E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2007 328xi p0326 code

07-14-2016, 11:35 PM   #1
marcti
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328xi

2007 328xi p0326 code

I just bought a 2007 328xi about a month ago and we have been getting a p0326 code (knock sensor fault). The first time it came on was when we filled up with suspect gas. We brought it into a bmws repair shop and they told us to put octane booster in, which we did and he cleared the codes. The code keeps coming back and I have been back to his shop an additional time and he still thinks it was the Gas and he did another reset. I also have a cheap scan tool and I have reset it a couple of times hoping that with good gas the problem would fix itself. The code seems to come on every 200-300 km. Before it would come on under very minimal or no throttle, but now it comes on during harder acceleration (nothing near WOT). The car is a 2007 and only has 70,000km on it and looks to be in great shape and was purchased from a BMW dealer. I cannot take the car back to the dealer we bought it from as I do not live near it. Any suggestions wouId be greatly appreciated! The car drives fine and there is nothing other than the CEL light indicating that is something wrong. I guess i shouldn’t have bought the old ladies car that was never driven. please help as we want to start fully enjoying our new ride!
Appreciate 0