E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Service and Warranty extension?

04-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
jetblackbmw325
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Service and Warranty extension?

Hi,
my service/warranty is about to expire (I'm close to 50K miles) and I was wondering if it was a good idea to extend either service or warranty or both.
It looks like service is a good deal (it includes brakes/rotors replacement I guess), but what about the warranty? The dealer told me that if I never had big problems w/ the car I shouldn't worry about that.
What is your experience/recommendation? Also, does each dealer offer a different price or it doesn't matter where I shop? Any negotiation possible here?
thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
iheartsole
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

i would'nt get it. how much are they quoting you? 2k-3k? unless, you use your car as a dd. then it might be worth it to extend your warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
SoCalTech
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW yet...

If you're interested, I can get you the number of a good person to talk to about extending the warranties. PM me if you're interested. Check your BC and see what services are coming up after you hit 50k miles. That will let you know how much money you're facing in the near future.
Appreciate 0