E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Kimi



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-22-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
3798j
Lieutenant
3798j's Avatar
269
Rep
436
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Kimi

Radio message of the race 📻

Kimi 🗣️ "If you want me to let him go, just tell me..."

#GermanGP
__________________
'08 3.0SI, '14 S5, '64 & '85 Corvettes, '66 TR4A, '68 GT6, '55 F100

Appreciate 3
      07-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
MKSixer
Major General
9444
Rep
5,347
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Making them call it out. I love it!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.

Last edited by MKSixer; 07-23-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #3
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1158
Rep
1,991
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 Z4C, '07 E93
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Best post race comment came from Verstappen, noted rainmeister, standing under an umbrella in a deluge: "I just wish the race had started a little later."
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2018, 03:05 PM   #4
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17368
Rep
10,350
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Best post race comment came from Verstappen, noted rainmeister, standing under an umbrella in a deluge: "I just wish the race had started a little later."
Ohhh...Yes . Spot on !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #5
MGM135is
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
1113
Rep
1,954
Posts

Drives: 135is #399
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Love Kimi man.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 04:25 PM   #6
3798j
Lieutenant
3798j's Avatar
269
Rep
436
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The way the request to move over was posed, it was just so vague...there's Kimi, trying to hustle his car as fast as he can when his race engineer starts talking in his ear:

Jock Clear: So Kimi this is Jock. You are aware we need to look after tyres. Both cars need to look after tyres and you two are on different strategies. Your track strategies are slightly different and we’d like you not to hold up Seb. Thank you.

Kimi Raikkonen: I’m not sure what you mean. What do you want me to do?

Jock Clear: Losing as little time as possible, obviously, but when you can Seb is capable of going quicker but, er, he’s hurting his tyres and you are as well, we need to look after them.

Kimi Raikkonen: So you want me to let him go? Just tell me.
__________________
'08 3.0SI, '14 S5, '64 & '85 Corvettes, '66 TR4A, '68 GT6, '55 F100

Appreciate 1
      07-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #7
E92 M Sport
First Lieutenant
E92 M Sport's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
369
Posts

Drives: 2016 F82
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
Radio message of the race 📻

Kimi 🗣️ "If you want me to let him go, just tell me..."

#GermanGP
I love Kimi. I really want him to get some more wins before pensioning out.
__________________
2016 M4 MW/SS 6mt
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #8
Pig Farmer
Major
250
Rep
1,219
Posts

Drives: E92M
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Most rediculous post race interview question followed by a perfect response...

Question: Kimi do you feel that the Ferrari is more difficult to drive in these kinds of conditions compared to the Mercedes?

Kimi’s response: I don’t know, I only drive my car.
Appreciate 5
EdM5383.50
SYT_Shadow2633.50
sahajesh666.00
Ghosn278.00

      07-23-2018, 12:26 AM   #9
mk1-fan
Second Lieutenant
mk1-fan's Avatar
South Africa
156
Rep
266
Posts

Drives: 2018 G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Gauteng, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 M Sport View Post
I love Kimi. I really want him to get some more wins before pensioning out.
Sadly, that will only happen if Vettel has some sort of problems and cannot win or finish the race.

Kimi is my favourite all time F1 driver, purely because he speaks his mind and don't care what people think.

Here is one of my favourite quotes:

Appreciate 1
      07-23-2018, 12:51 AM   #10
Say Chi Sin Lo
Private First Class
69
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Join Date: May 2018
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
The way the request to move over was posed, it was just so vague...there's Kimi, trying to hustle his car as fast as he can when his race engineer starts talking in his ear:

Jock Clear: So Kimi this is Jock. You are aware we need to look after tyres. Both cars need to look after tyres and you two are on different strategies. Your track strategies are slightly different and wed like you not to hold up Seb. Thank you.

Kimi Raikkonen: Im not sure what you mean. What do you want me to do?

Jock Clear: Losing as little time as possible, obviously, but when you can Seb is capable of going quicker but, er, hes hurting his tyres and you are as well, we need to look after them.

Kimi Raikkonen: So you want me to let him go? Just tell me.
I was listening during the broadcast. I was like: "Who the hell is this engineer?! Morpheus from the Matrix?!"
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #11
MKSixer
Major General
9444
Rep
5,347
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
The way the request to move over was posed, it was just so vague...there's Kimi, trying to hustle his car as fast as he can when his race engineer starts talking in his ear:

Jock Clear: So Kimi this is Jock. You are aware we need to look after tyres. Both cars need to look after tyres and you two are on different strategies. Your track strategies are slightly different and we’d like you not to hold up Seb. Thank you.

Kimi Raikkonen: I’m not sure what you mean. What do you want me to do?

Jock Clear: Losing as little time as possible, obviously, but when you can Seb is capable of going quicker but, er, he’s hurting his tyres and you are as well, we need to look after them.

