E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Question for those with secondary cat deletes

06-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Takeshi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Cabriolet

Question for those with secondary cat deletes

Did you use a bender for your test pipe?

I tried to find pictures of secondary cat deletes but I only found this for the 335
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161438

Since the 335 cats are much further into the bend you definitely need to bend the test pipe. Our cats for the N52 are kind of just where the bend begins. Right now I just have two completely straight test pipes in place of the cats. But it does create a bit of a sharp bend where the cats use to have a smoother bend. I was eyeing the AFE race pipes so I could have a fully mandrel bent header back but after all the complaints about their customer service I'm probably not getting it anymore.

I'm thinking of maybe getting the SS front pipe instead. I was just wondering what most people did with their cat deletes? Did you bend the very end of your test pipes or just put in a completely straight test pipe?
E93 328i | Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs | 19 inch BMW Performance 269 Rims | Aero Front Lip | Yellow Fog Light Tint | Black Front Grill | K&N Drop In Filter | Charcoal Filter Delete | Cyba Air Scoops | Rev Motoring Silicone Intake Hose | Magnaflow Full Catback Exhaust | Secondary Cat Delete | BMS Powerbox Tune | BMS Downshift Blocker
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

SS secondary pipes are overpriced. I would have a shop make it, and I would go with a single 3" instead of dual pipes.
Appreciate 0