E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > F/U Haunted houses: Ghost Hunters vs Ghost Adventures

01-10-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

F/U Haunted houses: Ghost Hunters vs Ghost Adventures

OK some of you guys know about a decision I am contemplating, so I have a f/u on this matter.
To fully investigate a potentially haunted house, would you call Ghost Hunters or Ghost Adventures?
Ghost Hunters seem to be pretty laidback and very scientific about their investigations. They really try to debunk possible paranormal activity.
Ghost Adventures: man, they INCITE THAT SHIT!!!!!!
They want the craziest shit to happen to them. They have no problem trying to get these ghosts and demons pissed at them. They are freaking nuts. I dont know if I would want them because I dont want them opening any gateway to hell or anything like that!

Discuss!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

A good friend of mine back home, his great uncle is one of the 13 ghosts of Alabama

His uncle was known for dancing a "jigg" or something, so they say when you see him he is dancing, crazy sh1t

Edit: not a dance, he gives you a fiddle

http://www.yourghoststories.com/real...php?story=1000
      01-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

For your case I'd suggest Ghost Hunters (TAPS). Unless your place is infamous for hauntings then I'd say that's the best route to go. I say don't even waste their time unless you and others have actually experienced something weird/paranormal there.

I don't think Ghost Adventures would go to a random house that *might have a ghost

Or just try and find another local group that does private investigations. I'd do that first

Last edited by GregTheStig; 01-10-2011 at 07:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

My brother has actually gotten interested in it, and has a few friends that go out to local sites and investigate. Nothing on the level of these guys, but they do it for fun. Dont know if I want anyone investigating this yet. Some believe you invoke that shit if you start investigating.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #5
XYR03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdadkel View Post
My brother has actually gotten interested in it, and has a few friends that go out to local sites and investigate. Nothing on the level of these guys, but they do it for fun. Dont know if I want anyone investigating this yet. Some believe you invoke that shit if you start investigating.
Brave souls, I wouldn't bother with spirits since they tend to follow/use u as a medium. (seen in person) scares the jesus outta me.
1998-E36 M3
2007-E92 328i[/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
I'd actually love to do that. I mean I'd be scared sh*tless if I were in 100 year old penitentiary at night, but I'd still love to investigate for a rush.

And yes, Ghost Adventures has already run into plenty of evil spirits that followed them around. They took a bunch of local fans to this old tavern somewhere in Kentucky I think and basically all of them were being haunted after they left.

It's bizarre, scary, and confusing to understand, but it fascinates me and I want to learn as much as I can about it.
      01-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #7
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Idk but ghost adventures seems faked to me, and you're crazy.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:45 PM   #8
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I remember one episode where he was trying to get some evil witch to possess his body. It was over in England or something.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Yeah they're good at taunting lol. I think the craziest thing that I ever saw on that show was when they were at that penitentiary where they sent disabled/mentally challenged kids and they basically lived in cages. They were walking through a room and a floor-mounted coat rack thing basically flew and hit one of them. They reviewed the footage and saw that they walked past it where it was on another wall about 10-15 ft away from where it happened. Of course they were all using cameras and couldn't have done it themselves. Crazy stuff
      01-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #10
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Episode in Birmingham at the Sloss furnace was crazy, camera actually caught a hand when the main guy felt something grab him, but only one camera out of 3 did
      01-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #11
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

I saw an episode the other night, it was at the home of a wealthy factory owner. In the entry way they set up motion detectors and a static camera. The detectors went off and as they did you could see a tall black mass sprint off camera. Effing crazy. I can go on about this all night lol
      01-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #12
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

It freaks me out when ends up with scratches as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #13
XYR03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Cayman S

This only makes me question...where do we really go after we die? Not making this a religious thread but seriously think abt it.
1998-E36 M3
2007-E92 328i[/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2011, 09:52 PM   #14
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

I've thought about it too, some of the evidence that's been caught over the years is just mind blowing, and it makes you wonder.
      01-11-2011, 10:25 AM   #15
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

It really does. I personally believe that its either Heaven or Hell. But what is some of this activity that people are witnessing and documenting? Are they angels, demons, or some other entity not discussed in religious texts?
Cool stuff though
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
It really does. I personally believe that its either Heaven or Hell. But what is some of this activity that people are witnessing and documenting? Are they angels, demons, or some other entity not discussed in religious texts?
Cool stuff though
Well it depends, people have been "possessed" by supposed demons on these shows, and all you can do is either trust they're telling the truth or be skeptical. I prefer to be open about it, and just try and figure out if it's staged. For the most part it's just the spirits of the dead that haven't "gone into the light", I guess.

Pretty deep
      01-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #17
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

And this whole "use my energy" thing that they do. Personally, I dont think I'm EVER going to say those words if concerned about a spirit. I dont know if you want to invite anything without knowing what you're dealing with.
Its also interesting to see when they have both gone to the same location (Hunters and Adventures). They both visited a saloon in Arizona and had different experiences. Is it because Adventures provoke and want the stuff to come at them, while TAPS just wants to observe and record?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #18
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Its also interesting to see when they have both gone to the same location (Hunters and Adventures). They both visited a saloon in Arizona and had different experiences. Is it because Adventures provoke and want the stuff to come at them, while TAPS just wants to observe and record?
That's my guess. the G.A. crew has crazier experiences because they ARE crazier they're good at provoking.
      01-12-2011, 08:57 AM   #19
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

eh I want to believe all the ghost stuff, but I'm the type that I'll believe it when I see it. and I DO want to see it. at some point I'll actually make the concentrated effort to seek it out.

I just can't believe TV shows with that shit...period.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 10:43 AM   #20
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

For those who live near some of theese places where the Ghost Hunters/Adventrues crews have gone, are there stories or personal experiences about these places? They have been all over the U.S. from what I've seen.
What I dont get is how are all of these old psych hopsitals and other huge old, haunted buildings still standing? Why not just bulldoze them all down and be done with it? SOme of these buildings have horrible histories associated with them, and need to be removed anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #21
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
For those who live near some of theese places where the Ghost Hunters/Adventrues crews have gone, are there stories or personal experiences about these places? They have been all over the U.S. from what I've seen.
What I dont get is how are all of these old psych hopsitals and other huge old, haunted buildings still standing? Why not just bulldoze them all down and be done with it? SOme of these buildings have horrible histories associated with them, and need to be removed anyway.
The only place like that for me is the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA. I was there a few years ago and witnessed some crazy stuff. Tons of people go there and experience things out of this world, but Ghost Hunters went there and didn't experience anything.

And yes some of these places don't need to exist anymore, like that old hospital in Los Angeles where they found left over human ash in the crematory.
      01-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #22
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XYR03 View Post
This only makes me question...where do we really go after we die? Not making this a religious thread but seriously think abt it.
I hope to go to Buzz & Ned's in Richmond
Appreciate 0