E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My AA Active Processor feedback

04-24-2008, 01:55 PM   #45
tomtom
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
AA replied, you'll get a PM.
What about making it public. I am interested to know as well. Keep me posted!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #46
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
What about making it public. I am interested to know as well. Keep me posted!
I did not get more information than AA will send a PM. Nothing more to disclose from my side.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #47
e.n335
Austria
Rep

Honestly I don't really understand the issue. I have monitored boost with my boost gauge and saw 14psi max. as a spike once or twice. It likely holds 13 psi and spikes up to 13.5 psi. Boost tapers down at redline to 8.5 - 9psi. Such settings are not aggressive at all and should be very reliable.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #48
e.n335
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
But my car started to stutter and hesitating. Maybe its not the AA but a fuelpump that doesn't working correct when being stressed a little bit more than stock... But it's kind of strange that it happends for three of us in the exact same way. And only for me when I use the kick-down.

I need to get hold of the code, that would help a lot. But thats not until monday.
You are right, it's strange. Please keep us informed and good luck for monday !

Cheers,
Eugen
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 02:51 PM   #49
seccsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
But my car started to stutter and hesitating. Maybe its not the AA but a fuelpump that doesn't working correct when being stressed a little bit more than stock... But it's kind of strange that it happends for three of us in the exact same way. And only for me when I use the kick-down.

I need to get hold of the code, that would help a lot. But thats not until monday.
When I get my car back tomorrow from the LPFP replacement, I'll install the AA and post my results on Saturday. We'll see if I can reproduce the issue. See ya Monday!
      04-24-2008, 03:08 PM   #50
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Eugen,

Thanks for taking the time to make a review. So far, we have had a lot of great customer feedback with these units. It seems like AA has really hit it on the head as far as offering a huge improvement in performance and not sacrificing the car's inherent smoothness.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #51
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
I disagree, the individuals who have had issues should be in contact with AA. It is not AA's responsibility to browse the forums in an attempt to find issues.
Well thay have no problem coming on here and plugging their products and answering questions for potential buyers..they should be doing the same for forum members that bought their product and are having issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #52
SilverBullet
You have absolutely NO IDEA...
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

I think that us AA Processor users should have an AA Processor thread in which we can discuss our thoughts and feelings about it. Any problems that may occur or good things we may find. No bullshyt or bashing each other.

Whatcha think?

To honest, i;m not a very happy customer of AA. I purchased all their products including the Processor, BOV kit, FMIC kit, and exhaust. There were quite a few things i was told by the sales rep at AA and found out different later. Now that i have it, i'm stuck with it, but i take it as a lesson learned. I now know what questions i need to ask and what to make sure of, before the purchase. What disappoints me the most is that it wasn't another retailer that i purchased the items from, it was the manufacture and i was still misinformed of the product and how it works.
      04-24-2008, 04:14 PM   #53
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
I think that us AA Processor users should have an AA Processor thread in which we can discuss our thoughts and feelings about it. Any problems that may occur or good things we may find. No bullshyt or bashing each other.

Whatcha think?

To honest, i;m not a very happy customer of AA. I purchased all their products including the Processor, BOV kit, FMIC kit, and exhaust. There were quite a few things i was told by the sales rep at AA and found out different later. Now that i have it, i'm stuck with it, but i take it as a lesson learned. I now know what questions i need to ask and what to make sure of, before the purchase. What disappoints me the most is that it wasn't another retailer that i purchased the items from, it was the manufacture and i was still misinformed of the product and how it works.
This is exactly why I never bought from AA.. EVERY time I asked one of the reps for info, they either evaded my questions and gave me generic bullshit answers, or they just flat out lied, which I later found out after doing some research. Either that, or the reps don't know anything about the products they are selling.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:25 PM   #54
MarinoB
Captain
Croatia
Rep
Drives: '17 F80 M3

Quote:

Whatcha think?

You didnt happen to have your install done by Bergen Imports?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 04:49 PM   #55
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Guys,

I have brought this thread to the attention of AA to see if there are any known problems with the Processor. To my knowledge, these are isolated incidents as we have not had one issue with the units we have sold.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 05:12 PM   #56
SilverBullet
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinoB View Post
You didnt happen to have your install done by Bergen Imports?
No sure, i have my own personal BMW techs that do ma work....
      04-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #57
SilverBullet
United_States
Rep

So here's to "PUTTING IT OUT THERE":

I was lied to about their products by them, themselves. They had NO problem at all asking me for my Credit Card number for the $4200 for the (4) products i purchased.

Front Mount Intercooler: I didn't want this product because of the cutting involved. I was told that there was only a little bit of trimming - Ended up being A LOT OF CUTTING...

Blow-Off Valve Kit: I was told that there were a few of their (AA) customers that used the GRUPPEM intake with the rest of their products. They forgot to mention the $2000 intake doesn't fit properly with their BOV. After spending $500 for their BOV, i spent $340 for the FORGE DVs, and now another $200 to have the flange moved on their kit.

Processor: I was told that a map would be sent with my Processor according to what my MODs were. And i could add or change maps down the road and they would be working on new maps as well. They ONLY have 1 MAP. NO PLANS on ANY others. USER CANNOT add, change, or modify any maps.

Exhaust: Complete bolt on. Ended up having to cut my factory exhaust and there was nothing in the directions about the valve on the stock exhaust, at the end.
      04-24-2008, 05:46 PM   #58
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Didn't one of the older versions of the procede have a similar issue with steptronics needing a different map than the 6MT with something to do with boost during shifts? (sorry, I don't remember exactly what the issue was since I don't pay attention to much info on the step since I don't have one). Are all of the cars that are throwing a code steptronics? Just curious.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #59
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]

Quote:

I was lied to about their products by them, themselves. They had NO problem at all asking me for my Credit Card number for the $4200 for the (4) products i purchased.

