E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > New N54 5-10 v5 PWM maps/firmware

05-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #23
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

Send a message via AIM to themyst
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
There is definitely something a little funny going on with the most recent BMW software update. But those meth logs I posted today were with that very same car (6MT however) that got it's DME software updated 2 weeks ago. The one that showed the post-shift retard when it was first tested upon delivery. But now, all the post shift retard is gone. So it's something that we know we can fix. We just have to figure out how we did it. And how to do it without meth.

shiv
Wouldn't it have been nice to simply state as such instead of blaming meth kits or hardware for shitty post-shift timing? Glad to see you acknowledge it's a bug in the Procede finally.
      05-11-2011, 08:21 AM   #24
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
sent ! I can't wait for my cruise to be fixed.... there was a real risk of losing my license or at least a ticket without it !! This car just flipping ROCKETS !!

I am getting really pumped about the new meth kit, DIC and autotuning - I thought the car was fast now (and it is).... I can't wait.
      05-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #25
chumley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335

Sent.

MHD flash, DCI, BMW PE, ETS FMIC, Powerflex, SWS8xi's, VMR 803's in Solar Rain, LUX V4
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #26
Autobahn335i
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Good to see the problems are finally being acknowledged and worked on. Now I'm just waiting on the maps for 6AT.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Íhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #27
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
There is definitely something a little funny going on with the most recent BMW software update. But those meth logs I posted today were with that very same car (6MT however) that got it's DME software updated 2 weeks ago. The one that showed the post-shift retard when it was first tested upon delivery. But now, all the post shift retard is gone. So it's something that we know we can fix. We just have to figure out how we did it. And how to do it without meth.

shiv

Thanks for that update!

I truly appreciate knowing what is going on with my car.......and in spite of the hiccups with the BETA maps, my car still feels great overall.

The part-throttle response on the procede still satisfies me everyday........even though I'm not using the DIC right now.

Hang-on...that just doesn't sound right at all
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #28
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Wouldn't it have been nice to simply state as such instead of blaming meth kits or hardware for shitty post-shift timing? Glad to see you acknowledge it's a bug in the Procede finally.
Read my post again. And please stop stalking me
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #29
marcvtec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmeyer87 View Post
Is that what I've been feeling on the shift from 2nd to 3rd and sometimes 3rd to 4th? It's like a dip in power... super temporary, like 1/2 second, but it's annoying. I got the Procede after the software update... so I don't have anything to compare it to.
No thats shift lag I get this once in a while too,
Before in the software there was a lag fix on/off
On the new software it has been removed for some reason.

Can we get it back Shiv?
      05-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #30
Schnitzel
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Does the speed delimiter work with these new beta maps? Unfortunately, it didn't work with the DIC 3-30 beta maps. Since the speed delimiter doesn't work together with meth, when do you offer a solution for that "problem"?
      05-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #31
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

YES! these are going on as soon as I get home from work.

I'll test them out at Sac Raceway tonight if it doesn't rain. Anyone else down?

**edit oh darn just saw the MT only part.....let me know if you want a local AT tester with an Aquamist**
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /

Last edited by Syndicategt; 05-11-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #32
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzel View Post
Does the speed delimiter work with these new beta maps? Unfortunately, it didn't work with the DIC 3-30 beta maps. Since the speed delimiter doesn't work together with meth, when do you offer a solution for that "problem"?
The dpeed de-limiter should have always worked. But it's just turn off by default in the user adjustable menu. Once you turn it on, it should work. If you did that and it still didn't work, perhaps the bug that caused cruise control to drop out intermittently on some cars also caused the same issue in those particular cars. It's hard for me to know because our test cars have had neither problem. Which is why i'm eager to send these updates into the field. Just collecting some more emails and should send off the update later tonight!

Lol... we will offer an inexpensive little add-on device to do the speed delimiter function for those who run PWM meth. Kind of an overkill/waste using the fully mappable digital output in the Procede to do a simple digital frequency clamp.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #33
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsTech View Post
Shiv, which one you like most between DIC and no-DIC map? And what are the differences?

