E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Wastegate adjustement rod question

06-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
jokergerm
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Wastegate adjustement rod question

I just tried to tighten my wastegate rod to help the fucking rattle and it did nothing at all

From what i read this means its the front turbo

Is there a reason i cant but the car on my lift and do the same adjustment to the front turbo rod? or does it not have one?:

I just want to make sure i did this properly

I loosened the 10mm nut and tightened the rod meaning pulling it towards the front of the car pulling the rod away from the wastegate? or did i do this backwards

I think it go worse after i did this, i turned it about 2.5 turns im going to put it back
Maybe i should just get some RB turbos, this noise is driving me nuts people stare at the car like WTF is that when it happens. I just think to my self ya ya its my POS 30k BMW, the dealer says its normal thanks BMW............ FU!!

EDIT: now im really lost, i just read another thread about this mod and it says facing the front of the car, meaning looking at the engine from the front of the car turn the rod clockwise, that makes the rod longer? i thought we wanted to tighten the rod(making it shorter by pulling it out of the wategate area more

Are we trying to put the rod farther into the little cast threaded peice where the 10mm nut seats up to or pull the rod out of that little fitting?

Last edited by jokergerm; 06-05-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
Topless///M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6mt, 94 probe gt

Adjust the rod from the top facing the firewall/windshield and rotating it counter-clockwise away from the block. You loosened the 10mm nut the opposite way clockwise towards the block (if facing windshield) so it's just the reverse, counter-clockwise to tighten rod, and then retighten the nut counter-clockwise also.
Appreciate 0