E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Bad hpfp or a different issue?

07-22-2022, 11:15 AM   #1
BikerSam
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i xDrive

Question Bad hpfp or a different issue?

(2011 e92 335i xDrive 6AT with JB4 Map 5)

I've been reading through alot of threads but haven't found any answers I would feel confident throwing parts at. My car has always had a pretty solid idle, but every few days it would throw a fit and bounce around until I let it sit for a few minutes.

Fast forward to last night, I saw a large open on ramp and decided to do a 1-5 pull. However at the end of the pull as I slowed down my engine cut off (without any of my accessories cutting out). Luckily the breaks still worked and I was able to pull off to the shoulder, throw my car in park and restart my engine. It fired right up and drove fine for a minute or so until it died again at around 35 MPH, it repeated that pattern 2 more times before I managed to get home. When I went to go replicate the issue this morning, I was unable to do so, despite doing several 1-5 pulls. When I went and looked at the logs I noticed a couple drops in hpfp pressure and my fuel trims were all over the place ( not sure if thats normal, im still pretty new to the e92 platform).

Could it be a bad hpfp or somthing else? Any advice is appreciated!

(Logs will be posted as soon as I get home)
Appreciate 0