E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Need to change my E90 X-Drive suspension

08-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #1
RBGodZilla
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 11 N55 m/t

Need to change my E90 X-Drive suspension

Hi Guys, my suspension is dead on my 2011 E90 335i X-Drive.

I would like to get advise for the best choice.
I daylie drive the car, it will drive in snow and cold temperature.
There is a lot of bumps and pot holes where I live so don't want something too stiff.

I'm looking for 1'' to 2'' inch drop max. Something ''good'' for 4 seasons. Stiffer than the OEM but I don't want to jump of my seat on every bumps.
Blistein, KW, ST, BC...?

I also would like to know where to buy them. I'm living in Canada and I don't want to get bad surprises with the customs.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
Rick328
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 328 xDrive ZSP

Garage List
2009 328 xDrive  [10.00]
Hi

I just did mine on a 2009 328i xdrive. I already had Eibach pro-kit springs (made for non xdrive) for 4 years on stock shocks, which were pretty soft and floaty. I went with Bilstein B8. Stiffer than stock? yes, but surprinsignly not that much when considering my old shocks had over 115k km. City driving on poor roads, you will notice a difference but not a day&night difference. On highway, no difference. Overall much better control over any type of roads, including bridges expansion joints and potholes so I recommend it. Look into the B12 kit since it comes as a complete kit with the Eibach springs.

Being in Canada too, I wanted something heavy-duty for our winters where you sometimes cannot see/avoid potholes and with salt which will induce corrosion on lower grade shocks. I purchased them from Bilstein Canada / Essex distributor in BC. They were on back order when I ordered in March, I received them at the end of June. Communication was very good for the B/O estimated arrival date.

Bye
Appreciate 0