E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Has Anyone Installed the E92 Subwoofer Enclosure packages from Musicar?

09-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #1
Sherj
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe

Has Anyone Installed the E92 Subwoofer Enclosure packages from Musicar?

Has anyone brought and installed E92 subwoofer enclosure packages from Musicar? How long did it take for you to receive the Sub-enclose? How was the sound quality? In case you do not know what I a talking about here is the link
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=547361
      09-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #2
Sherj
Private First Class
Rep

Nobody? Well I have ordered mines and will hopefully post some pictures once I get it installed.
      09-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #3
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
I know the E90 sub has been used by a few people, and the E92 looks just as good. I'm definitely going this route with my E90 as soon as I get some funds for a full package from them.

Did you get a sub and amp from them as well?
      09-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #4
Sherj
Private First Class
Rep

Yep I got the Image Dynamics sub woofer and the arc amp. It is less of a headache in the long run since everything comes in one package and I do not need to go with the motion of buying a Technic harness, amp kit ect.
      09-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #5
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherj View Post
Yep I got the Image Dynamics sub woofer and the arc amp. It is less of a headache in the long run since everything comes in one package and I do not need to go with the motion of buying a Technic harness, amp kit ect.
If your system is Logic7 you will receive my harness with the VP Electricity sub kit.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
BlueLion
she likes the flavor......
United_States
Rep
Drives: A51-E92

Garage List
2022 X3MC  [0.00]
OP any update on this? Which package did you get?

E92 Montego Blue silfa718 ..::STETT CAI|ADVAN RS|WAGNER FMIC|MS DP|VANGUARD|PROCEDE|FORGE DV|BMS OCC|KWV2|MICHELIN PSS|OOS::..

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
token419
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325XI

@OP im curious to see how this went as well, im currently about to build my own 12" enclosure for my E90 similar to what VP has (Unfortunately i havent seen a 12" enclosure for E90). Was curious to see how you liked the output
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
Sherj
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
If your system is Logic7 you will receive my harness with the VP Electricity sub kit.
Yes I found that out from Ken, I thank you for making mines and other bmw owners lives easier with your harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLion View Post
OP any update on this? Which package did you get?
I got the Subbass Module Level One with amplifier. Update coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by token419 View Post
@OP im curious to see how this went as well, im currently about to build my own 12" enclosure for my E90 similar to what VP has (Unfortunately i havent seen a 12" enclosure for E90). Was curious to see how you liked the output
I am curious myself actually on how it will sound since not many people have a setup like the one given by VP Electronics. My package will arrive on the 22th so hopefully I'll get to installing it over the weekend, give some output, a picture or two of the install, and maybe a video if I can find time.

Last edited by Sherj; 09-20-2011 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
JerryK73
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue Coupe

I've actually had the the sub box from Ken for a couple of months now. Got it in 12" with a Morel Ultimo sub along with Morel Dotech's for the door and the under seat subs. Got all of it from Ken. Unfortunately I've been so busy at work that I haven't had time to get it all put in.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2011, 06:35 PM   #10
Sherj
Private First Class
Rep

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-T...0/DSC01140.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9...0/DSC01142.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P...0/DSC01143.JPG

So I finally install the system and it sounds pretty good, but I still have to tune it.

Couple of pointers if your going to order and install this

If you have a logic 7 system then you need to bridge it to 4 ohms, this means the 4 wires coming from the sub enclosure need to be twisted so they become 2 wires as oppose to 2. So you would twist the red and white wire together (these are the positives which need to go into the right positive of the amp) and twist the black and green together (there are the negative which both goes to the left negative slot on the amp). Tom from Musica who basically saved my butt but telling me this since i was putting 4 wires into separate slots that cause the amp to constantly go into protection mode.

Another point is the bracket on top of the sub enclosure needed to be bent slightly in order to clear the latch for the folding seats (if you have one of course).

Lastly would be that you need to route the remote wire from a power source like your cig lighters or as Technic prefers pin 10 on the back of the head unit.

Other then that the install itself was very easy it was just the wiring from the sub enclosure which drove me insane for 2 days. The sub itself sounds amazing but I still need to tune it. Anyone who has installed a sub woofer, what freq do you goes usually keep it at in order to have nice low deep base?

My only complain would be a little labeling what wires are positive and what wires are negative on the sub enclosure.

I would like to thank Ken and especially Tom from Musica for helping me buy and troubleshoot with their product.
      09-25-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
kmarei
Major General
Egypt
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi RS5 coupe

Garage List
2018 Audi RS5  [0.00]
Quote:
The sub itself sounds amazing but I still need to tune it. Anyone who has installed a sub woofer, what freq do you goes usually keep it at in order to have nice low deep base?
it kind of depends on what your system is

On my car, the sub was set to 55hz low pass
And it sounded great
Damn tight
I'm not a fan of loose bass or ported boxes
      09-28-2011, 11:43 AM   #12
dangeris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 328xi

looks clean! What type of LLC did you get to split the signal? PAC-SNI-35? And where did you connect the LLC if you went that route?
2008 997.1 TT Porsche; 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Show Car; 1995 300ZX SMZ #36
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #13
BlueLion
she likes the flavor......
United_States
Rep
Drives: A51-E92

Garage List
2022 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-T...0/DSC01140.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9...0/DSC01142.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-P...0/DSC01143.JPG

So I finally install the system and it sounds pretty good, but I still have to tune it.

Couple of pointers if your going to order and install this

If you have a logic 7 system then you need to bridge it to 4 ohms, this means the 4 wires coming from the sub enclosure need to be twisted so they become 2 wires as oppose to 2. So you would twist the red and white wire together (these are the positives which need to go into the right positive of the amp) and twist the black and green together (there are the negative which both goes to the left negative slot on the amp). Tom from Musica who basically saved my butt but telling me this since i was putting 4 wires into separate slots that cause the amp to constantly go into protection mode.

Another point is the bracket on top of the sub enclosure needed to be bent slightly in order to clear the latch for the folding seats (if you have one of course).

Lastly would be that you need to route the remote wire from a power source like your cig lighters or as Technic prefers pin 10 on the back of the head unit.

Other then that the install itself was very easy it was just the wiring from the sub enclosure which drove me insane for 2 days. The sub itself sounds amazing but I still need to tune it. Anyone who has installed a sub woofer, what freq do you goes usually keep it at in order to have nice low deep base?

My only complain would be a little labeling what wires are positive and what wires are negative on the sub enclosure.

I would like to thank Ken and especially Tom from Musica for helping me buy and troubleshoot with their product.
how did you do the above bolded step, i thought you wouldn't have to wire anything to the headunit it was all in the trunk?

E92 Montego Blue silfa718 ..::STETT CAI|ADVAN RS|WAGNER FMIC|MS DP|VANGUARD|PROCEDE|FORGE DV|BMS OCC|KWV2|MICHELIN PSS|OOS::..

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #14
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

The amp that we use with our sub-and-amp kit has signal-sensing turn on, and so tapping the stock RTO wire at the back of the head unit is not required with Logic 7 or harman/kardon Top HiFi systems. (If you have an M3, then signal-sensing is not reliable with the woofer output of the EP amplifier). So I'm not clear why you needed a turn-on wire.

There is indeed a Technic harness in the kit. In the old days, we just included it - now we prewire the speaker and signal harnesses all into the Technic harness, so it's specifically modified for the kit you're getting.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2020, 09:39 PM   #15
Sherj
Private First Class
Rep

Man I thought my sub died the other day, it kept cutting out when the volume was above 75%. Turned out it was just a voltage regulators, popped a new one in and fixed the issue. Still enjoying the sub even though it is over 9 years old now.