E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2007 BMW 335XI 98k miles. Philly

01-17-2020, 11:37 PM   #1
markg21
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 335xi

2007 BMW 335XI 98k miles. Philly

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 6,000.00

Item Interest
I’m selling my 2007 BMW 335xi. Car runs well and I bought it in 2011 at ~50k miles and have owned it ever since. I have not used it a ton since buying it. Putting roughly 5300 miles on it per year. For the last five years it has mostly sat street parked as I walked to work and only used the car on the weekends.

Located in Philadelphia, PA.

2007 BMW 335xi Sedan
3.0L Twin-turbo Engine
Asking $6000 OBO
Exterior Color: Gray
Interior Color: Black
6 speed manual
AWD
No mods
98,5xx Mileage
Clean Title in hand
Carfax Report in hand
Inspection due 7/2020

As far as options go, I'm not totally sure what packages the car has. Hopefully the pics can help here. Car has heated front seats and split folding rear seats. No nav system. Has 2 saved seat settings, garage door opener, auto dim rearview mirror, bluetooth for phone calls only, Aux cord in center console.

Will post pics shortly. Only picture I have available was used to attempt to dispute a parking ticket with the Philly Parking Authority (Good luck).

**EDIT - posted additional pics.

Had oil changes done every ~5-6k miles or annually, whatever was sooner. Most recent oil change done on 1/16/20

Work done:

Two weeks after purchasing the car in May 2011, The transfer case motor failed and was replaced under extended warranty I purchased. Work was done by BMW dealer in Reading, PA.

In January 2015, 77k miles, had all six ignition coils and plugs replaced at the local BMW dealer.

In September 2015, (estimated 80k miles) car was backed into and needed body work done on the front end. Front bumper, grill, driver side headlight assembly and driver side fender were all replaced. Work order cost ~$2,856

Had 20% tint done all the way around including rear window. Front passenger side window was broken into in 2016 and I had it replaced the same day (welcome to philly). I never had the tint redone on that window.

In September 2017, ~89k miles, I had the driver side rear window regulator/lifter replaced
Also had an oil filter housing leak upon inspection at the local BMW Dealer. As a result, i had the oil filter housing gasket replaced, also had belt and pulleys replaced, coolant flush and oil changed. Work done by local BMW dealer

In May 2018, ~90k miles, the valve cover gasket was replaced due to an oil leak. Repair by Helix motorsports in Philadelphia (Manayunk)

December 2018, had the lower steering column shaft and U joint replaced.

Pros:
Interior is in great shape. Passengers are always surprised at the condition of the interior for the age of the car.

New brakes (rotors and pads) in July 2019 and have ~3k miles on them

New tires in June 2018 and have ~5k miles on them. Have bridgestone driveguard run flats on the car now. Passenger side tail light was also replaced at this time due to a crack in the plastic

Oil just changed on 1/16/20 and had blower wiring and regulator replaced under recall. Work completed at local BMW dealer.

Up to date on all BMW recalls.

Cons:

Small dent on the hood

Scrape on bumper on driver side from curb rash. Otherwise bumper looks good since it was replaced 20k miles ago in 2015 as mentioned earlier.

Rear brake pad sensor is faulty causing “brake” light to be on on dash. As mentioned brakes only have ~3k miles or so. 38 dollar part to fix.

Typical wastegate rattle most of these cars eventually develop.

Slow oil leak from head cover and braided vacuum hose. Quoted $700 in parts to fix this leak from dealership. Local Indy would do this for about $800 including parts and labor.

Thrust Arm bushing is split. Quoted $200 in parts by dealership to fix this. Browsing the forums, it looks like people have gotten a new part to fix this for about $100. Appears to be an easy DIY, but I don’t have the equipment/garage space to do it.

The passenger side rear window occasionally gets stuck down for a moment. Likely needs new regulator/lifter just like I had replaced in the other rear window. Indy cost quote of $300 or so to repair.

My local Indy would likely do all the above work for about $1300-$1500. I have adjusted the price accordingly. Another possible scenario is that I could have this work done for a buyer and move the sale price up a bit.

Car still runs great but obviously needs some work. I am sad to part ways with it because I still love driving it with the manual trans. But need to upgrade to newer car for job related travel. If I was good at DIY I would make repairs myself and keep as a weekend car as it is getting harder and harder to find a manual trans. these days.

Is an ideal car for someone with DIY knowledge. A BMW mechanic wanted to purchase the car off of me when I had the head cover gasket replaced in 2018, but I was not looking to sell at the time.

Attached Images

Last edited by markg21; 01-20-2020 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 0