E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > idrive software update(not firmware)

11-11-2021, 06:17 AM   #1
jacques1959
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e91lci/nbt-evo

idrive software update(not firmware)

Hi all,
I retrofiited nbt evo id6 into a e91 from 2009.
All working nicely, HU and atm are a matched pair out off a totall'd wreck.
the problem i have is this: when i try to update the idrive software with software i downloaded from bmw after filling in my vin number i get a message "this update is not compatible with your car".
my HU has the original vin from a f36 from 2018 but this vin is not showing in the update menu on screen.
someone has a fix?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 09:30 PM   #2
MadJoe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Garage List
Could you explain exactly how you got your car to even recognize there was an update on the USB stick? I'm trying to update mine, downloaded the update directly from BMW NA's website for my VIN, and even though the update is on the stick and the iDrive recognizes the stick is plugged in (it shows up in the external devices menu) it never gives me the option to install the update. USB is 16GB formatted in FAT32, update is the only thing on the stick. I've plugged it into both USB ports, neither work.

I also have 3 other brands of 32GB sticks, also FAT32 and only have the update on them, all recognized by iDrive, none get iDrive to offer to update.

Navigation has the circle and check in the lower left corner (although the maps are still 2010 Premium NA, so that needs to be upgraded as well, but I'd like to get bluetooth streaming enabled first and foremost, so I'm not focusing on that right now).
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 11:44 AM   #3
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

This does not update I drive software.

It only updates the device tables to permit connections with now very old devices.

At the time that patch was created the table update was needed for iPhone 4's and 5's.

Now an ilevel update handles it and the firmware/software.
Appreciate 0