E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LCI Rear Conversion Issues

05-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #23
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3TA5IN View Post
Ah ok, thanks. I didnt realize that. I thought the lines were the same just the LEDs were different.

I've seen you can update to Frm2 or 3 is this difficult or does it have to be done by the dealer? Also, what are the advantages?
You have to physically swap out the footwell module, you can't 'update' a FRM1 to FRM 2 or 3 via computer. You take out FRM1 and get a FRM2 or 3 to swap in.

Search is your friend. I think it's time that you start to use it. All your questions have been covered extensively here on E90post.
      05-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #24
M3TA5IN
SRS BZN
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post

Search is your friend. I think it's time that you start to use it. All your questions have been covered extensively here on E90post.

ok, just a few last questions...

Once all questions are answered about the e9x chassie that anyone could ever ask, well e90post just become like a Google type search engine where we only search instead of participate in discussion?

If this does happen, do you think its possible that vBulletin could update there search function?

and last, if this were to go into effect. Do you think e90post will continue to attract members or would it just die out? In return killing advertising income.

P.S. I searched to find this thread, you just seemed like a good knowledgeable guy, so I figured I would keep picking at your brain. Turns out you are the only Canadian I have ever met that wasn't pleasant, must be from Quebec

P.S.S The interwebz is a mystical place full of SRS BZN (serious business), I think you will do well here
      05-30-2011, 11:15 AM   #25
M3TA5IN
SRS BZN
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

canucklion we have major system malfunction...

I searched, with the help from you infinite knowledge of teaching me on the F__tw_ll Mo__le, but it brought me right back here??? I'm pretty convinced this "search" thing you speak of is a conspiracy.

I think we should go back through our post, and delete all the messages where we typed you know what. F___T__LL M___LE

READY? GO!!!
      05-25-2019, 09:17 AM   #26
nixE90
Bimmer Heart
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_bml View Post
No need for rewiring for outers, just eliminate bulbs errors, and if you don't have Frm2 you will need to connect wire from pin 4 to pin 5 too. Otherwise you will have just one bulb per side on brake light.
I have successfully done my rear conversion to LCI with my FRM1, however I have the same problem left like you said where only one bulb lights up per side for the outer brake light. I'm kinda confused what do you mean "connect wire from pin 4 to 5"? How do I fix this? I'm no expert

Sorry for opening an old thread, really need some help here

Last edited by nixE90; 05-25-2019 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 01:41 PM   #27
markhowell77
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI E90 Pre-LCI Converted

I recently purchased INPA software bundled with k-DCAN cable to reset the FRM error count, after reset I found that my wife's E90 (pre-LCI but converted) would light up fog light too, even stranger putting fog lights on would actually cancel out the reverse bulbs, so figured I had a short circuit somewhere.
CCID 115 and 117 were showing (Left and Right reverse lights out).
Looked at this thread and found wiring reference, but mine is a little different.

This works for me 2005 E90 320D SE FRM1 -
Left -
Pin 1 = Purple/Black
Pin 2 = Brown
Pin 3 = Red/Green
Pin 4 = Yellow/Black

Right
Pin 1 = Yellow/Purple
Pin 2 = Red/Green
Pin 3 = Brown
Pin 4 = Blue/Black

Thanks to all that share their information and findings.
Mark
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 02:55 AM   #28
Tiner
Rep
Drives: E90 330d '06

First of all, sorry for upping this thread...

But i've just fitted the LCI trunklights to a 2006 E90, rewired as the image, and every lights working properly but blinkers blinking fast.

Can it be fixed by coding?

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 01:50 PM   #29
Tiner
Rep
Drives: E90 330d '06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiner View Post
First of all, sorry for upping this thread...

But i've just fitted the LCI trunklights to a 2006 E90, rewired as the image, and every lights working properly but blinkers blinking fast.

Can it be fixed by coding?

Thank you!!
Done!

Just coding and blinking normally and no errors with FRM 1.

THANK YOU!
Appreciate 0