Kimi Raikkonen: So you want me to let him go? Just tell me.
I'm not a real fan of the guy because his win-to-fastest-lap ratio tells me a story most are uncomfortable discussing. In this case, however, I have to give the devil his due: He made Jock Clear call out the swap loud and Clear (). They do this to him all the time and it's getting a bit ridiculous. If your anointed Numero Uno driver can't make the pass, maybe rethink your overall driver strategy.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 03:57 PM   #12
SFCM3
Major
United_States
661
Rep
1,071
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

good ole Kimi, still my fav driver, the real Ice Man.
__________________
I am never able to post pictures on forums, all my pics are on IG @baye30 https://www.instagram.com/baye30/
Current Garage - [2011 E90 M3 ZCP] [2005 E53 X5 3.0 Sport] [1988 E30 325IS 24V]
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #13
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
five_timer's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: 128i convertible
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCM3 View Post
good ole Kimi, still my fav driver, the real Ice Man.
Mika Hakkinnen was The Iceman before Kimi. Was he not real?

I think Kimi was one of the greats. If it weren't for constantly bad luck at McLaren, he'd have several more WCs. And the Renaults weren't up to the task.

However, like with Shumacher, once you retire, you shouldn't come back. And for the life of me, I can't understand why F1 has collectively abandoned the career of Alonso, for Kimi as a permanent 2nd fiddle Ferrari driver.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 12:15 AM   #14
Bartledoo
Captain
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
342
Rep
710
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
And for the life of me, I can't understand why F1 has collectively abandoned the career of Alonso, for Kimi as a permanent 2nd fiddle Ferrari driver.
Maybe he burned too many bridges.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper

Last edited by Bartledoo; 07-24-2018 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 1
MrPrena1504.50

      07-24-2018, 05:54 AM   #15
Chihuahua
Colonel
Chihuahua's Avatar
1165
Rep
2,019
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

iTrader: (0)

"Yea, yea...Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing."

That's my favorite of all time. There's even a T-shirt for it.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 06:13 AM   #16
TomHudson
Captain
407
Rep
807
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
"Yea, yea...Leave me alone, I know what I'm doing."

That's my favorite of all time. There's even a T-shirt for it.
This was classic!

Love Kimi
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 11:12 AM   #17
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
3193
Rep
4,468
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (16)

I'd love to see him get another win before he winds up on a beach somewhere, but let's all be honest, it just ain't happening unless Hamilton/Vettel/Bottas, and maybe even Verstappen all crash out of a race or something. Kimi just doesn't have the edge those four do, he seems content on placing third and perhaps second from time to time but that's it. I don't ever see him "going for it" or really putting pressure on people like any of the above four would.

He's essentially my favorite driver on the grid right now, but I have to be honest. This really should be his last year.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 11:45 AM   #18
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
SYT_Shadow's Avatar
United_States
2634
Rep
4,387
Posts

Drives: E90M, E92M, X5, Mini Cooper S
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Greenwich, CT

iTrader: (1)

I love IceMan as well. His interviews are the best
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 01:11 PM   #19
five_timer
no turbo, no auto, no iDrive, no kidding
five_timer's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: 128i convertible
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I'd love to see him get another win before he winds up on a beach somewhere, but let's all be honest, it just ain't happening unless Hamilton/Vettel/Bottas, and maybe even Verstappen all crash out of a race or something. Kimi just doesn't have the edge those four do, he seems content on placing third and perhaps second from time to time but that's it. I don't ever see him "going for it" or really putting pressure on people like any of the above four would.
I don't think he's content, but I agree he doesn't have that edge. I find it interesting to look at the 2 drivers who are essentially driving the same car. Bottas is younger than Hamilton, and he was really a standout driver, but he's consistently out-driven by HAM. VET was consistently faster than WEB, and Shumacher was consistently faster than Barrichello. The current RBR lineup is the closest matchup I've seen in some time.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 10:27 PM   #20
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1158
Rep
1,991
Posts

Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 Z4C, '07 E93
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by five_timer View Post
I don't think he's content, but I agree he doesn't have that edge. I find it interesting to look at the 2 drivers who are essentially driving the same car. Bottas is younger than Hamilton, and he was really a standout driver, but he's consistently out-driven by HAM. VET was consistently faster than WEB, and Shumacher was consistently faster than Barrichello. The current RBR lineup is the closest matchup I've seen in some time.
VET LEC in equal cars could be interesting. I have my fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 05:17 AM   #21
Jenya B
Lieutenant
Russia
132
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: Z4 , X5 F15d Msport
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Sergio Marchionne just died , sad news
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 07:47 PM   #22
yco
ignorance is bliss..
138
Rep
375
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kiev

iTrader: (0)

one way or another this year can be Kimi's last year in F1..
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST