E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 335is lease offer: deal or no deal?

09-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
djn04
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

335is lease offer: deal or no deal?

So I've been away from BMW since an e46 vert and I'm looking at a 335is with DCT. Here's the offer let me know what you think.

MSRP: 57550
Invoice: 53615 (includes MACO training etc.)
Sale Price: 52020 (this includes the 1575 DCT rebate)
4k down (this includes paying the 775 acquisition fee and about 700 of other fees)
Security Deposit: waived

580 a month + 45 a month in taxes = 625 a month.

This is with 60% residual and 165 money factor.

I said what about the 150 MF and said he would need to charge the security deposit in I wanted the 150 MF.

Deal or No Deal?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
looks reasonable to me... but that's A LOT down. What's that 36 mo? How many miles?

If it's 36 mo, I'd push it out to 39 months to get your monthly price lower, then take a little less out of pocket.

Since it is lease, you will often get a 3 month pull ahead for free anyway, so that's free $$ in your wallet.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
djn04
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

The 4k includes the 1st months payment so it's more like 3400 down but I see what you're saying.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Not a bad deal at all. Seems like you're getting a good price. What you put down is completely up to you - many find that paying the higher monthly payment is a better deal than shelling out cash up front, but if monthly payment is important to you, go for it.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #5
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Don't put anything down; other than that it's a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 02:49 PM   #6
Jalal28
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

To be more specific on the "don't put money down" comment.

What I've learned in negotiating my own deal is "don't make a cap cost reduction or pay any fees up front..."

Roll every additional fee the dealer will allow into your monthly payment (1st months payment, MACO, Training, Tire Tax, Doc, Registration, etc). Then take the $4,000 amount you were going to spend up front on the car and use to put down MULTIPLE SECURITY DEPOSITS (MSDs) instead.

I won't get into the math right now, but over the lease term, you save more money by negotiating as low a sell price as possible, rolling all fees into monthly payment, and putting any available cash you were going to apply towards those fees, towards MSDs instead.

Do a search if you want specifics, but the numbers over the lease term always work out to less... don't forget, YOU GET THOSE MSDs back at the end of the lease or if the car is ever totalled/stolen...
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #7
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalal28 View Post

What I've learned in negotiating my own deal is "don't make a cap cost reduction or pay any fees up front..."

Roll every additional fee the dealer will allow into your monthly payment (1st months payment, MACO, Training, Tire Tax, Doc, Registration, etc). Then take the $4,000 amount you were going to spend up front on the car and use to put down MULTIPLE SECURITY DEPOSITS (MSDs) instead.

I won't get into the math right now, but over the lease term, you save more money by negotiating as low a sell price as possible, rolling all fees into monthly payment, and putting any available cash you were going to apply towards those fees, towards MSDs instead.

Do a search if you want specifics, but the numbers over the lease term always work out to less... don't forget, YOU GET THOSE MSDs back at the end of the lease or if the car is ever totalled/stolen...
Great advice.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #8
jopa489
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything with Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalal28 View Post

Very smart advice indeed. Good post.

X7 LCI // Incoming
C7 ZR1 ZTK // Sebring + TRX // Hydro + Raptor Gen1 Roush // Tuxedo
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2010, 09:42 AM   #9
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Excellent MF and residual - I come up with about $730/month (3 year lease - includes 8% sales tax) with no money down. Not a bad deal. You could offer an even $700 per month which should be close.

Are you dealing with Baron? Josh Roberts is a pretty fair guy.

Dave

Former Car: 2007 335i Coupe JB3
Appreciate 0