E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > M57 335D LPFP Option

08-09-2022, 07:55 AM   #1
panzer_mörder
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

M57 335D LPFP Option

Hello,

Anyone running a aftermarket lpfp in their M57? Walbro 450 in stock lpfp holder?

long story short I’ve had 2 stock ones fail since tuning. The first pump was original and the second direct OEM lpfp just failed after 50k of mileage.

Also, for anyone that’s experiencing the dreaded 4560 fuel rail pressure code, it was the LPFP for me. I began to see the same symptoms on this one as the last failed lpfp.

- car would cut off when coming to stop
- limp mode when approaching low idle
- noticeable more smoky
- fuel rail pressure codes
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 02:18 PM   #2
Doumatjee456
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: Bmw e91 335d

I have dual cp3 from Santjer with the secondary lift pump.
Then whitbread came with an upgraded in tank pump.
I bought that one and installed it and removed oem pump + secondary lift pump. Was able to drive without problems for a week.
The upgraded pump is pulling too much current and the wires to the ekpm3 module were getting very hot.
Car shuts down by itself and I was having rail pressure problems ( that was due to having old software for the 2 pump setup )

So now I'm running the oem pump + secondary lift pump again without problems.

There are some people who are upgrading the wires and modify the ekpm module with heat sink and cool pads and fan etc.
But no real answer on how long that will last with stock EKPM module.

There is an upgraded ekpm module which cost like 600 dollars but I don't wanna go that route for now.
      08-29-2022, 09:06 PM   #3
awenthol
Private
Rep
Drives: BSM 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer_mörder View Post
long story short I’ve had 2 stock ones fail since tuning. The first pump was original and the second direct OEM lpfp just failed after 50k of mileage.
I know this isn't the response you're looking for, but if you've failed two pumps, either you're EXTREMELY unlucky (quality issues), there's something else wrong in your system, or you're doing something wrong....

When you say "tuning," do you mean "standard" power bump with deletes? Not that this should really be relevant...just that you aren't running "big power."

How often are you replacing the fuel filter?

Do you run below 1/4 tank frequently?

Which brand of fuel are you using?

Any additives?

Wiring issues could lead to high current draw, causing over-heating/fatigue.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 08:12 PM   #4
panzer_mörder
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post
I know this isn't the response you're looking for, but if you've failed two pumps, either you're EXTREMELY unlucky (quality issues), there's something else wrong in your system, or you're doing something wrong....

When you say "tuning," do you mean "standard" power bump with deletes? Not that this should really be relevant...just that you aren't running "big power."

Any additives?

Tuning = Stage 2.8 with full deletes, upgraded intercooler, ATM intake, 3 inch exhaust.

Fuel filter is replaced twice a year.

Rarely does the tank get under 1/4th.

Shell station diesel fuel

Hot shot additive religiously after changing out fuel injectors.

The only things left untouched would be:

EPK Module and wiring (checking wiring tonight and will install/code a known working module)
HPFP
DDE
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 08:16 AM   #5
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by awenthol View Post

Any additives?

Tuning = Stage 2.8 with full deletes, upgraded intercooler, ATM intake, 3 inch exhaust.

Fuel filter is replaced twice a year.

Rarely does the tank get under 1/4th.

Shell station diesel fuel

Hot shot additive religiously after changing out fuel injectors.

The only things left untouched would be:

EPK Module and wiring (checking wiring tonight and will install/code a known working module)
HPFP
DDE
Tried responding to your, but wouldn't go through. You can email me at coding@topgearsolutions.com.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 02:56 AM   #6
fearitself165
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hello,

Anyone running a aftermarket lpfp in their M57? Walbro 450 in stock lpfp holder?

Also, for anyone that’s experiencing the dreaded 4560 fuel rail pressure code, it was the LPFP for me. I began to see the same symptoms on this one as the last failed lpfp.

- car would cut off when coming to stop
- limp mode when approaching low idle
- noticeable more smoky
- fuel rail pressure codes
I never really had any of those problems except when my car first died. I replaced the rail pressure sensor, and then I replaced the rail pressure relief valve thing. It runs great now but when accelerating hard enough I still get a check engine light pop. I was pretty sure it was the hpfp flow control valve. I unfortunately don't have access to a code reader ATM but I hope to soon.
Appreciate 0