E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N52 ESS Supercharger issues

Yesterday, 02:11 PM   #111
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

I think you want it in the main path of the airflow, like just before or after the throttle.

I would consider trying to use the stock euro IAT, or at least one that uses the same element. as Biginboca discovered, the aftermarket ones are much slower than the stock one is.

I think a broken flap *could* potentially cause drivability issues (surging etc), however I don't think it would cause a lean condition.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:29 PM   #112
CRE
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si Convertible

hassmachine, is the port where the evap/purge line connects (right behind the throttle body) stable enough to use for a source for a boost gauge? It's capped after installing this kit and as the throttle body isn't always in motion as it is on older vehicles I figure it may be an ideal location. No pulsations from the valves nor fluctuations from the DISA valves opening and closing. And it's very easy to get to .
Appreciate 0