E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > 'Tamper Dot' - How to check what's up?

01-17-2021, 11:58 AM   #1
sypher01
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 318d LCI

'Tamper Dot' - How to check what's up?

Hey guys,
so, my car has the 'tamper dot' (or better, the 'warning triangle'), next to the km's.

I know for a fact that the engine was changed due to the faulty chain, the guy ended up paying about 6k euros.

Now i've got the car, and i'm trying to get all the alarms and stuff out of the way (nothing major, front brake pads, a few lights, rats that ate the ambient temperature sensor, etc)

However the main one that's bothering me is the km tamper dot - i HOPE its because the engine and the car have different kms, however how do i check the reasons why its showing up?

Not even talking about removing it for now, but at least i'd love to know why it shows up.

I've already got all the programs, INPA, ISTA, etc - but i simply dont know how to check that specific.

any hints?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sypher01 View Post
Hey guys,
so, my car has the 'tamper dot' (or better, the 'warning triangle'), next to the km's.

I know for a fact that the engine was changed due to the faulty chain, the guy ended up paying about 6k euros.

Now i've got the car, and i'm trying to get all the alarms and stuff out of the way (nothing major, front brake pads, a few lights, rats that ate the ambient temperature sensor, etc)

However the main one that's bothering me is the km tamper dot - i HOPE its because the engine and the car have different kms, however how do i check the reasons why its showing up?

Not even talking about removing it for now, but at least i'd love to know why it shows up.

I've already got all the programs, INPA, ISTA, etc - but i simply dont know how to check that specific.

any hints?

Thanks!
Is it the tamper dot or small warning triangle? That's two entirely separate things.

A engine replacement won't cause a tamper dot, a improper CAS replacement or cluster replacement would. If it's a tamper dot it would be caused by a VIN mismatch between the CAS module and KOMBI (cluster), it has nothing to do with mileage.
      01-17-2021, 01:40 PM   #3
sypher01
Italy
Rep

Ok,
now i'm confused.

I thought there was no 'tamper dot' in E90, but instead a 'tamper triangle'.

That being said, next to the km's i have a triangle - i always thought it was the tamper dot.

If its just a 'there's an error', i've got plenty of those.

Should disappear once all of them go away?

From another thread, just to make you guys understand what i'm talking about ...
https://i.redd.it/iao6xsvkx3e01.jpg
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
TunafishE93
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Yeah that's will go away once you get rid of errors. The dot would look like this
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 02:01 PM   #5
sypher01
Italy
Rep

Well, gee

I just shown my ignorance!

Thanks for the reply and the explanation!
Appreciate 0