Thanks!
I prefer the DIC map. But there a few of you guys who want to see the difference for yourself while holding all other mapping variables constant. I suspect everyone will feel the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #34
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Read my post again. And please stop stalking me
Read what again? You acknowledged an issue I pointed out which u originally tried to blame on hardware. I'm giving you kudos for manning up and acknowledging there's a problem instead of blaming hardware. I think history shows you need to have a fire lit under your ass before you take action. Sorry shiv I don't like you in that way
      05-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #35
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Read what again? You acknowledged an issue I pointed out which u originally tried to blame on hardware. I'm giving you kudos for manning up and acknowledging there's a problem instead of blaming hardware. I think history shows you need to have a fire lit under your ass before you take action. Sorry shiv I don't like you in that way
Hey Ben, the post shift retard is caused a change in the DME software. Not something wrong in the Procede mapping which has been unchanged for a long time in that respect. You have been trying to point fingers at DIC functionality as to the culprit behind this. What you fail to realize that DIC mapping is disabled when IC is set to 0%. So if you run race gas/meth with IC set to 0% AND you still see the post shift retard, you are looking at another cause outside of the Procede. Thank you. Now please stay out of this thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #36
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Hey Ben, the post shift retard is caused a change in the DME software. Not something wrong in the Procede mapping which has been unchanged for a long time in that respect. You have been trying to point fingers at DIC functionality as to the culprit behind this. What you fail to realize that DIC mapping is disabled when IC is set to 0%. So if you run race gas/meth with IC set to 0% AND you still see the post shift retard, you are looking at another cause outside of the Procede Thank you. Now please stay out of this thread.
Actually it IS DIC related as evidenced by this log on 3-30 at 14 psi 100% IC. so instead of making false assumptions, fix the tune for the sake of all your users. I'll stay out now.
      05-11-2011, 01:02 PM   #37
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Actually it IS DIC related as evidenced by this log on 3-30 at 14 psi 100% IC. so instead of making false assumptions, fix the tune for the sake of all your users. I'll stay out now.
You don't understand. So instead of explaining things to you again, I'll show you what to do.

Compare DME Advance with Actual Advance. You will see that they are the same. Which means that there is no ignition correction for that run. You can confirm this by looking at Ign Correction which is always logged. If it's 0 deg, there is no ignition correction. Which is the same thing as running 0% IC.

You really should stop now.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #38
Maddawg58
Welcome to the Thunderdome!
North Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 335i 6MT

E-mail sent, thanks.....
      05-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #39
ttbmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: space gray on black 07 335i

Send a message via MSN to ttbmer Send a message via Skype™ to ttbmer
Im currently running the BETA maps 3-30 but i dont have Any Any issues at all! Not one of the issues. Is it worth for me to update to this firmware?
PROCEDE, PWM Vishnu Kit, AR catless DP, BMS DCI, Helix IC, P3 gauge, 25% window tint, mattblack window trim, mattblack roof wrapped. Vorstainer CSL trunk, CF wrapped interior, 18'' Forgestar F14 Matt black, quaife LSD, M3 suspension bits, Mtech front bumper). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8JIB8C8HDA
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 04:02 PM   #40
bahn stormer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB

I had a couple misfires on the 3-30 maps with MT. I suspected that it was the plugs as they were original with 43k miles. Anyways I replaced the plugs and did many, many pulls to 5.5k over the last week. My problem is definately fixed. Very smooth and best response I have felt with the Procede so far.

I am posting this to raise awareness to anyone with similar problems to try replacing the plugs first.

The old plugs do look like they have "High Speed Glazing" when comparing them to pictures in a Haynes Manual. The manual states to consider colder plugs. This has been discussed on the forums in the past but never really proven to help. I wonder if the newer maps will actually benefit from colder plugs.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #41
smellfish
No one on the corner has stagger like us
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E90

Sent. Thanks for working out the cruise/long crank issues.
      05-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #42
secretsquirrel
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i nFifty4LiFe

sent
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #43
dzenno
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives:

I tried it and the car starts up much faster now...however, for some reason it just doesn't sound like a normal start, just a bit too quick now lol don't think its really stock exactly...bah, it could just be me..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #44
stltri
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i M-Sport

Email sent! Had three out the four problems noted above..

Thanks for the update Shiv!!
Appreciate 0