Front Mount Intercooler: I didn't want this product because of the cutting involved. I was told that there was only a little bit of trimming - Ended up being A LOT OF CUTTING...

Blow-Off Valve Kit: I was told that there were a few of their (AA) customers that used the GRUPPEM intake with the rest of their products. They forgot to mention the $2000 intake doesn't fit properly with their BOV. After spending $500 for their BOV, i spent $340 for the FORGE DVs, and now another $200 to have the flange moved on their kit.

Processor: I was told that a map would be sent with my Processor according to what my MODs were. And i could add or change maps down the road and they would be working on new maps as well. They ONLY have 1 MAP. NO PLANS on ANY others. USER CANNOT add, change, or modify any maps.

Exhaust: Complete bolt on. Ended up having to cut my factory exhaust and there was nothing in the directions about the valve on the stock exhaust, at the end.
      04-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #60
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:

Hello,

T.J.,

We have spoken a couple times regarding this situation and a future sponsorship. We have also spoken regarding this miscommunication between you and on of our salesmen. I do apologize for the inconvenience but I have addressed every issue already. You have not had any issue with your Active Processor and there is no need for any other map at the moment.

Front Mount Intercooler - I explained that your shop gave you the wrong information and you agreed because there is no way that the modifying takes more than 1/2 hour if that long. I believe they told you 3 hours and you admitted that was too much labor. The modifying has to do with a plastic shroud and trimming it is not a problem.

BOV Kit- There are a few customers running our BOV kit in Japan and you decided to go ahead and purchase the unit. You then insisted on modifying the unit to have it fit your car. We offered tech support from our end but unfortunately there was nothing we can do since the car was not present.

Once again T.J. I apologize for any miscommunication but last time we spoke we were both on the same page and you agreed you were pleased with the products with the exception of the trouble you are having custom fitting the BOV unit.

You even sent me an email yesterday regarding that situation and stating your were pleased, you even continued to request information regarding sponsorship.

We appreciate your business T.J. and will do everything we can in the future to make the experience with your 335 an enjoyable one. Thanks again and drive safely.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 06:05 PM   #61
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

As Jlevi stated we have sold a couple hundred units and have no known issues at the moment. These units have been installed on 135's, 335's, and 535's and have proven to provide the perfect balance between power and reliability.

If you are experiencing any problems please contact us directly at 305.233.9300 or via email. If it is urgent please contact us by phone. The forum is not the quickest way to get intouch with us since we have several forums that we frequent. We have our engineers and tech's ready to assist you and support our products.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #62
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

AA, do you have any plans for the v81 DME?
      04-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #63
SilverBullet
United_States
Rep

Sorry i couldn't get to my phone. I noticed you called twice but i was in the middle of dinner. I called you back and you were gone...

Omar,
We have discussed this a few times. If you look at my post, i stated what i information i was given before the sale, and then the actually FACTS afterwards. YOU were not my sales person. YOU had to fix all the problems caused by your sales person. I sent you an email (2) days ago about returning the BOV for full credit, and i'm yet to get a reply. I sent another email yesterday, letting you know i was trying to resolve the issue, and NO reply. I post honest facts on this thread, (2) phone calls, and a REPLY. I only hope other fellow bimmers do not make the same mistakes as i.

I DO appriciate you trying to correct all the problems in which your sales rep caused. That doesn't help the $4000 i have spent, which could have been spent more wisely...
      04-26-2008, 05:36 AM   #64
kompey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i

Quote:
Thank you very much for providing the dyno charts !
This dyno was made after the installation of active processor,and not after 1-2 days....but I don't think that the difference are big.

Yesterday I drive hard for long time and I confirm no limp mode(I've tested for long time the 3rd gear)
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 05:42 AM   #65
e.n335
Austria
Rep

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the limp modes mentioned in the thread. DS mode, let the car shift at redline. Gears 2-3 and 3-4. I could not reproduce and had no issues at all.

Currently the only mods on my car are the new AA Active Processor, Forge Diverter Valves ( green spring ) and DIMISA exhaust tips . Next mod will be a aftermarket FMIC. I use 100 octane RON gas which is 95.5 octane AKI.

Ciao,
Eugen
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 07:28 AM   #66
seccsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Hi,

I tried to reproduce the limp modes mentioned in the thread. DS mode, let the car shift at redline. Gears 2-3 and 3-4. I could not reproduce and had no issues at all.

Currently the only mods on my car are the new AA Active Processor, Forge Diverter Valves ( green spring ) and DIMISA exhaust tips . Next mod will be a aftermarket FMIC. I use 100 octane RON gas which is 95.5 octane AKI.

Ciao,
Eugen
Eugen,
I installed my AA again last night and I finished about 11:30 PM(2330). I then started a full adapt since the Battery Cable was disconnected.
While driving the interstate, I slowly began taking each gear higher and higher but then I induced a LIMP when 2nd Gear reached 6500 RPM after about ten miles of driving.
After driving about a mile the LIMP cleared.
After the LIMP cleared, I tested it again and I could not induce a LIMP. I even tried a Kickdown from 6th to 2nd Gear but nothing.
I'm not sure if I was making the care adapt too fast?

Eugen, did you disconnect battery and do a full adapt again when you tested?

I'll do some more testing today and get back with you.

Cheers!