E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help For Window Switch Problem

04-02-2021, 03:58 PM   #1
FireRed
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Help For Window Switch Problem

I have an e92 and recently got water all over the driver's side door panel and now all the buttons on the drivers side door don’t work including folding the mirrors, adjusting the mirrors, and rolling up and down the windows. I can’t tell if both the mirrors work because the buttons do not work either. However, when I reverse, the passenger rear view mirror still looks down and then back up when I put the car back in drive. Furthermore driver’s side window still goes up and down when I close and open the door, and all the locks work too. What should I try replacing or fixing? Does it sound like I just need to replace the master power window switch?

Last edited by FireRed; 04-02-2021 at 05:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #2
jacraest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i LCi N51

The passenger mirror is supposed to do that, so you don't curb your rims. Since you spilled water all over it, get a multimeter, take off the door panel, and get busy with finding what broke. You're definitely gonna have to replace something since the water probably shorted something.
Appreciate 0