E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > $1000 over invoice, plus my opinion on space gray vs. sparkling graphite

11-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #23
thd13
Major
Rep
Drives: A07 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LLC
$1000 over invoice?!!! I can get e92 335 with less than $500 over invoice anytime.
You can probably get that, but that's the difference between the West Coast and Midwest. I'm sure there's a lot more supply over there and the dealers can do those great deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSilver
I agree completely.

GET IT!!!
+11
      11-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #24
tctic
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguy
Any ideas how to do this in Canada?
We don't get such good deals in Canada even though our MSRP is higher than the US. It just doesn't work that way. In Canada, if you can get $2000 or so off the OP's spec-ed car, it would be considered a good deal.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2006, 08:57 PM   #25
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya
Took the plunge today!

I put my deposit down on a special order for March Delivery. I will finalize order in January but here is what I have:

2007 335i Coupe
Space Gray Metallic A52
Coral Red Leather LCD1
Aluminum Trim 4AD
Sports Package ZSP
Navigation 609
Cold Weather Package ZCP
Park Distance Control 507

After reading posts about the purple/pink hue in Sparkling Graphite I was a bit skeptical. I still think Sparkling Graphite is a beautiful color, but even today, which was cloudy, I could see the purple/pink. Plus I see so many sparkling graphite e90 on the road today.

Two cars down was Space Gray, and even though it was a bit dirty and it was cloudy today, I loved it. Definitely a gray/silver combination as opposed to Sparkling Graphite which is more gray/black in my opinion.

No hate against Sparkling Graphite, and Montego is striking in person, but I loved Space Gray and am not looking back.

Coral red is not nearly as bright in person as you see in pictures online. Very sporty, unique and European.

My experience with my CA and the dealership was very pleasant, I got an offer sheet for $1000 over factory invoice in writing, signed off by management. If anyone is interested in a similar deal send me a PM as I am sure my CA will welcome incremental business!

Thanks for reading!

I would delete cold weather and only get heated front seats. I also would delete park distance control, as I've had it in an M3 and 550i and never felt it was helpful. Finally, I am delighted with Active Steering and would not do without Comfort Access.
      11-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #26
Daya
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 space gray/coral red

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [9.66]
I thought about doing heated seats only, but although I am a diehard Colorado skier, I do make the occasional weekend trip to Michigan with my buddies to ski the "hills" of the Midwest. So the extra $250 for the cold weather package vs. standalone heated seats wasn't a big deal.

The PDC helps because I live in the city, I am not exactly skilled at parallel parking, so I am hoping this will aid in my inadequacy

Lastly, I am intrigued with Active Steering now that I saw the demonstration video on BMW's website, I will try and drive it again with and without back to back before I finalize my order, $1250 is a lot since I am planning on getting some 19" CSL reps shortly after delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog
I would delete cold weather and only get heated front seats. I also would delete park distance control, as I've had it in an M3 and 550i and never felt it was helpful. Finally, I am delighted with Active Steering and would not do without Comfort Access.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 05:59 AM   #27
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LLC
$1000 over invoice?!!! I can get e92 335 with less than $500 over invoice anytime.
That's a great deal. Wonder if there's a way you can take delivery of these cars, and sell them on eBay? You'd have to have an MSO and say never registered. Many people I'm sure would pay list if they could pay and drive the same day. Impulse buys are nothing to those who have real $$$. There were two others on this forum who like you state they got over 3 grand off list. You sell 3 of these vehicles that you can get anytime, and you've paid for 1/4 of a car.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2006, 04:07 PM   #28
Wosby
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 20 G05 40i - Searching

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya
Took the plunge today!

I put my deposit down on a special order for March Delivery. I will finalize order in January but here is what I have:

2007 335i Coupe
Space Gray Metallic A52
Coral Red Leather LCD1
Aluminum Trim 4AD
Sports Package ZSP
Navigation 609
Cold Weather Package ZCP
Park Distance Control 507

After reading posts about the purple/pink hue in Sparkling Graphite I was a bit skeptical. I still think Sparkling Graphite is a beautiful color, but even today, which was cloudy, I could see the purple/pink. Plus I see so many sparkling graphite e90 on the road today.

Two cars down was Space Gray, and even though it was a bit dirty and it was cloudy today, I loved it. Definitely a gray/silver combination as opposed to Sparkling Graphite which is more gray/black in my opinion.

No hate against Sparkling Graphite, and Montego is striking in person, but I loved Space Gray and am not looking back.

Coral red is not nearly as bright in person as you see in pictures online. Very sporty, unique and European.

My experience with my CA and the dealership was very pleasant, I got an offer sheet for $1000 over factory invoice in writing, signed off by management. If anyone is interested in a similar deal send me a PM as I am sure my CA will welcome incremental business!

Thanks for reading!

I see you're in Chicago. Did you get your deal from Irv Robinson?
91 E30 325iX - Stolen
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #29
cybermaster
Ruby
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, 335d

From what I gather, there are 2 different invoice price. I learned that after I ordered.

1. True invoice - the price on e90post.com, edmunds.com, carpoint.com, etc.
2. Dealer invoice - the True Invoice plus MACO, training fee.

MACO is Market Co-Op advertising fee. Here at Northern California is $400 for 3 series.

Training Fee is $180.

When dealer shows you the Invoice, it add the Training fee to the base price of the car. In addition, toward the end of the price sheet they add MACO fee of $400.

Hope that helps,
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #30
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybermaster
From what I gather, there are 2 different invoice price. I learned that after I ordered.

1. True invoice - the price on e90post.com, edmunds.com, carpoint.com, etc.
2. Dealer invoice - the True Invoice plus MACO, training fee.

MACO is Market Co-Op advertising fee. Here at Northern California is $400 for 3 series.

Training Fee is $180.

When dealer shows you the Invoice, it add the Training fee to the base price of the car. In addition, toward the end of the price sheet they add MACO fee of $400.

Hope that helps,
Yep, that's why when one dealer told me $1500 over invoice (2080 over edmunds' invoice) was $1700 off list, the sales mgr where I ordered my car tried to charge me 1500 over the latter that you describe, which would have put me another $580 unfavorable, or more like 1120 under list. Lots of games, even with BMW. But with this 335 coupe thing, I defer to the bird in hand addage. Rather have the car in my possession at $1700 off list, than to be promised one in March at $3300 off list.....
Appreciate 0