BMW 335i because there are truly not many modded ones yet and because they are a hand full of them that actually race their cars much at all.

My perception about Shiv's car is that he hasn't spent enough time at the track, I know for a fact he is very experienced on driving is just what I have been saying all along, lack of track time on this car.

I am confident we have many other talented people on this forum, we just need to challenge ourselves to break the 12 sec barrier.

My .2c

Carlos
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #44
jusbechillin
/|/|uffin/|/|an
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Gray BMW 335I coupe

Ill be at the track the weekend I get my PROcede!
Just waiting for my #....
Appreciate 0